The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Old 01-01-2023, 02:06 PM
Imperial Majesty

Will Prince Christian participate in this event in 2024?

At what age did Prince Frederik start participating in this event?
Old 01-01-2023, 02:21 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blog Real View Post

Someone with better access to Danish media might know better, but the earliest I've found is maybe 1988 or 1989? I haven't been able to find anything from most of the 80s New Year's Courts. I think I've found photos from the 1988 and 1989 courts, but with websites closing or locking people out without logins, I've lost access to a lot of the information at this point.

So it's possible he attended in 1987, but I have yet to see photos from it of anyone, so I don't know.

Princess Benedikte in the Fringe Tiara and a gorgeous red dress for the New Year's Court this year

And Prince Joachim, without Marie.

Mary is wearing the Ruby Parure, of course, with the dress from her 50th Birthday Portrait. Frederik looking handsome as always.

And the Queen in the Pearls and the blue gown from her golden jubilee gala dinner.
Old 01-01-2023, 02:26 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blog Real View Post

If I don't mistaken, I think he first attended in 1986.

Mary looks absolutely amazing in her Lasse Spangenberg gown and the Ruby parure diadem:-)
Old 01-01-2023, 02:52 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GömdNatt View Post

And the Queen in the Pearls and the blue gown from her golden jubilee gala dinner.

A bit boring as itis exact the same combination of gown and Jewels at both Events.

Old 01-01-2023, 02:53 PM
Courtier

Was hoping Mary would debut a new tiara finally. It's about time she adds one to her collection.
Old 01-01-2023, 02:55 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzie View Post
Was hoping Mary would debut a new tiara finally. It's about time she adds one to her collection.
She wore a new one in 2016, so that isn't that long a time ago.
Old 01-01-2023, 02:55 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:

She has already 4 different tiaras and one of them can be worn in 2 versions.

Old 01-01-2023, 02:57 PM
Gentry

Is it very cold in Denmark? CP Mary’s dress is very beautiful but I know she is freezing. Everyone looks amazing, I can’t for the videos to get online because I can’t watch the livestream.
Old 01-01-2023, 02:59 PM
Courtier

You know what.....I'm just going to stop posting my opinions and thoughts on things.

Last thing I'll say....glad Mary wore her 50th bday dress finally at an event. She looks beautiful in it and every inch a Queen.
Old 01-01-2023, 03:08 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
To be fair, she's almost only worn the Ruby Parure to this event. She wore the Ruby Necklace Tiara once. This isn't the event to debut a new tiara (though I was hoping she might get to finally borrow one of the Queen's lesser worn tiaras. I know she's going to, likely, get to wear them as Queen but...I'm spoiled.)

She does have one of the smallest collections of tiaras compared to other ladies of her status, but I just keep in mind that when she becomes Queen, she'll have quite a few more to wear.
Old 01-01-2023, 03:09 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
You know what.....I'm just going to stop posting my opinions and thoughts on things.

Everybody here has an opinion. That's why we post

I think it just might be a case where Mary, despite her humble wedding tiara situation, has been more fortunate than other Crown Princesses and even Queens with her jewel access. Poor Mette Marit only has her Diamond Daisy and occasionally the amethyst tiara, and even Queen Mathilde only wears the Nine Provinces and the Laurel Wreath.
Old 01-01-2023, 03:09 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:

Last thing I'll say....glad Mary wore her 50th bday dress finally at an event. She looks beautiful in it and every inch a Queen.
Don't stop posting your opinions Izzie
Old 01-01-2023, 03:13 PM
Aristocracy

I don't like my beloved Queen M's look. Mary and Frederick looked very aged to me, and I'm really not a fan of that Lasse Spangenberg dress, it looks great in photos but not so much in movement.

Benedikte delivered though, wonderful as always. Brava!
Old 01-01-2023, 03:26 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by lookupdown View Post
Is it very cold in Denmark? CP Mary’s dress is very beautiful but I know she is freezing. Everyone looks amazing, I can’t for the videos to get online because I can’t watch the livestream.
No, it's quite warm, around 8 degrees C.
But she's right back from an Australian summer, guess it takes some getting used to.

- I think we are all entitled to a sober opinion, also those opinions we don't agree with - perhaps especially those we don't agree with, despite how annoying we may find them - otherwise this forum would be pretty dull.

It's the grandest event of the year - signified with the Elephant in a chain, so I think it's only appropriate Mary is wearing the finest she's got.
However, QMII, would it hurt an awful lot if you allowed Mary to use some of your tiaras and what not, just once in a while? After all, one can only wear one set at a time.
Old 01-01-2023, 03:28 PM
Imperial Majesty

And when Princess Isabella and Princess Josephine start to participate in this event, which tiaras can they wear?

I like the tiara Princess Mary wore today. I think Mary almost always wears that tiara at this event.
Old 01-01-2023, 03:34 PM
Gentry

QMII: The gown is beautiful and so is the pearl poire parure, but we've seen that exact combination only recently, so why again? I know, cost of living crisis, Ukraine,... but still, it's not like she doesn't have any other grand tiara.

CPss Mary: Absolutely love to see that dress again, it's fabulous and she should wear it more often, I know I would. Unfortunately, of 3 tiaras that she has, this one (although superb) is the only one that's grand enough for this occasion. But why doesn't QMII lend Mary one of her tiaras? I know there are jewels reserved for a queen only (perhaps emerald parure and other major Rosenborg Slot jewels, pearl poare, probably floral aigrette, Naasut parure), but what about Baden palmette tiara? Mary would rock it. She needs something a bit less grand then the ruby tiara, but still grand enough. Other queens lend some of their jewels to their daughters(-in-law).

Pss Benedikte - lovely as always.

Has anyone seen countess Susie and count Ingolf? I always love seeing them at royal events.
Old 01-01-2023, 03:42 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adda View Post
I don't like my beloved Queen M's look. Mary and Frederick looked very aged to me, and I'm really not a fan of that Lasse Spangenberg dress, it looks great in photos but not so much in movement.

Benedikte delivered though, wonderful as always. Brava!
Maybe they are jet lagged. Maybe they are out of practice in terms of traveling. Mary has traveled many times this year. She has been to 4 other continents.
Old 01-01-2023, 03:47 PM
Aristocracy

Mary and Frederick have certainly not traveled a lot THIS year so far. Lol

I'm 97% sure that Ingolf and Susie are not present :(
Old 01-01-2023, 04:07 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adda View Post
Mary and Frederick have certainly not traveled a lot THIS year so far. Lol

I'm 97% sure that Ingolf and Susie are not present :(
LOL You are right. Last year, then.

I was hoping to see the Count and Countess. They seem like a lovely couple.

Tags
danish new year levee, danish royals