Danish Royal Family at the Olympic Games 2004, 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Would have been better if CBC showed them when they were cheering. Not when one was checking his phone and the other was adjusting her dress/bra strap with her face away from the camera. But, lucky they were showed at all!

My thoughts exactly!
Yes, I was surprised first that CBC caught site of Mary and Fred but I was horrified to see that they were not even paying attention and looked like they were absorbed in their own world and not cheering for the Danish team.While other royalties were eagerly waving, cheering for their team (Maxima, Princess Anne) they did not bother to do the same at least at the time the camera showed them.:rolleyes:

Truth be told, I really do not like CBC's coverage of the Olympics AT ALL.

Consider yourself lucky you did not have to depend on NBC. I did not see anything mentioned above..........:eek:

Truth be told, I really do not like CBC's coverage of the Olympics AT ALL.

Consider yourself lucky you did not have to depend on NBC. I did not see anything mentioned above..........:eek:

Some channels are screening online, maybe you could try that?
I know its probably not all relevant to what you want to be watching but on TVNZ here they keep blathering on about having 4 channels coverage with some streamed over the internet.
Just a thought.

Thanks Marmi I will go hunt them down to find them. NBC coverage is a monopoly here since they paid for the rights and unless US athletes compete they do not transmit during prime time.
I was watching ladies soccer this morning at 9am........Brazil won......

I really want to see Denmark compete. Since, my family is originally from Denmark. But, with the way CBC is broadcasting this, I have only seen Denmark compete ONCE. And that was at the 100m butterfly women's semi-final....and Denmark came in 7th.

Anyone know any good stations that stream online where I can actually see Denmark. Or even channels here in Canada.

Would have been better if CBC showed them when they were cheering. Not when one was checking his phone and the other was adjusting her dress/bra strap with her face away from the camera. But, lucky they were showed at all!

In all fairness this was only an unfortunate few seconds when the camera was on them. The camera crew would have had a seating plan for all the officials connected to the teams and as Denmark was only a small contingent they would have had only a few seconds before the next country appeared and they had to pan to that country's officials. So yes lucky they were seen at all:)

:flowers: I love all of these pictures of all of the Royals, thanks so much for sharing Marmi :flowers:

Agreed. If I wasn't interested in royalty, I would have never known that so many of them had arrived to cheer on their teams.

Yep, that is adorable:wub:
They are playing like kids:wub:

LOL

:flowers: I love all of these pictures of all of the Royals, thanks so much for sharing Marmi :flowers:

My pleasure! :flowers:

I am getting confused about what Mary wore where when tho! :confused: :bang: My questions, to anyone who can answer them, are:
- When did Mary wear the blue top?
- What event did she wear the white lace dress to?
And when did these events happen?

Edit: I can answer one question myself, the dress was at the handball I think it was, Denmark vs. Korea

Last edited:
It's about Chinese security being so protective of Frederik's safety that he must give 24 hours notice if he intends to do anything different from what is on his programme. There is no space for spontaneous activities.

The source is the magazine Her & Nu.

Not the most reliable source in the world. But this might be true.

The Chinese authorities regard the American, Israeli and Danish teams to be most at risk when it comes to terroractivities. So I guess the same goes for the official reprecentatives from those countryes.

I'm not entirely sure that it has anything to do with the terrorist activities, but more to do with the Chinese governments need to control every single aspect. Not to get totally off topic, but I don't think that China should have been awarded the games in the first place. It's been a comedy of errors from the get go.

First the pollution, then the Chinese government felt affronted when the American athletes wore breathing masks (when the great majority of their own citizens do the same), then they clean out the city and refuse travel permits to anyone they think might protest anything, then they block access to websites (amnesty international, etc) because they say that those websites are a threat to the National Security, and last but by no means least, they insert one little girl to lip sync a song, because the little girl singing the song was not "cute" enough, and that was supposedly in the nations best interest? And don't even get me started on teh female gymnasts from China. I was a gymnast, and competed on the elite level, similar to the current olympians, although I never went to the olympics, and if those girls are all 16, I am a purple elephant. True. The Chinese gymnasts are small, but generally they even have some curves, and they always have all of their adult teeth, something which one of these girls seems to be missing.

No, I can't believe that it has much at all to do with his security and far more to do with their need to control every aspect of who he might meet, etc.

Last edited:
Not the most reliable source in the world. But this might be true.

The Chinese authorities regard the American, Israeli and Danish teams to be most at risk when it comes to terroractivities. So I guess the same goes for the official reprecentatives from those countryes.

I understand why the Isreali and American teams might be more at risk...but why the Danes? Just wondering...

I understand why the Isreali and American teams might be more at risk...but why the Danes? Just wondering...

Perhaps something to do with the cartoons of the Prophet Mohammed?

Perhaps something to do with the cartoons of the Prophet Mohammed?

According to the danish media, the chinese authoratives gives this as the reason. If it wasn't reality I would think it was a joke - not the chinese judgement - but the fact that such a little cartoon can make such a big furore:lol:.

Anyway so far the danish team hasn't made any major achivements so we might as well pride ourselves of being incredible good at making cartoons:rolleyes:

According to the danish media, the chinese authoraties gives this as the reason. If it wasn't reality I would think it was a joke - not the chinese judgement - but the fact that such a little cartoon can make such a big furore:lol:.

Anyway so far the danish team hasn't made any major achivements so we might as well pride ourselves of being incredible good at making cartoons:rolleyes:

Well, well, did the Danish delegation get any medals? (Still waiting for the Greeks to get something I am getting depressed.............) Is Mary back in Denmark?

I'm not entirely sure that it has anything to do with the terrorist activities, but more to do with the Chinese governments need to control every single aspect. Not to get totally off topic, but I don't think that China should have been awarded the games in the first place. It's been a comedy of errors from the get go.

First the pollution, then the Chinese government felt affronted when the American athletes wore breathing masks (when the great majority of their own citizens do the same), then they clean out the city and refuse travel permits to anyone they think might protest anything, then they block access to websites (amnesty international, etc) because they say that those websites are a threat to the National Security, and last but by no means least, they insert one little girl to lip sync a song, because the little girl singing the song was not "cute" enough, and that was supposedly in the nations best interest? And don't even get me started on teh female gymnasts from China. I was a gymnast, and competed on the elite level, similar to the current olympians, although I never went to the olympics, and if those girls are all 16, I am a purple elephant. True. The Chinese gymnasts are small, but generally they even have some curves, and they always have all of their adult teeth, something which one of these girls seems to be missing.

No, I can't believe that it has much at all to do with his security and far more to do with their need to control every aspect of who he might meet, etc.

Could not agree with you more. I was looking at those little girls and when they said one of them was 16 I thought they were pulling my leg.
What are they afraid of? P Frederick is going to sneak out and meet the opposition???

Last edited by a moderator:
they insert one little girl to lip sync a song, because the little girl singing the song was not "cute" enough, and that was supposedly in the nations best interest?
I couldn't believe it when I read this in todays paper. That poor little girl, not cute enough - shame on them.

Reading this gave me goose-bumps :lol:

(Answering Odettes post) No they are not - and I am feeling pritty much like Prince Hamlet. I do hope the Greek team as well as the Danish team soon are going to show their worth. My hopes are on Princess Natalie:flowers:

I don't know if Mary is back in Denmark. Somehow I think she is going directly to Australia and then the children will follow. It is not a fact but the way I would have done the logistics.

They won't follow in a suitcase:ohmy: but along with their beloved nannies :flowers:

Yep, that is adorable:wub:
They are playing like kids:wub:

LOL

I have loved seeing photos of Frederik and Mary at the games. They look like they are having a romantic getaway.

Yes. I think they are enjoying just being the two of them without any kids around, reliving Sidney and just being part of something that has an enormous interest for both of them - sports:flowers:

(Answering Odettes post) No they are not - and I am feeling pritty much like Prince Hamlet. I do hope the Greek team as well as the Danish team soon are going to show their worth. My hopes are on Princess Natalie:flowers:

I don't know if Mary is back in Denmark. Somehow I think she is going directly to Australia and then the children will follow. It is not a fact but the way I would have done the logistics.

What is Princess Natalie competing at and for which country, Danemark or Germany?
Good luck to both of us!!!!!!!!!!! We want medals......silver golden bronze.....whatever!!!!!!!!!!!:bang:

Oh...she is a member of the danish olympic team and as such competing for Denmark:flowers: She is compeating in dressage - in Hong Kong.

Good luck to both of us!!!!!!!!!!! We want medals......silver golden bronze.....whatever!!!!!!!!!!!:bang:

Yes we need medals - we need them badly:frazzled:

Great videos, Mitchell! In the photo of the magazine cover that is next to the video screen, it says something about Mary and Frederik and the word "romantik". Does anyone know what the article is about (I don't know any Danish, sorry)?

Hiya Lilla,

If CPss Mary had left for Australia directly from Beijing, then why was it reported in this report originally from Her of Nu that she was flying back to Danmark? Is it usually reported on local danish television news programmes when the DRF return from trips abroad or are photographers staking out the airport to get photos of the DRF returning from abroad?

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers and Thank you,
Emeralds and Opals

Hiya Lilla,

If CPss Mary had left for Australia directly from Beijing, then why was it reported in this report originally from Her of Nu that she was flying back to Danmark? Is it usually reported on local danish television news programmes when the DRF return from trips abroad or are photographers staking out the airport to get photos of the DRF returning from abroad?

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers and Thank you,
Emeralds and Opals

There was some debate awhile back as to whether Mary had to return to Denmark to pick up the children before they went to Australia. I think it was concluded that the children did in fact stay in Denmark, but I'm not sure to be honest...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom