The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #1721  
Old 09-08-2021, 10:05 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: , United States
Posts: 3,006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post
The court has announced that the New Year Courts are back, starting 1st January.
https://www.kongehuset.dk/nyheder/ny...tilbage-i-2022

- So major bling-bling events coming up.
Hooray! Have really missed the bling bling!
Reply With Quote
  #1722  
Old 12-09-2021, 11:11 AM
iceflower's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: , Germany
Posts: 69,166
The Palace announced today, December 9, that all New Year Courts planned for the beginning of 2022 will be cancelled due to the current Corona situation!


** kongehuset: Aflysning af nytårstaffel og nytårskure i 2022 ** translation **
__________________
**** Welcome aboard! ****
Reply With Quote
  #1723  
Old 12-09-2021, 11:17 AM
Muhler's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Eastern Jutland, Denmark
Posts: 15,788
A disappointment but no surprise.
Reply With Quote
  #1724  
Old 12-09-2021, 01:08 PM
Izzie's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Aug 2021
Location: NORTH HOLLYWOOD, United States
Posts: 868
Not surprised after the new restrictions announced yesterday through the end of the year.

https://www.billedbladet.dk/kongelig...se-kaempe-fest
Reply With Quote
  #1725  
Old 12-09-2021, 02:18 PM
principessa's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Schweinfurt, Germany
Posts: 3,689
I guess all the festivities for Margrethes jubilee will also be cancelled.
__________________
I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.
Reply With Quote
  #1726  
Old 12-09-2021, 02:26 PM
An Ard Ri's Avatar
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: An Iarmhí, Ireland
Posts: 36,945
I had a feeling they would be cancelled a pity but not unexpected.
Reply With Quote
  #1727  
Old 01-03-2022, 01:38 PM
Turby's Avatar
Commoner
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Augusta, United States
Posts: 46
So sorry to hear this. Another bright spot in the holiday season eliminated by the current health concerns. Well may next season.
__________________
Georgian
Reply With Quote
  #1728  
Old 09-14-2022, 03:51 AM
eya eya is offline
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: -, Greece
Posts: 24,109
The program for the New Year´s celebrations 2023 (Let's hope this time not cancelled)


https://www.kongehuset.dk/nyheder/ny...-og--kure-2023
__________________
Keep quiet! it makes others more mad! and more desperate!! to delete!!!
Reply With Quote
  #1729  
Old 12-12-2022, 12:16 PM
doro's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Oct 2022
Location: São Paulo, Brazil
Posts: 221
Here the program (translated)

New Year's Eve Banquets and Cures 2023

In 2023, New Year's Eve banquets will be held on January 1 and New Year's Eve celebrations on January 3 and 4.

On Sunday 1 January 2023, HM The Queen will hold a New Year's reception and banquet for the government, the Speaker of the Danish Parliament, representatives of official Denmark and the Court in Christian VII's Palace at Amalienborg, at 20.00.

On Tuesday 3 January, the New Year's reception for Supreme Court judges, the Royal Life Guards and the Guard Hussar Regiment's Officer Corps will not be held in Christian VII's Palace at Amalienborg, at 9.30 a.m. A New Year's reception for the diplomatic corps will be held at Christiansborg Palace at 11.30 a.m.

On Wednesday, January 4, a New Year's reception for officers from the Armed Forces and the Danish Emergency Management Agency, I., II. and III. ranks as well as invited representatives of major national organizations and the royal patronages will be held at Christiansborg Palace at 9.30 a.m.

In connection with the New Year's reception on 4 January 2023, The Queen will be driven in the golden carriage from the Royal Stables Etat escorted by the Guard Hussar Regiment's Horse Squadron from Amalienborg to Christiansborg Palace at 9.10 and from Christiansborg Palace to Amalienborg at 13.30.

The Royal Court has confirmed: The Crown Prince Couple and Prince Couple will attend the New Year's Reception on January 1st
Reply With Quote
  #1730  
Old 12-31-2022, 10:05 AM
Muhler's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Eastern Jutland, Denmark
Posts: 15,788
Princess Marie will not take part in the New Year Court tomorrow.
https://www.bt.dk/royale/prinsesse-m...-nytaarstaffel

The reason being that she is staying at home to look after Henrik who is ill.

