Danish New Year Courts: 2004, 2006-2021, 2023, 2024

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Will Prince Christian participate in this event in 2024?

At what age did Prince Frederik start participating in this event?

Someone with better access to Danish media might know better, but the earliest I've found is maybe 1988 or 1989? I haven't been able to find anything from most of the 80s New Year's Courts. I think I've found photos from the 1988 and 1989 courts, but with websites closing or locking people out without logins, I've lost access to a lot of the information at this point.

So it's possible he attended in 1987, but I have yet to see photos from it of anyone, so I don't know.

Princess Benedikte in the Fringe Tiara and a gorgeous red dress for the New Year's Court this year

And Prince Joachim, without Marie.

Mary is wearing the Ruby Parure, of course, with the dress from her 50th Birthday Portrait. Frederik looking handsome as always.

And the Queen in the Pearls and the blue gown from her golden jubilee gala dinner.

Last edited by a moderator:

If I don't mistaken, I think he first attended in 1986.

Mary looks absolutely amazing in her Lasse Spangenberg gown and the Ruby parure diadem:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Was hoping Mary would debut a new tiara finally. It's about time she adds one to her collection.

Was hoping Mary would debut a new tiara finally. It's about time she adds one to her collection.

She wore a new one in 2016, so that isn't that long a time ago.

She has already 4 different tiaras and one of them can be worn in 2 versions.

Is it very cold in Denmark? CP Mary’s dress is very beautiful but I know she is freezing. Everyone looks amazing, I can’t for the videos to get online because I can’t watch the livestream.

You know what.....I'm just going to stop posting my opinions and thoughts on things.

Last thing I'll say....glad Mary wore her 50th bday dress finally at an event. She looks beautiful in it and every inch a Queen.

To be fair, she's almost only worn the Ruby Parure to this event. She wore the Ruby Necklace Tiara once. This isn't the event to debut a new tiara (though I was hoping she might get to finally borrow one of the Queen's lesser worn tiaras. I know she's going to, likely, get to wear them as Queen but...I'm spoiled.)

She does have one of the smallest collections of tiaras compared to other ladies of her status, but I just keep in mind that when she becomes Queen, she'll have quite a few more to wear.

You know what.....I'm just going to stop posting my opinions and thoughts on things.

Everybody here has an opinion. That's why we post :flowers:

I think it just might be a case where Mary, despite her humble wedding tiara situation, has been more fortunate than other Crown Princesses and even Queens with her jewel access. Poor Mette Marit only has her Diamond Daisy and occasionally the amethyst tiara, and even Queen Mathilde only wears the Nine Provinces and the Laurel Wreath.

Last thing I'll say....glad Mary wore her 50th bday dress finally at an event. She looks beautiful in it and every inch a Queen.

Don't stop posting your opinions Izzie:)

I don't like my beloved Queen M's look. Mary and Frederick looked very aged to me, and I'm really not a fan of that Lasse Spangenberg dress, it looks great in photos but not so much in movement.

Benedikte delivered though, wonderful as always. Brava!

Is it very cold in Denmark? CP Mary’s dress is very beautiful but I know she is freezing. Everyone looks amazing, I can’t for the videos to get online because I can’t watch the livestream.

No, it's quite warm, around 8 degrees C.
But she's right back from an Australian summer, guess it takes some getting used to. ⛄

- I think we are all entitled to a sober opinion, also those opinions we don't agree with - perhaps especially those we don't agree with, despite how annoying we may find them - otherwise this forum would be pretty dull. ;)

It's the grandest event of the year - signified with the Elephant in a chain, so I think it's only appropriate Mary is wearing the finest she's got.
However, QMII, would it hurt an awful lot if you allowed Mary to use some of your tiaras and what not, just once in a while? After all, one can only wear one set at a time.

And when Princess Isabella and Princess Josephine start to participate in this event, which tiaras can they wear?

I like the tiara Princess Mary wore today. I think Mary almost always wears that tiara at this event.

QMII: The gown is beautiful and so is the pearl poire parure, but we've seen that exact combination only recently, so why again? I know, cost of living crisis, Ukraine,... but still, it's not like she doesn't have any other grand tiara.

CPss Mary: Absolutely love to see that dress again, it's fabulous and she should wear it more often, I know I would. Unfortunately, of 3 tiaras that she has, this one (although superb) is the only one that's grand enough for this occasion. But why doesn't QMII lend Mary one of her tiaras? I know there are jewels reserved for a queen only (perhaps emerald parure and other major Rosenborg Slot jewels, pearl poare, probably floral aigrette, Naasut parure), but what about Baden palmette tiara? Mary would rock it. She needs something a bit less grand then the ruby tiara, but still grand enough. Other queens lend some of their jewels to their daughters(-in-law).

Pss Benedikte - lovely as always.

Has anyone seen countess Susie and count Ingolf? I always love seeing them at royal events.

I don't like my beloved Queen M's look. Mary and Frederick looked very aged to me, and I'm really not a fan of that Lasse Spangenberg dress, it looks great in photos but not so much in movement.

Benedikte delivered though, wonderful as always. Brava!

Maybe they are jet lagged. Maybe they are out of practice in terms of traveling. Mary has traveled many times this year. She has been to 4 other continents.

Mary and Frederick have certainly not traveled a lot THIS year so far. Lol

I'm 97% sure that Ingolf and Susie are not present :(

Last edited:
Mary and Frederick have certainly not traveled a lot THIS year so far. Lol

I'm 97% sure that Ingolf and Susie are not present :(

LOL You are right. Last year, then.

I was hoping to see the Count and Countess. They seem like a lovely couple.

And when Princess Isabella and Princess Josephine start to participate in this event, which tiaras can they wear?

I like the tiara Princess Mary wore today. I think Mary almost always wears that tiara at this event.

I believe Isabella might get an 18th birthday gift tiara. Otherwise, she could borrow her mother's diamond, ruby and spinel necklace tiara.

I was wondering the same, how does he doe it? I mean with no coat?

I really wonder if it is true about Henry being sick, or it is the feud of the fmailly! I mean I can not comprehend how the Grandmother take a decision like this and not to comnicate to them beforehand. I mean even to explain to the grandkids before brake in the news. I will never get it!

I really wonder if it is true about Henry being sick, or it is the feud of the fmailly! I mean I can not comprehend how the Grandmother take a decision like this and not to comnicate to them beforehand. I mean even to explain to the grandkids before brake in the news. I will never get it!

There was ample discussion on the future of the Danish Royal House. Finally in May 2022 the Queen made her intentions clear to her family.

Only in October 2022 it sunk in with the Danish royals living in Paris that the intentions of May 2022 were going to be materalized in four months time.

To be fair: the Queen can not help it that an escargot (snail) at the royal vineyard around her French Château de Caïx is quicker in understanding the process than her junior son. The good man did show up in all his plumed and golden-galonned finery though... He understood his place and duty (and who funds his lifestyle).

The Danish New Year Levée is an absolute feast for the eye and a wonderful tradition.

Last edited:
Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary looking stunning and regal as always and making an impression upon their entrance.

Back to lurking

Back
Top Bottom