Danish Royal Family at the Olympic Games 2004, 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If CPss Mary had left for Australia directly from Beijing, then why was it reported in this report originally from Her of Nu that she was flying back to Danmark? Is it usually reported on local danish television news programmes when the DRF return from trips abroad or are photographers staking out the airport to get photos of the DRF returning from abroad?

Her og nu is the least reliable magazine you can read in Denmark - so when something is written in an article of theires my thought alwayes is: I bet that isn't true.

This time they seemed to be right. Mary is back in Denmark. A paparazzia photographer from Billed-Bladet has taken photos of the reunion between Mary and Christian outside Kansellihuset in Fredensborg.

Crown Prince Frederik will remain in Beijing until the 19th, where he shall then travel to Mongolia for an official visit from the 20th to the 22nd.

After this visit, he shall return to China and will remain in Beijing until the 25th.

So when will Mary and her children travel to Australia??? and how long will they stay there???

So when will Mary and her children travel to Australia??? and how long will they stay there???

As Frederik is to join them in Australia after the 25th, I'm assuming Mary and the children are either on their way to Australia now, or will depart Denmark within the coming days.

I thought they went to Austrailia first, and then onto Beijing, which left me wondering where were the kids.

I understand that Copenhagen, Denmark will be the place where the 2016 Olympic Games will be announced in October of 2009. (It's down to Chicago, Rio de Janero, Madrid, Tokyo and someplace else I can't think of.) Might this also coincide with Crown Prince Frederick's "induction"/election into the IOC? What are Denmark's chances of hosting an Olympics? Is the country large enough? Is there enough room for new venues, etc? What is the country better suited for - Summer of Winter Olympic sports?

I thought they went to Austrailia first, and then onto Beijing, which left me wondering where were the kids.

I understand that Copenhagen, Denmark will be the place where the 2016 Olympic Games will be announced in October of 2009. (It's down to Chicago, Rio de Janero, Madrid, Tokyo and someplace else I can't think of.) Might this also coincide with Crown Prince Frederick's "induction"/election into the IOC? What are Denmark's chances of hosting an Olympics? Is the country large enough? Is there enough room for new venues, etc? What is the country better suited for - Summer of Winter Olympic sports?

I definitely wouldn't plan a winter olympics here, given the amount of snow during the winters, the lack of mountains for downhill skiing and the decided lack of arenas for it.

There has been some talk of Copenhagen applying for the summer olympics, after Athens, but there still would need to be a decided amount of arenas put in. And Mayor Ritt Bjerregård commented after Bejing opening that it seems unrealistic for a small country like Denmark to host such large games. TV 2 Nyhederne - Ritt vil ikke have OL i København

I just watched the video of Nathalie and the Danish team receiving their bronze medals. King Constantine presented them with them, and when he gave Nathalie hers, he kissed both her cheeks, then tenderly took her face in his hands. She appeared to have started to cry for moment, but regained her composure quickly. It was very sweet. She seemed so happy and he was just beaming as he presented the mdeals.

I saw the photos of Q Anne Marie. She looked more emotional than P Benedikte was. It was a lovely photo. Are there any of K Constantine?
There were photos a few days ago of the Kin and Queen with P Felipe.
They seem to truly love their nephews and nieces.

Princes' Richard and Gustav did not attend? How odd!

It's something that has been observed not only by the Danish royals, but the English and many other royal houses, also.

They aren't celebrities, they're royalty and their names, their signatures, are a brand and marks of the state.

To give one's name (autograph) just wouldn't be at all appropriate. No one can ever be certain of the motives behind obtaining the signature of someone in such a position as that of the Crown Princess of Denmark or any royal. So all in all, it is to protect the personage and the royal house from disrepute.

The Australian press reported that Mary did sign autographs for the Australian athletes ...

Denmark issues formal protest about Princess Mary | Herald Sun

CP Frederik shall be a guest at P3 studio on August 18th

Hiya Everyone,

According to BB and msn.dk

www.billedbladet.dk

www.msn.dk

" CP Frederik is going to P3's studio in Beijing on Monday, 18th August between 8.00-9.00 a.m(Beijing time)."

www.dr.dk/p3/ Their website has webcam link to the studio and if you download their player you can listen to their radio station online.

Cheers and Enjoy,
Emeralds and Opals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom