The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #721  
Old 01-03-2011, 10:27 AM
Duke of Marmalade's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Posts: 14,178
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benedikte View Post
I feel pity with the prince consort Henrik.

In some way he is too concerned with titels.

Besides his grey area nobility, he also wanted to change his titel from prince to prince consort some years ago.

It is difficult for me to understand.
I think he even wanted to be called "King consort" (he does have a point because his female counterparts' title is "Queen consort") and he did a primadonna when his son Frederik was appointed host during one of the New Year acts when his mother was absent. He went to Caix and his wife finally had to go and persuade him to come back
Reply With Quote
  #722  
Old 01-03-2011, 10:35 AM
auntie's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Middlesex, United Kingdom
Posts: 1,523
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benedikte View Post
I can assure you that the danish press would be all over him if there was any indication as his brother Joachim

Kongehuset
I didn't say he was hungover or anything else, I just pointed out that his eyes were red. Could be Isabella kept him up with an upset tummy...
Reply With Quote
  #723  
Old 01-03-2011, 10:35 AM
Sternchen's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: xxx, Germany
Posts: 1,281
Well, Benedikte is right that the press would definetly mention it, if Fred would have a problem with drinking or anything even remotely in the direction

Quote:
Originally Posted by auntie View Post
I didn't say he was hungover or anything else, I just pointed out that his eyes were red. Could be Isabella kept him up with an upset tummy...
You didn't but others said it
Reply With Quote
  #724  
Old 01-03-2011, 10:46 AM
Benedikte's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
Posts: 233
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
I think he even wanted to be called "King consort" (he does have a point because his female counterparts' title is "Queen consort") and he did a primadonna when his son Frederik was appointed host during one of the New Year acts when his mother was absent. He went to Caix and his wife finally had to go and persuade him to come back
I think he really has a need to be acknowledged.

And I think Denmark in time would have respected him if he just didn't get the temper tantrums.

The one where he told the press that he was nr. 2 and not nr. 3 was a big temper tantrum.

But also in the 11 hour documentary I think QMII looks worried on several occasions that he wil be angry.
Reply With Quote
  #725  
Old 01-03-2011, 12:00 PM
ashelen's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: maidstone, United Kingdom
Posts: 3,224
I wonder if his is a photoshop of one funny photographer?
__________________
Ashelen
Reply With Quote
  #726  
Old 01-03-2011, 12:12 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: , United States
Posts: 3,006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aotearoagal View Post
Sorry to be blunt, but I don't think it is going to help Fred to deny that he turns up to occasions looking drunk or even stoned. His eyes are red here - and if that's the result of too much drinking, rather than getting stoned - that doesn't make it OK. It's an abuse of a privileged position not to take it seriously enough to NOT overindulge ahead of an event like this. Remember, this is Frederik AT WORK. If you or I turned up at work looking like this, there would be hell to pay.

It should be not just noticed, but discussed. I think Mary has in many ways been a real saviour for Fred - but if he's still looking trashed at an event six years into his marriage and with two more kids on the way, there's something seriously wrong with his attitude. I say: grow up and face reality, Crown Prince Frederik!
Accusations like this shouldn't be posted as fact. Where are you getting the information to support any of this?
Reply With Quote
  #727  
Old 01-03-2011, 02:58 PM
Duke of Marmalade's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Posts: 14,178
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmily View Post
Accusations like this shouldn't be posted as fact. Where are you getting the information to support any of this?
I do agree, Emmily BUT: Its a fact that - for whatever reason - Frederik has been looking ill/worn out/exhausted/unhealthy for a while now. The time period is too long to explain his bad looks with a cold or two demanding kids at home, there are lots of pictures out there for people to see that something is not right, what it is I dont know and I dont want to speculate.

The fact that the media is not picking up on the topic is not unusual. Just because they were all over Joachim doesnt mean they will be all over the heir as well. Even in Britain the tabloids kept quiet about what many insiders knew for years, in this case the failure of Prince Charles' marriage. Sometimes they have their reasons to keep quiet.
Reply With Quote
  #728  
Old 01-03-2011, 03:03 PM
Muhler's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Eastern Jutland, Denmark
Posts: 15,788
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
I do agree, Emmily BUT: Its a fact that - for whatever reason - Frederik has been looking ill/worn out/exhausted/unhealthy for a while now. The time period is too long to explain his bad looks with a cold or two demanding kids at home, there are lots of pictures out there for people to see that something is not right, what it is I dont know and I dont want to speculate.

The fact that the media is not picking up on the topic is not unusual. Just because they were all over Joachim doesnt mean they will be all over the heir as well. Even in Britain the tabloids kept quiet about what many insiders knew for years, in this case the failure of Prince Charles' marriage. Sometimes they have their reasons to keep quiet.
I do not believe for one second that Frederik is drinking as has been hinted.
I don't believe he is ill either.

My personal guess is that he occasionally has problems with insomnia. And, like me, has learned that while that's no big deal when you are in your 20's and 30's, once you are past 40, you really need your sleep.
And Frederik doesn't strike me as a person, who is particularly willing to use sleeping pills.
Reply With Quote
  #729  
Old 01-03-2011, 03:09 PM
Duke of Marmalade's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Posts: 14,178
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post
I do not believe for one second that Frederik is drinking as has been hinted.
I don't believe he is ill either.

My personal guess is that he occasionally has problems with insomnia. And, like me, has learned that while that's no big deal when you are in your 20 and 30's, but once you are past 40, you really need your sleep.
it may well be the case, muhler. but something is not right, thats for sure.
Reply With Quote
  #730  
Old 01-03-2011, 03:17 PM
mrsbugman's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Austin, United States
Posts: 218
I don't know anything about Fredrick. But flashbulbs sometimes can make your eyes red. The Queen has beautiful jewelry. I also thought that Marie look very nice.
Reply With Quote
  #731  
Old 01-03-2011, 04:36 PM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 2,082
Quote:
My personal guess is that he occasionally has problems with insomnia. And, like me, has learned that while that's no big deal when you are in your 20's and 30's, once you are past 40, you really need your sleep.
Ha, it's funny how we all bring our own experiences to these things... I've thought for some time now that Frederik has allergies, because I have them myself and know the look that Frederik has sometimes very well. I never had them until a couple years ago but now I'm sure if people were taking pictures of me as often as they do Frederik they'd see the same red, swollen eyes and overall congested look. Anti histamines help but often make me feel loopy so sometimes there's not much to be done except deal with it.
But who can tell, maybe I'm actually a closet alcoholic!!
Reply With Quote
  #732  
Old 01-03-2011, 04:59 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: turin, Italy
Posts: 147
well, as for frederik looking terrible, worn out, exausted... in these pics i, personally speaking, can't see anything of this.
i see a very fit (look at his uniform, it is extremely difficult to wear since it has so many buttons and well, none of them is stretching!) fortysomething with red eyes. also his position might have smth to do with it: if you pay due attention, you'll see he's looking at the camera sideways, and his left eye appears quite red in the corner nearer the nose, where almost everybody's eyes are very red.
as for the papers being more cautious with the heir, i don't think so. a juicy piece of gossip about frederik is bound to have much more effects than any story about joachim. to sell much more copies. why not even a witty remark about the chance of too many toasts to new year? judging from my personal experience in italy, the higher the target the better, and no piece of news, however comprmising, left out out of good hearth (which means, the papers being silent abou frederik's problems bc they are worried about him? forget it!)
and there's also the question of frederik's overall physical appearence. he has not got the drunkhard tummy, for sure.
insomnia might be a good guess, or more likely a disodered pattern of sleeping.
i think that with the bear he looks grungier, which some people might translate as worn out.
Reply With Quote
  #733  
Old 01-03-2011, 05:12 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 242
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmily View Post
Accusations like this shouldn't be posted as fact. Where are you getting the information to support any of this?
I said in an earlier post that of course it's conjecture. It doesn't do Frederik any service to gag discussion. If he has no drinking problem and no personal problems well that's a good thing! But the photos often contradict that assertion, and there are only so many excuses for turning up at work with red eyes and too much of an "extra merry" demeanor. What Fred does in his private time is of course his business (and his family's).
Reply With Quote
  #734  
Old 01-03-2011, 05:22 PM
Sternchen's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: xxx, Germany
Posts: 1,281
He has no chance to defend himself against your accusations. Unless you have prove for what you claim, you should keep it to yourself, as there is no basis for a proper discussion only what you want to see in a photo. Only your opinion with which most seem to disagree.
Reply With Quote
  #735  
Old 01-03-2011, 06:47 PM
FasterB's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
Posts: 1,442
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade
The time period is too long to explain his bad looks with a cold
No, we've had winter in Denmark since the 23rd November 2010 ans personally I've had the cold since ultimo November, so it could very well just be the cold.
__________________
Where charity and love are, God is there.

Candidata Theologiae / Master in Theology
Reply With Quote
  #736  
Old 01-03-2011, 06:49 PM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 2,082
Quote:
It doesn't do Frederik any service to gag discussion. If he has no drinking problem and no personal problems well that's a good thing! But the photos often contradict that assertion, and there are only so many excuses for turning up at work with red eyes and too much of an "extra merry" demeanor. What Fred does in his private time is of course his business (and his family's).
It doesn't do Frederik any service to start a rumor about something as serious and harmful as a drinking and/or drug problem without a shred of evidence. If you're going to make what is, after all, a very serious accusation, then you should have serious evidence, not just conjecture, to back up your claim.
Reply With Quote
  #737  
Old 01-03-2011, 06:55 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 242
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sternchen View Post
He has no chance to defend himself against your accusations. Unless you have prove for what you claim, you should keep it to yourself, as there is no basis for a proper discussion only what you want to see in a photo. Only your opinion with which most seem to disagree.
Of course he does! There's nothing stopping him from posting to this forum!

Camelot your allergy theory is interesting - that could well explain his red eyes.


http://6.t.cdn.belga.be/picture:2452...?v=12d03620665
Reply With Quote
  #738  
Old 01-04-2011, 02:18 AM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Omaha, United States
Posts: 1,864
Cool

Looking at the picture of Frederik, only one eye is slightly red and the other is perfectly fine. A bit of redness can be from fatigue or usually if it's only one eye, it's usually from someone rubbing the eye because grit or an eyelash or something has gotten into the eye or it may have itched. No cause for concern.
The unfortunate result of making statements such as one believes Prince Frederik appears to have been drinking is that many times journalists peruse these forums and MB's and at times will use what they have read when writing articles on the Royals or it comes up on other Royal forums. That's a problem with making statements without any proof.
Anyway, back to the subject, the Queen looked magnificent as always. Margrethe knows how to dress to impress! Marie looked wonderful. This is one of the Danish Royal events I look forward to and it's a glamorous way to start the New Year.
Reply With Quote
  #739  
Old 01-04-2011, 02:59 AM
dazzling's Avatar
Moderator Emeritus
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: -, France
Posts: 22,971
Let's get back on topic & stop speculating why Frederik is looking so tired.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #740  
Old 01-04-2011, 05:52 AM
monic's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: -, Poland
Posts: 1,733
Purepeople gallery

En l'absence de la princesse Mary, sur le point d'accoucher de jumeaux, c'est Marie de Danemark qui
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
danish new year levee, danish royals


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
King Carl XVI Gustaf's Golden Jubilee Year 2023 LadyFinn King Carl XVI Gustaf and Queen Silvia 46 Today 12:21 PM
Danish New Year's dress? BurberryBrit Royal Style File 14 06-16-2007 04:46 PM




Popular Tags
abdullah ii africa albert prince consort all tags arcadie arcadie claret austria caribbean caroline charles iii claret current events danish royal family death denmark duarte pio duchess of kent edward vii emperor naruhito empress masako espana garsenda genealogy general news grace kelly grimaldi hamdan bin ahmed harry history identifying india introduction king charles king philippe king willem-alexander leopold ier louis mountbatten matrilineal monaco monarchy mountbatten official visit order of precedence portugal prince albert monaco prince christian princess of orange queen queen alexandra queen camilla queen elizabeth queen ena of spain queen margrethe ii queen mathilde queen maxima queen victoria republics restoration royal initials royal wedding silk spanish history spanish royal family state visit switzerland tiaras visit william wine glass woven


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:30 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2023
Jelsoft Enterprises