Danish New Year Courts: 2004, 2006-2021, 2023, 2024

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The tiara is not hers, it's a loan from the family.
The Ruby Parue belongs to Frederik, it was given to him by his grandmother for his future wife to wear.

I have to correct you lumutqueen.

The tiara that Princesse Marie is wearing is not a loan from the family but a weddinggift from Queen Magrethe and The PrinceConsort..

The tiara that Princesse Marie is wearing is not a loan from the family but a weddinggift from Queen Magrethe and The PrinceConsort..

Is it?
I've always read that it wasn't, it was just on loan.

http://translate.google.com/translate?js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&layout=1&eotf=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Fkongehuset.dk%2Fpublish.php%3Fdogtag%3Dk_dk_aktuelt_bryllup2008&sl=da&tl=en
(10th link down)

Tiara donated by Her Majesty. Her Majesty received the diadem was originally a gift from parents, King Frederik and Queen Ingrid, and it has previously belonged to Princess Dagmar (1890-1961), youngest daughter of King Frederik VIII and Queen Louise.
The royal website still says the Tiara is QM, donated for Marie's use.
Margrethe didn't give the tiara i think because if the divorce it would leave the family.

Congratulations to who guess the recycling of the Queen' coat to a gown and the changement of Mary's rubies parure (earrings + brooch) she wore also the bracelet.

The earrings are the same as they have always been, I believe.
and yes the bracelet.
http://www.ppe-agency.com/preview.php?start=0&id=40859&zoektype=2&search=01-01-2010

Congratulations to who guess the recycling of the Queen' coat to a gown and the changement of Mary's rubies parure (earrings + brooch) she wore also the bracelet.

lumutqueen is correct!
The Danish Monarchy - Current activities - News clearly states the following about Princess Marie's tiara:
The tiara belongs to Her Majesty The Queen.
So Marie's tiara is not hers, but a loan.

I am surprised that Princess Marie has not worn the gorgeous wedding earrings in public again
Miss Marie Cavallier wears a pair of diamond earrings from Genève.
Compared to the wording used for Crown Princess Mary's tiara from The Danish Monarchy - Article
The bride’s tiara is a gift from Her Majesty the Queen and His Royal Highness the Prince Consort.

A special event??? What could be more special that her father-in-law's 75th birthday gala or the annual New Year's Court gala??? Her earrings would be perfect for the New Year's Gala, considering the jewels worn by the Queen and Crown Princess.

Ah well...guess we have to wait for a state banquet I suppose! The Russian State Visit is in April...so we'll see!

For Mary is was wrong, she earrings remained the same, she just split the brooch.
For Marie , I did not see any picture from her necklace that should have been before a brooch in "Juvelrne I de Danske Kongehus of Bjarne Steen Jensen.

For Marie , I did not see any picture from her necklace that should have been before a brooch in "Juvelrne I de Danske Kongehus of Bjarne Steen Jensen.

The sapphire brooch that Princess Marie wears as a pendant is pictured in page. 198 of Bjarne's book. In the photo, it is worn by then Crown Princess Alexandrine. In the book, you can see a sapphire drop hanging from the bottom of the brooch.

You can check out a collage of the brooch created by Tamara in this link:
Royal Jewels of the World Message Board: Re: Same jewel ?

Close-up of Marie's pendant/brooch: http://i337.photobucket.com/albums/n374/royalmb/jan2010/jan01/sapphirebrooch.jpg

For Mary is was wrong, she earrings remained the same, she just split the brooch.

See the discussiion about it at the Royal Jewels MB

The family were at Marselisborg for Christmas, and possible New Year. So I imagine they dressed and were "made-up" there. :)
but i ths is too far!!! like 3 hours driving!!

Perhaps Marie's earrings were on loan for the wedding and had to be returned to Geneva. I had read, though, that her mother had bought them for her. They were spectacular.

I wonder if little Isabella saw her mothr getting dress, must be really cool see your mother dressing like that!!!!!!

I liked CPs Mary's orange gown. I think the color looked good on her. What I especially like was that she chose to wear just one of the parure necklace's pendants on a chain as a necklace instead of the whole thing. I think the whole necklace would have been overwhelming with the rest of the ensemble! I didn't like Ps Marie's gown. I'm sure it would've been better if we could have seen the whole thing, but what we could see made her look, IMHO, pregnant. And the color did nothing for her. I think she was trying for CPs Mary's look from 2009.

I like orange but not on Crownprincess Mary but I do like the style of her dress.

Thanks to Ayvee and Stephan. I saw it now in my danish book.

lumutqueen is correct!
The Danish Monarchy - Current activities - News clearly states the following about Princess Marie's tiara:
So Marie's tiara is not hers, but a loan.

I am surprised that Princess Marie has not worn the gorgeous wedding earrings in public again

Compared to the wording used for Crown Princess Mary's tiara from The Danish Monarchy - Article

Ohhhh i´m so sorry :ermm::ohmy: my falut..I had understud it as it was a gift and not a lone from Queen Margrethe and the Princeconsort..

I'm not sure what it is about Princess Marie...... she always looks (to me) like a deer in headlights. I would have thought that she would be used to appearing in public with her husband by now. Mary looked beautiful in the burnt orange dress. :flowers:

Stejak, thanks for your thread; we alas never see Princess Elisabeth because of the match Mary/Marie.
Princess Elisabeth wanted so much to keep her title of HR The Princess E. and therefore she remains single. Altough she is not that handsome she is very clever and speaks a lot of foreign languages.
The jewels of Queen Alexandrine were split between her two sons. She has wonderful jewelry such as the fringe tiara and a saphire tiara.. But we never see pictures of her or her sisters in law because they are minor royals.

Today, Queen Margrethe, Prince Henrik, Prince Frederik and Princess Mary attend the traditional New Year reception for members of the Diplomatic corps in Denmark , held at Christiansborg Palace

BelgaPicture - Category details

Last edited:
Today, Queen Margrethe, Prince Henrik, Prince Frederik and Princess Mary attend the traditional New Year reception for members of the Diplomatic corps in Denmark , held at Christiansborg Palace

BelgaPicture - Category details

Hmm i think it is a bit of borring dress that CP Mary wearing at the New Year reception for the Diplomatic corps..I know that she is going to attend alot of partyes this year ( CP Victorias Wedding and so on) but the dress i just don´t like it..

It's nice but I wanna ask same thing - why again?

Probably because these outfits function as a sort of female uniform. As you can see, queen Margrethe has resused her blue outfit with the fur lining a lot, and to me it makes sense that Mary will reuse this rather elegant outfit many more times. She probably will only be using it for this one function during the year.

I thought it looked vaguely familiar - like something she wore a couple of years ago. It's recycled then?

Here's the gallery from ppe:

05-01-2010 Amalienborg Princess Mary and Prince Frederik and Queen
Margrethe and Prince Henrik at the New Years reception for the Corps
Diplomatique at Amalienborg in Copenhagen.

** ppe gallery **

The dress is indeed recycled. Mary wore it in 2008 for the same event--New Year's Court for the Diplomatic Corps. The dress is made by Julie Fagerholt of Heartmade.

Btw, I am really glad she recycled this dress. I have always liked it and wished she would wear it again. It is an appropriate dress for the formal New Year's Court.

Picture gallery from Berlingske.
http://www.berlingske.dk/billeder/nytaarskur-diplomatiet

Back
Top Bottom