Joachim however will take part.
Reply With Quote
  #1731  
Old 12-31-2022, 10:10 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Torrance, United States
Posts: 5,844
Sorry that Henrik is ill but as a mother, I can understand Marie's decision to stay with her son. Looking forward to the glittering NYE Courts photos tomorrow.
Reply With Quote
  #1732  
Old 12-31-2022, 10:30 AM
Archduchess Zelia's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
Posts: 3,257
Aw, that's a bummer – especially as the courts have been cancelled the past two years. But understandable that she wants to stay home with little Henrik.

As someone who watches the courts for the glitz, I have to say, I'd preferred if Joachim had been the parent to stay at home
__________________
"Hope is like the sun. If you only believe it when you see it you'll never make it through the night."
Our Princess

Reply With Quote
  #1733  
Old 12-31-2022, 10:34 AM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Sep 2022
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 122
My thoughts exactly, Joachim should have stayed home with their boy. I'm not a fan of Marie's style, but at the reception held at the City Hall for QMII's jubilee, she absolutely slayed. Can't wait for the bling bling tomorrow.

Happy new year everyone!
Reply With Quote
  #1734  
Old 12-31-2022, 10:34 AM
Izzie's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Aug 2021
Location: NORTH HOLLYWOOD, United States
Posts: 868
Understandable she'd stay home when he's sick. Hope Prince Henrik feels better soon.
Reply With Quote
  #1735  
Old 12-31-2022, 01:42 PM
Gentry
 
Join Date: Sep 2022
Location: Kansas City, United States
Posts: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adda View Post
My thoughts exactly, Joachim should have stayed home with their boy. I'm not a fan of Marie's style, but at the reception held at the City Hall for QMII's jubilee, she absolutely slayed. Can't wait for the bling bling tomorrow.

Happy new year everyone!
I am also not a fan of her style, but I still want to see her jewelry and gown and hair. I hope her son gets well soon. It sucks to get sick after traveling.
Reply With Quote
  #1736  
Old 01-01-2023, 04:15 AM
Muhler's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Eastern Jutland, Denmark
Posts: 15,788
It is of course a most unfortunate time to cancel, but Henrik suffer from severe asthma, so I wouldn't leave him back in Paris either! (Don't know how it is in France, but here flu-cases, but also respiratory illnesses are on the rise.)
But it will also fuel speculations about a open feud in the family - you just see the articles in say Daily Mail tomorrow, not to mention Bunte.

Even though it was wise of QMII to admit openly that there are problems within the family, she carefully avoided pointing a finger at someone and it was not an apology.
Had it been an apology, she could have said something along the lines of people make mistakes, she too.

Which to me suggests that she believes that at least her decision was correct.

Anyway, IMO it's only natural that Joachim shows up at the New Year Court.
Two reasons:
A: This is people wishing the DRF a happy New Year and strictly speaking Joachim outranks our Marie in this context. (Remember PH's tantrum years ago, when Frederik took over addressing the guests.)
And perhaps more importantly, he will hopefully have a good talk with his mother - and I hope his brother as well. So that this mess can be resolved a little. Because surely they do talk when together this time! Otherwise there is truly a major family crisis going on.

So I'm going to listen very carefully to what the DRF members have to say about this the next time they are asked. If one side says they have not been discussing this, then it's bad. No matter how we interpret it and no matter from whose angle we view this.
Reply With Quote
  #1737  
Old 01-01-2023, 07:31 AM
eya eya is offline
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: -, Greece
Posts: 24,109
The first Fanemarch of the year has taken place at Amalienborg

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cm3uUoTL2n5/?hl=el
__________________
Keep quiet! it makes others more mad! and more desperate!! to delete!!!
Reply With Quote
  #1738  
Old 01-01-2023, 12:21 PM
Muhler's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Eastern Jutland, Denmark
Posts: 15,788
https://www.dr.dk/drtv/kanal/dr1_20875

It's now 17:10 in DK as this is posted.
From 18:45 until 20:00 the arrival of the royals and the guests will be covered live on DR1 - the link above.

The DRF should start to arrive around 19:30.

If you listen to the tune in the clip Eya kindly posted above, it's time to pay attention! Because that's the Colour March and also being a salute it's played by fifers and drums whenever a royal arrive.

Let's go through the ceremony again.
The royals will arrive in reverse order of precedence.
With Joachim and/or Benedikte first. - Perhaps they'll arrive together.
Then M&F and finally QMII.

