Danish Royal Family Christmas: 2003, 2004, 2006-2014, 2016-2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Do the extended Royal Danish family spend the whole of the Christmas holidays together, are they together at new years?

As far as I know the Greeks are in Switzerland (Gstaad). There are some pics in the corresponding thread on this board.

Point de Vue

After, I remember it was sita, gave the hint that in Point de Vue are some nice photos of the Christmas celebrations in Fredensborg i bought this magazine for once and hurra! a wonderful closeup of little Carlos (Alexia´s son) is contained.

THANK YOU FOR THE HINT! I normally never buy P.d.V.

So do you think this year Christmas will be in Mary and Frederick's house like last year?And the big question will Marie attend the Christmas celebrations along with all the family? I say yes she will be there!

She should be there shes the Queens Soon to be Daughter in Law

I think she'll be there, since she's now "officially" a part of the family.

Christmas this year will be at Marselisborg Palace, according to Lis M. Frederiksen :flowers: She also said that Nikolai and Felix will be spending Christmas with Alexandra and Martin, but nothing about where Marie will be for the holidays

So Mary and Frederick will not be the hosts this year! Less work for Mary! I think Mary should spend this year, Christmas in Austria with the other part of the family!

Australia!!!!sorry...

Last edited by a moderator:
I remember reading somewhere that Prince Henrik told a newspaper that Marie has been invited to spend Christmas with the Royal Family.

I remember reading somewhere that Prince Henrik told a newspaper that Marie has been invited to spend Christmas with the Royal Family.

Just wondering if Marie's family would also be invited for the holiday celebrations ???

It is going to be nice to see again a family photo and with Marie this time and to see again Isabella - we don't see her for sooooooooo long!!!!!!

Yes, it has just been announced that Marie will spend Christmas at Marselisborg with the family. However, Prince Nikolai and Prince Felix will not be there for they will be spending the holidays with their mother, COuntess Alexandra and Martin.

There has just been TV ads for tomorrows new BilledBladet with a christmas card of Frederik and Mary with the children; Frederik carrying Christian and Mary carrying Isabella who wears a white cap. The picture does not seem to be at BilledBladet online though.

There has just been TV ads for tomorrows new BilledBladet with a christmas card of Frederik and Mary with the children; Frederik carrying Christian and Mary carrying Isabella who wears a white cap. The picture does not seem to be at BilledBladet online though.

When does BilledBladet come out every week? Thursdays or Fridays?

Thanks for the information. I can't wait to see the card and Isabella.

I've seen the card to. It's on front page of Billet Bladet although not online yet. It's a lovely family picture, everybody is smiling but I can't really warm up with the construction site background.
Pic has been taken before Mary got her hair into shape; Fred looks happy and the kids are just adorable!

I've seen the card to. It's on front page of Billet Bladet although not online yet. It's a lovely family picture, everybody is smiling but I can't really warm up with the construction site background.
Pic has been taken before Mary got her hair into shape; Fred looks happy and the kids are just adorable!

Construction site? :neutral:

ETA: Here's the card on the cover of Billed Bladet

Construction site? :neutral:

ETA: Here's the card on the cover of Billed Bladet

Thanks for the link!

To me it looks like a construction site but whatever it is, it's the most ugly background that can possibly be chosen for a Xmas card. The Denmark family looks very nice & happy though.

Awww, Isabella is such a sweetheart! I love the one of her and Christian playing!

Thats such a sweet picture. Isabelle & Christian look adorable. I love the fact they choose to have their picture in black & white.

So this christmas will include Magrethe, Henri, Frederik, Mary, Christian, Isabella, Joachim and Marie ;) That's nice.

Does one one know just where the christmas pictures was taken?

Thanks for the link!

To me it looks like a construction site but whatever it is, it's the most ugly background that can possibly be chosen for a Xmas card. The Denmark family looks very nice & happy though.

It is the roof of their new home, which is being renovated. I agree on it being ugly, but I like the sentiment behind it.

They took the picture at the party they had for the construction workers.

DRWs obtained an interesting Christmas image such as this gem. It's supposedly done by Margrethe and according to their source ties:

The Queen's decorative handiwork. She made this Christmas dog for Nikolai and Felix just over a week ago. It is in the back of Henrik's 4WD with their toys before returning home with them after an outing to Tivoli with the Queen and Prince Henrik.

Also, according to them, the official final schedule goes as follows:

Joachim and Marie are expected on Sunday the 23rd while Mary and Frederik are also expected to arrive on the same day.
As tradition dictates, the DRF will attend a service in Århus Domkirke (cathedral) in the afternoon on Christmas Eve, before returning to Marselisborg and Christmas dinner.
Christmas dinner will consist of rice pudding, roast goose and the traditional English Christmas cake.

Apparently, Queen Margrethe makes her own holiday deocrations, " ''I’ve made Christmas decorations since childhood.
I always try a different setting (on the table) each year. That’s how my mother did it and I have continued that tradition.' ” They also note that the guys will hunt again several days after Christmas while the women eat.

They didn't report if Princess Benedikte, Prince Richard, Prince Gustav, or Carina will be there, but they did say that the Queen and the Prince Consort's friend, Peter Parkov, will be at Marselisborg to celebrate the holidays with the family.

Finally, they have also obtained a better photo of the Crown Prince family Christmas card for 2007. Anyway, so thanks to them.

One more thing, I'm not a fan of the Xmas card. It's very odd, in my opinion.

:)

21 NEW pictures of the CP Couple and their children celebrating Christmas
Berlingske.dk
Lovely!
Isabella has changed a lot since we saw her the last time! :)

21 NEW pictures of the CP Couple and their children celebrating Christmas
Berlingske.dk
Lovely!
Isabella has changed a lot since we saw her the last time! :)

Love the pictures! Isabella has changed, but she's still such a cutie! I was surprised to see that she got the big blue eyes, and her hair's turning light, too. I wonder if she'll be blonde like her brother, or just a light brown like her dad. Christian is so sweet, too, he's my favorite little guy. I just love those chubby cheeks!

Back
Top Bottom