Danish Royal Family Christmas: 2003, 2004, 2006-2014, 2016-2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Danish Royal Family Christmas: 2003, 2004, 2006-2014

I like how lavish the room is yet the table setting is kept really simple. It's also nice to see that its a black tie dinner. Christian sitting up head on the side of the table is really nice. I hope we get a lovely group picture in the next few days.

Just shows the different perspectives on the image I thought it was Prince Henrik Jr or Prince Odysseus Kimon at the top of the table. That certainly appears to be the children's end!

And this from Princess Theodora is just brilliant.
http://instagram.com/p/xCcBJHodhs/

Last edited:
wow just don't agree the twins in the laps of Mary and Fred! specially Fred, driving!!! quite dangerous!
Would love more photos of last night black tie dinner party!!!!

Update on the DRF Christmas: Prinsesse Marie og prins Joachim: Børnene med til julefrokost | Billed Bladet

The family and guests attended service at the palace church today at 10.30, presumably followed by the group photo session.
Then the family gathered at Kancellihuset for the lunch and it appears the whole family was there. The lunch started at 12.30 and lasted some three hours, by then most of the family returned to Fredensborg Palace. (Judging from the photo in the article J&M walked from the palace out past the main guard and past the sentry on front of Kancellihuset.

Nikolai and Felix were seen accompanying Prince Pavlos and his children.

As for Vincent sitting on the lap of Frederik. Yes, it's wrong. However AFAIK Frederik is not breaking any law, as he wasn't driving on a public road or a private road with traffic and I doubt he was going more than 30 km at the very most and the distance is so short the ride would have lasted a minute or so.

Last edited:
A woman who lives in Fredensborg writes on Facebook:

"I was up visiting the castle this afternoon and there I saw Frederik and Mary with the twins, Christian and Isabella and Felix, Nikolaj."

Maybe aunt Mary and uncle Frederik took all the children for a stroll in the park. We woke up to snow across the country this morning.

The group photo we will get. Taken today before the lunch today home at Frederik and Mary.
Julen 2014 - Kongehuset

Last edited:
Thanks, Roskilde.

Can't spot Prince Richard though, so either he didn't attend or went home before the photo was taken.

Can't see Prince Gustav or Carina Axelsson either, so presumably they went together?

Thanks, Roskilde.

Can't spot Prince Richard though, so either he didn't attend or went home before the photo was taken.

Can't see Prince Gustav or Carina Axelsson either, so presumably they went together?

It seems that also Princess Nathalie, Alexander and Konstantin didn't attend.

It seems that also Princess Nathalie, Alexander and Konstantin didn't attend.

It was mentioned previously in the thread that they wouldn't attend as Princess Nathalie is heavily pregnant.

Lovely photo, and the Queen in matching Christmas colours with Henry is cool! but I would have loved to see a family photo from last night all in black tie!!!!!

Love the family photo and that the three families could get together. Henrik and the queen in matching color clothes. Felix and Vincent in same color pants. Athena sitting in between Josephine and isabella cute

Great that Nikolai and Felix were seen with Frederik and family. They seem to enjoy spending time with their uncle and family

How crazy and unreponsible from P. Frederic to drive with Vincent on his knees??!

It would seem Crown Prince Pavlos' family left early this morning. They shared pictures at heathrow getting ready to fly to the Bahamas.

I love the parallels with the times of King Christian IX: in those days, the extended family met regularly at Fredensborg, as many of you know. I love it that Frederik IX's descendants are gathering there now as well and have their Christmas dinner in the same room as where King Christian IX and his family posed for Laurits Tuxen for his famous paining. :)

Wonderful picture of everyone! Question: where is Princess Benedikte's husband?

A very nice family Christmas photo.

Today, Denmark has had the most beautiful weather. Snow on the ground, blue sky, minus 5 degrees but totally clear weather with lot's of sunshine :sun:

And the royals have taken advantage of the good weather.

Margrethe was seen walking with Benedikte around noon. Henrik joined them later.
Non pictures though.

Frederik and Mary were seen going for a walk in the park with Vincent and Josephine early this morning and during the way they tried to built a snowman. On the way home the twins enjoyed the view from their parents shoulders.
Non pictures though.

Mary, Princess Alexia and husband Carlos Morales Quintana, Prince Nikolaos and Princess Tatiana was seen out on a long walk in the park in the beautiful weather. Along for the walk was Ziggy and Nikolaos' dog. Billedbladet writes Mary wished Billedbladet's reporters a "Merry Christmas".
BB noticed a happy Benedikte recieved them in the door when they returned from their stroll.
Picture:http://www.billedbladet.dk/sites/bi...blic/media/article/_hjp4273.jpg?itok=gVxZdKRy
Article: Kronprinsesse Mary gik tur i slotsparken | Billed Bladet

And meanwhile always active Frederik was seen burning the Christmas food's fat calories and took a ride on roller skis in the park. I bet he is training for Vasaloppet 2015.
Picture: http://www.billedbladet.dk/sites/bi...blic/media/article/_hjp4258.jpg?itok=ct9_5vWX
Article: Kronprins Frederik på skitur | Billed Bladet

Last edited:
Den kongelige familie var næsten fuldtallig juleaften: Farmors fede julefest - Royale | www.bt.dk

BT reports that Prince Gustav and as such Carina Axelsson were not present at the Christmas gathering. And even though Prince Richard is not mentioned, I think it's safe to think that he also stayed at home at Berleburg.

