Danish Royal Family Christmas: 2003, 2004, 2006-2014, 2016-2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Lasse Pedersen said:
More from TV2 on the Christmas Eve of the Danish Royal Family:

The article does not mention the presence of Reverend Peter Parkov, an old friend of HM The Queen, but seeing that the guests mentioned in the article make up 10 children and 19 adults, I deem it safe to assume that the ‘missing link’ is in this case the reverend who, as it has been mentioned in several previous articles, usually spends his Christmases with the Danish Royal Family.

Would they invite HH Alexandra to the dinner? Could she be the missing person?

Last edited by a moderator:
eireann said:

Of course, I do not know for sure, but I find it very unlikely that HH Princess Alexandra Christina, Countess of Frederiksborg would be invited to participate in the Danish Royal Family’s Christmas Celebrations, seeing that she is no longer part of the Royal Family as such, but of the Royal House. However good the relations between the princess and HRH Prince Joachim are, I could easily imagine that celebrating Christmas with 29 of your former in-laws would be, well, less than cosy.

Moreover, were she invited, I do not think that the Court would keep it from the public. I am sure that the presence of Reverend Parkov has not been kept from the press, but deliberately omitted from the article because he is not a royal. If HH Princess Alexandra, Countess of Frederiksborg were invited, it would not be omitted – of that I am sure! The media would love that!

I imagine that HH Princess Alexandra is looking forward to spending this Christmas with her parents and boyfriend! And that Prince Joachim is looking forward to celebrate Christmas with his boys this year!

But of course, all possibilities are open!

All the best:)
Lasse

eireann said:

It will not be HH Alexandra who is the missing person because she are going to spend her holidays with her mum,dad and Martin.
She is not having Nikolai and Felix this christmas eavning, because they are together with their dad, prince Joachim and the rest of the royal family.

That's got to be sad, to be so far away from your kids on Xmas.

kaffir said:
That's got to be sad, to be so far away from your kids on Xmas.

They are not so far apart and the boys are going to be together with both their parrents at the christmasholidays.

I have a fealing of that both Prince Joachim and Princess Alexandra is mature enough not to spoil the christmas for their 2 boys and their family.

Christmas at Fredensborg

Was Princess Alexandra invited to spend Christmas at Fredensborg this year? In the article from BT (Berlingske Tidende) , I got a feeling she wasn't.

Wow....so Gustav is bring Carina! Funny how everyone is so intent on watching if Kate will attend Sandringham or not...and we might have a wedding right here!

Zonk said:
Wow....so Gustav is bring Carina! Funny how everyone is so intent on watching if Kate will attend Sandringham or not...and we might have a wedding right here!

Could someone clarify for me that Gustav has to marry a princess to keep the title, or has that changed? TIA! :flowers:

janos614 said:
Could someone clarify for me that Gustav has to marry a princess to keep the title, or has that changed? TIA! :flowers:

I've read somewhere (probably a glossy magazine, but I can't remember which) that the issue was that if Gustav is to inherit the title and all that comes with it his future wife have to be of "Arian" race. It was something about an old will, I don't remember the details, I only remember I found it rather outrageous :ohmy:. Not being a lawyer or anything, I wonder how seriously one should take old wills, especially when they are outdated and racist?!? Please, correct me if I'm way off here!

I would love to see some photos of this private christmas celebration!!!It will be lovely to see little Christian with his cousins playing and receiving some presents!

Maybe they will do a photo session during the evening outside Fredenborg

Last edited by a moderator:
Has the danish royal family a tradition, like the swedish royal family have/had, to do a christmas photo session every year with the whole family?

H.M. Margrethe said:
They are not so far apart and the boys are going to be together with both their parrents at the christmasholidays.

I have a fealing of that both Prince Joachim and Princess Alexandra is mature enough not to spoil the christmas for their 2 boys and their family.
OH, I thought here parents were in Hong Kong.

Princess Alexandra's parents have moved to Denmark since their daughter got married to Prince Joachim years back.

This year Mary and Frederick will receive christmas at their home!

biboquinhas said:
This year Mary and Frederick will receive christmas at their home!

Yes but its the 23 they are keeping something in their home. The 24 is spend in the queens home.

And for the first posting i would just say it would be very wierd to invite Alexandra because she is divorsed from Joachim now.

And marry christmas too all of you :flowers:

Did the Danish ever take Family Pictures for Christmas / and will they do one this year?

I remember seeing a Christmas picture when Queen Ingrid was still alive.
But I don't think they do one usually.
But perhaps this time, with so many family members around.

KikkiB said:
I've read somewhere (probably a glossy magazine, but I can't remember which) that the issue was that if Gustav is to inherit the title and all that comes with it his future wife have to be of "Arian" race. It was something about an old will, I don't remember the details, I only remember I found it rather outrageous :ohmy:. Not being a lawyer or anything, I wonder how seriously one should take old wills, especially when they are outdated and racist?!? Please, correct me if I'm way off here!
I couldn't believe it myself and having studied law here in Germany, I'm convinced that, as the will according to the media information already has been contested, the court will rule that this passage is void, as it is against the German basic laws of equality of people which were made especially in view of the former racist laws of the Nazi-time.

In an equal case concerning the house of Hohenzollern-Prussia in 2004 the highest court of Germany (Bundesverfassungsgericht, dealing with the human rights as secured in our constitution) ruled that the previous decision of the Bundesgerichtshof (second highest court) to deny a prince of Prussia his inheritance rights because the Hohenzollern houselaws have stated that he should loose his rights if he married a non-protestant or a commoner or both is wrong. Since then another court has been appointed to deal with this prince's rights but AFAIK there is no ruling yet. But the Bundesverfassungsgericht made it clear that any German citizen has a right to choose his spouse without being threatened by the lost of his inheritance, especially as the line of sucession no longer has meaning in our republic. So I guess the court dealing with the Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg will come to a similar conclusion, as it can't follow a different line of thought once it's established how our constitution has to be interpreted in that case by the Bundesverfassungsgericht.

Another case was the Leiningen-case in 2000, where the Bundesverfassungsgericht accepted the fact that the firstborn son of the 7th. prince lost his inheritance rights because his father did not consent to his marriage, as the house laws requires. The court stated that the father did not react due to racial or social reasons but because he felt that his son's marriage did not help in saving the inheritance for future generations. Thus it was a personal reason which is valid while a generalised reason like social position or race or religion is not.

The strange thing about it is that I couldn't trace that Berleburg-case in sources dealing with law here in Germany - as if it was information that didn't exist in Germany at all. Thus I wonder a bit.

Last edited:
Princess_Beatrix said:
Did the Danish ever take Family Pictures for Christmas / and will they do one this year?
Usually Prince Frederick and his family send a christmas card and Prince Joachim send other with his sons. I think this year we see a family photos.

gaby1985 said:

The picture of Frederik, Mary and christian is adorable, cute little family. Christian has grown since the last time weve seen him. Mary kept it really simple with hair, make up etc, liked the pearl necklace.

The whole family photo was good to see, also good to see all the family together. Hope to see more. The children look like theyre going to have a good time playing with each other:)

It's nice that they decided to make a Christmasshoot like the Norwegian or Belgian Family.
Felix is so cute. He's more interested in his grandmother's dog then in the photograph. :lol:
Btw, what happened to Christian's forehead?

great photoshot! we can see al the royal families this year!!!
christian is so cute!

Yes, what a lovely bunch. Christian is soooo cute!

Those are beautiful pictures of all the family. Christian looks so adorable as well as little Carlos.

What happened with Christian's forehead???

Last edited:
I have been waiting for WEEKS for these cute pictures. I love seeing families together for the holidays. Poor little Prince Christian has a boo-boo on his forehead though! :(

Back
Top Bottom