Having walked inside they will greet the Chief of Court and Master of Ceremonies and whoever is in charge.
Then Joachim, later Frederik and eventually QMII will receive the report from the commander of the honor guard and inspect the honor guard.
- If Frederik was forced to stay at home due to flu, Mary would and could inspect the honor guard as she does hold a military rank, captain in the Army Home Guard. In any case she's the Crown Princess, she would outrank everybody else in the building until QMII arrives.

We won't see this, we have never seen this on TV: After having greeted the guests who will have moved on into the dining room, the DRF members will also walk in, again in reversed order of rank, but in the door the ladies will curtsy to the guests, that includes Mary and QMII - I don't know if the men will bow or nod - as a mark of respect for the democracy. The guests very much being from the government and Parliament.
That happens only once a year.

ADDED:

If you cannot watch the link above, try BB and BT, as well as the videos that will eventually be posted on TV2.
Reply With Quote
  #1739  
Old 01-01-2023, 01:17 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Kristianstad, Sweden
Posts: 1,015
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post
We won't see this, we have never seen this on TV: After having greeted the guests who will have moved on into the dining room, the DRF members will also walk in, again in reversed order of rank, but in the door the ladies will curtsy to the guests, that includes Mary and QMII - I don't know if the men will bow or nod - as a mark of respect for the democracy. The guests very much being from the government and Parliament.
And that is a tradition started by Queen Ingrid, that she brought from Sweden. At the annual opening of the Riksdag the Royal ladies did curtsy to the chamber(s) of the parliament and the Corps diplomatique.
Reply With Quote
  #1740  
Old 01-01-2023, 01:51 PM
GömdNatt's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Cincinnati, United States
Posts: 1,266
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post
https://www.dr.dk/drtv/kanal/dr1_20875

It's now 17:10 in DK as this is posted.
From 18:45 until 20:00 the arrival of the royals and the guests will be covered live on DR1 - the link above.

The DRF should start to arrive around 19:30.

If you listen to the tune in the clip Eya kindly posted above, it's time to pay attention! Because that's the Colour March and also being a salute it's played by fifers and drums whenever a royal arrive.

Let's go through the ceremony again.
The royals will arrive in reverse order of precedence.
With Joachim and/or Benedikte first. - Perhaps they'll arrive together.
Then M&F and finally QMII.

Having walked inside they will greet the Chief of Court and Master of Ceremonies and whoever is in charge.
Then Joachim, later Frederik and eventually QMII will receive the report from the commander of the honor guard and inspect the honor guard.
- If Frederik was forced to stay at home due to flu, Mary would and could inspect the honor guard as she does hold a military rank, captain in the Army Home Guard. In any case she's the Crown Princess, she would outrank everybody else in the building until QMII arrives.

We won't see this, we have never seen this on TV: After having greeted the guests who will have moved on into the dining room, the DRF members will also walk in, again in reversed order of rank, but in the door the ladies will curtsy to the guests, that includes Mary and QMII - I don't know if the men will bow or nod - as a mark of respect for the democracy. The guests very much being from the government and Parliament.
That happens only once a year.

ADDED:

If you cannot watch the link above, try BB and BT, as well as the videos that will eventually be posted on TV2.
Thank you, as ever!

I like that we have the camera inside the palace again. I enjoy seeing more than just everyone arriving outside.
__________________
My facebook fan page: https://www.facebook.com/SignyCullen
Author of fiction novel Farther Side of Away, and non-fiction book about royalty If You're a Princess, Where's Your Crown?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
danish new year levee, danish royals


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
King Carl XVI Gustaf's Golden Jubilee Year 2023 LadyFinn King Carl XVI Gustaf and Queen Silvia 46 Today 12:21 PM
Danish New Year's dress? BurberryBrit Royal Style File 14 06-16-2007 04:46 PM




Popular Tags
abdullah ii america arcadie arcadie claret austria british british royal family caribbean caroline charles iii claret congo current events danish royal family death duarte pio duchess of kent edward vii elizabeth ii emperor naruhito espana genealogy general news grace kelly grimaldi hamdan bin ahmed harry history identifying india introduction jewels jordan royal family king king charles king philippe king willem-alexander louis mountbatten matrilineal monaco monarchy mountbatten need help official visit order of precedence portugal prince christian princess of orange queen queen alexandra queen camilla queen elizabeth queen ena of spain queen margrethe ii queen mathilde queen maxima queen victoria republics restoration royal initials silk spain spanish history spanish royal family state visit switzerland tiaras visit william wine glass


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:31 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2023
Jelsoft Enterprises