- I may be cynical, but I can't help thinking that Prince Richard was childish again and didn't want to go, so Gustav and Carina "volunteered" to stay behind so he wouldn't be alone on Christmas Eve.
If he was ill it would more natural for his wife to stay behind as well.

Den kongelige familie var næsten fuldtallig juleaften: Farmors fede julefest - Royale | www.bt.dk

BT reports that Prince Gustav and as such Carina Axelsson were not present at the Christmas gathering. And even though Prince Richard is not mentioned, I think it's safe to think that he also stayed at home at Berleburg.

- I may be cynical, but I can't help thinking that Prince Richard was childish again and didn't want to go, so Gustav and Carina "volunteered" to stay behind so he wouldn't be alone on Christmas Eve.

Does this happen often? That Prince Richard stayed at home?

How crazy and unreponsible from P. Frederic to drive with Vincent on his knees??!

not that crazy. Mary had josephine on her knees too at the front.
It was a private road/property and the drive was less than 2 minutes judging from the map.

I remember doing the same with my dad when we would go visit family on their private farms. No other car was around and the drive was short but little me felt like "driving" ;)

Today, Denmark has had the most beautiful weather. Snow on the ground, blue sky, minus 5 degrees but totally clear weather with lot's of sunshine :sun:

And the royals have taken advantage of the good weather.

Margrethe was seen walking with Benedikte around noon. Henrik joined them later.
Non pictures though.

Frederik and Mary were seen going for a walk in the park with Vincent and Josephine early this morning and during the way they tried to built a snowman. On the way home the twins enjoyed the view from their parents shoulders.
Non pictures though.

Mary, Princess Alexia and husband Carlos Morales Quintana, Prince Nikolaos and Princess Tatiana was seen out on a long walk in the park in the beautiful weather. Along for the walk was Ziggy and Nikolaos' dog. Billedbladet writes Mary wished Billedbladet's reporters a "Merry Christmas".
BB noticed a happy Benedikte recieved them in the door when they returned from their stroll.
Picture:http://www.billedbladet.dk/sites/bi...blic/media/article/_hjp4273.jpg?itok=gVxZdKRy
Article: Kronprinsesse Mary gik tur i slotsparken | Billed Bladet

And meanwhile always active Frederik was seen burning the Christmas food's fat calories and took a ride on roller skis in the park. I bet he is training for Vasaloppet 2015.
Picture: http://www.billedbladet.dk/sites/bi...blic/media/article/_hjp4258.jpg?itok=ct9_5vWX
Article: Kronprins Frederik på skitur | Billed Bladet

what cute stories.
Nice that the family can spend some time together.
thank you for the stories and pictures.

It seems Mary and Frederik are in "charge" of going for walks. It seems they enjoy it:flowers::flowers:

there is always one in every family. the stubborn ones ;)

The DRF went to see the nutcracker
Dronning Margrethe tog familien med til juleballet | Billed Bladet

Last edited by a moderator:
Does the DRF open their presents on Christmas Eve?

They celebrate Christmas Eve, so yes, they do.

That was in the late afternoon today, 26th. And Vincent was plaguing his dad for trying one of the attractions as we can hear. Josephine is more quiet.

They went to see the ballet The Nutcracker for which QMII has been the scenographer.
The text states the children tried some of the attractions, but the vidoe is not clear about it.
Frederik shook hands with a local popstar, certainly known by Christian and Bella.

It seems like the poor Ulrik Ulriksen has spend his entire Christmas outside Fredensborg or in the heels of the DRF. And knowing his style I think we can expect a very long report from him when BB is out Monday!

As for Prince Richard.
Well, he certainly isn't the easiest man to be around!
There are times when his frankness and direct manners make me smile. There are other times when I want to hit him on the head with a shovel telling him to grow up and stop being so bloody selfish!

Has Queen Margrethe ever painted designs on Christmas ornaments?

Has Queen Margrethe ever painted designs on Christmas ornaments?

Do you mean homemade ornaments? - If so, I'd say that is more than likely.

Or do you mean ornaments for public use? - I believe she once designed charity Christmas stamps but I don't think she's designed anything else for public use.

Another BB report from our faithful reporter, Ulrik Ulriksen, who has been stationed outside Fredensborg this Christmas.
Kronprinsesse Mary var et julehit i Fredensborg | Billed Bladet

The article isn't interesting but there is a pic of Mary waving to the press/locals at the door to Kancellihuset.

And we have a final update from BB: Dronning Margrethe har vinket farvel til de fleste julegæster | Billed Bladet

All the 38 guests at the Christmas celebration have departed, except for King Konstantin and Queen Anne-Marie.

Crown Prince Pavlos and his family were the first to leave, yesterday. (They also brought their dog to Fredensborg BTW. No, it was Nikolaos' dog).

The tree has been taken down as we can see in one of the pics.

The pic of QMII in the golf car must be from the 25th on the way to Kancellihuset and I can see that they went past the photographers and locals who stood there, rather than taking the back route along the garages and shops to the far east of the palace complex..

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom