Danish New Year Courts: 2004, 2006-2021, 2023, 2024

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It reminds me of something from a fairytale.

Me to. I love this event. I am a citizen of Copenhagen and at this time of year the city is just grey and dark and the light hours during a day are so few.

BUT then comes this event :flowers: - and it is fairytale time once again in Copenhagen :flowers: :flowers:.

Me to. I love this event. I am a citizen of Copenhagen and at this time of year the city is just grey and dark and the light hours during a day are so few.

BUT then comes this event :flowers: - and it is fairytale time once again in Copenhagen :flowers: :flowers:.

I think it´s a shame that it´s only at the 1/1 the tiaras is in use...why can´t they also be in use at the next new years cures ? I meen that ther is also big dress in use at the other course but no tiaras :-(

:previous:i used the google translate site so some words don't translate to english but the gist of the piece is, princess mary must appear perfect in public and she didn't disappoint at the New Years events.:flowers:

Google Translate

Here is everything we have with scintillating Mary of the fine nytårstaffel at the palace.

There are now high expectations on Crown Princess Mary's shoulders when she appears in public, but she is able to honor them every time. It was very much the case the day after New Year's Eve, as it distinguished and tradition-rich nytårstaffel held at Amalienborg.

Users of the IMAGE-LEAVED site has a uhøjtidelig vote chosen Mary as scant win the title ahead of ballets Queen Princess Marie

2010 New Year's Court Events

January 1
HM Queen Margrethe, TRH Prince Henrik, Crown Prince Frederik, Crown Princess Mary, Prince Joachim and Princess Marie attend the New Year's Court and Banquet for members of the Order of the Elephant, the Danish Government and the Royal Court at Christian VII's Palace in Amalienborg at 7pm.

January 5
HM Queen Margrethe, TRH Prince Henrik, Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary attend the New Year's Court for the Judges of the Supreme Court, the Royal Lifeguards and the Hussar Guard Regiment officers at Christian VII's Palace in Amalienborg at 9:50am.
The New Year's Court for the Diplomatic Corps follows at 11am.

January 6
HM Queen Margrethe, TRH Prince Henrik, Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary attend the New Year's Court for the Armed Forces and Emergency Management Agencies Officers, 1st-3rd Class Rankings and representatives of Royal Patronages and National Organisations at Christian VII's Palace in Amalienborg at 9:30am.

http://kongehuset.dk/publish.php?id=22635

One of the few events i truely look forward to. :)
This year should be as good as all others.

January 6
HM Queen Margrethe, TRH Prince Henrik, Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary attend the New Year's Court for the Armed Forces and Emergency Management Agencies Officers, 1st-3rd Class Rankings and representatives of Royal Patronages and National Organisations at Christian VII's Palace in Amalienborg at 9:30am.

This will be the first time that Crown Princess Mary attends the 3rd New Year's Court. Since representatives of Royal Patronages attend this event...I wonder if CP Mary's patronages will now attend this New Year's Court instead of CP Mary holding her own New Year's court for her patronages only.

:previous:

That is what I am guessing will happen Terri, as there is nothing on the calender about Mary holding her own reception and it goes up until the 14th of January.

What about this years celebrations?

New Year's 2010

There's a video here: Nyhederne fra TV - TV 2 Nyhederne

I couldn't find a direct link but if you look at the top right of that webpage, you'll see a link called "Nytårskur og taffel på Amalienborg". There's a video of the royal couples arriving. :flowers:

Henrik is not in his military uniform. :whistling:

:previous: That's sort of unusual, isn't it? I wonder why?

Wow, I really don't like Mary's dress. I'm rarely ever a fan of orange, and it's not a good color on her. I'm not sure about Marie's - it's hard to tell much about it because her little jacket covers so much of the top. The Queen's, however, I love. Great color, and I like the flowers at the bottom.

Does Marie have the Queen's family order?

Not as yet! Of course, CP Mary as the crown princess and future queen received it probably after she was married! While on an official visit to Australia in 2005, an official painting was done of CP Mary by Chinese-born Australian artist Jiawei Shen and you can see the ribbon of the family order on the painting...so I think that CP Mary received the family order in 2004, which would have been worn at the 2005 New Year's Courts if they had not been cancelled because of the Asian tsunami.

We know that Princess Marie did not receive the order last year as she didn't wear any. The former Princess Alexandra received hers 2 years after her marriage. If Queen Margrethe follows the same example, Princess Marie may receive hers this year in celebration of the Queen's 70th birthday...if she hasn't received it already.

P Mary is such a classic "winter" type that she should stick to jeweled tones for her wardrobe. The orange doesn't do her justice. She is still the same beautiful woman, but this wrap around dress seems too convoluted and the wrong color.

P Marie in her flowy soft color looks good, but the dress has unusual openings and separations of fabric where one wouldn't expect them - like the back as well as the center front. Unusual, not particularly attractive.

Her braid down the back should have been enhanced with diamond clips of some sort, like Sissi, or looped into some sort of shape in back. Leaving it plain is not what one would expect for a formal hairdo with a tiara. It looks unfinished. Her face looks wonderful as ever.

The queen never fails to strike the right note. The detail of her dress is at the hem, and rightly so, as she has medals, jewery and decorations on the top. The color is beautiful on her. No wrap arounds or flimsy gauzy look for her. Instead, a regal look. Perfect.

IS the family's order the golden bow with the cross I see in some of the guests?

I just was wondering, all the decorations that the Queen has and Mary plus the jewelery plus the crown, must be haevy to walk with all this, i imagine they practice before!?

I was wondering the same thing about walking around the car.

The queen doesn't, Marie hasn't, yet Mary does walk around the car.

I thought perhaps Marie didn't do so last year because she was expecting a child and direct access to the curb would be easier. Yet this year she didn't walk around the car either. Could it be that there is another baby coming and nobody has mentioned it yet?

The others with direct access to the curb are born royal.

IS the family's order the golden bow with the cross I see in some of the guests?

[DNF] Fotoarchief Denieuwsfoto Amalienborg

You mean this golden bow?
I don't know what it is, it's not Qm silver jubliee medal because Mary doesn't have this. :ermm:

Mary If i remember has always walked around the car, it seems appropriate for her to get out the right side but she doesn't.

Back
Top Bottom