Danish New Year Courts: 2004, 2006-2021, 2023, 2024

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks for sharing all the pic`s, Mary looks just fantastic:)

A walk down memory lane: https://picasaweb.google.com/100865900034584557354/MargretheMaryOgMarieINytarskjoler

A gallery with dresses worn by QMII, Mary and our Marie at the New Year Courts.

ADDED:

http://www.bt.dk/royale/her-maa-henrik-skubbe-til-agent
Well, M&F being late (Lene Balleby from the court doesn't know why) wasn't the only slight mishap at this years court.
One of the PET officers were blocking the way for Prince Henrik.
QMII got out of the car closest to the entrance. And there an appropriately dressed PET officer kept a vigilant eyes on people nearby.
Alas, PET officers are not equipped with eyes in the back of the head, so he hadn't noticed Prince Henrik, who stepped out of the car on the other side and was walking around the car.
Now, the distance between the PET officer and the car wasn't big enough for someone of Prince Henrik's stature.... I mean status, so PH gently pushed the officer aside.
Not that it made the officer flinch for a second or even look back, he was still focused on the media and onlookers.

Last edited:
Out of curiosity.
Are the New year Courts with Mary in full regalia covered in the Australian papers/magazines?

Out of curiosity.
Are the New year Courts with Mary in full regalia covered in the Australian papers/magazines?

Not really. Some of the tabloid magazines may do a brief mention and photograph, but there wasn't any mention online, or TV nightly news. It's not regarded as news here.

Muhler said:
Out of curiosity.

No but I'm hoping for something in our weekly mags. I would much rather see the Danish royals than more photos of Liz Hurley and Shane Warne !!!!

:previous:
Thanks, CrownPrincessJava & Lady74 :flowers:

Australia's Womans Day and New Idea womens magazines will be out again Monday 9th and they usually have photos of Fred and Mary and sometimes include the Queen at the New Year banquet. The story won't be much. Not worth reading.

did this event also take place whenduring king frederik and queen ingrid time

Very Professional Royals and Crown Princes. The Queen wore her great uniform Gala dress like the other years , the Princes kept their white gloves. Monarchs of Scandinavia are doing from these reception on a brilliant way, comparing with the same Reception in my Country.

Here's the interior of the gala room:

Thanks for the photo, is this the main table, how many they were? and how many people were there that night?

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the pics :flowers:

As some of you have already pointed out, Prince Henrik lost his elephant, which is hanging from the sash. Frederik picked it up, but as there was no time to attach the elephant again, he handed it over to Master of Ceremonies, Christian Eugen Olsen.

The elephants are pretty valuable!
They are made from solid gold and covered with a layer of white enemal. The eyes and other features on the animal are diamonds.

Last edited:
Thank you Muhler, I thought so that it was from Henrik, but it is in ppe agency theymention it was from frederik, but he has his on his own sush, as it is very heavy probably it is easy to come off,! I can not imagine how much it cost all the elephant order complete ! how many of them exist you know? I saw in one site that you can buy the order of dannebog but prety expensive too, I guess people who had it had to sell it becasue they needed the money it would be a sad thing to do once you get it to have to sell it!

Doesn't the order have to be returned to the Crown on the death of the recipient?

I did watch the video again and you could see Henriks was swinging like crazy before it fell off, whereas the other three elephants( on Mary, Frederick and the Queen) looked nice and still and secure.
Also, Frederick looks completely tired and uninterested. Hope its just winter blues!!!

Last edited:
It does indeed!

Viv

I can add that a few have been lost over the years.

The order in the possession of Nicolae Ceauşescu is among those that have been lost.
I believe that there are more than 40 orders around, some of them very old.
All the adult members of the DRF have one and I guess the next to recieve one will be Nikolai. Probably on his eigthteenth birthday.

Thanks for the links. The New Year events are always interesting for so many different reasons, love the tradition, the men in their uniforms and the beautiful ladies in their gowns and jewels.

Muhler, can you please help with a couple of questions?

At what age would Christian start attending the New Year events?
Would he attend all events from the beginning?
Also Isabella at what age would she start attending? I guess she would only attend the first event.
Nikolai, would it be expected that he attend the New Year events?

Thanks

Thanks for the links. The New Year events are always interesting for so many different reasons, love the tradition, the men in their uniforms and the beautiful ladies in their gowns and jewels.

Muhler, can you please help with a couple of questions?

At what age would Christian start attending the New Year events?
Would he attend all events from the beginning?
Also Isabella at what age would she start attending? I guess she would only attend the first event.
Nikolai, would it be expected that he attend the New Year events?

Thanks

I shall try. :)

If we assume that M&F have become the regent couple by the time Christian turn eighteen, he will attend the same courts as M&F do now, in their capacity as the CP-couple. Christian will be crown prince by then.
Provided that M&F maintain the current tradition, and why shouldn't they?

I presume that Isabella will start to attend the courts at eighteen as well. And just like Nikolai she will attend the court on the 1st January. - So Bella will be the belle of the ball in, what is it? Fourteen years from now?

Last edited:
Muhler, once again thanks for your quick response and for always being so kind and helpful

Looking foward to the day we see Isabella in her first tiara, although not wishing she grow up so quickly.

In 20 years time the numbers of royals attending the New Year event could be triple the number that attended this year.

Is the Queen wearing the same outfit she wore yesterday? This is very strange to me, has she done this before?

I dont want to start any rumours but in most of the pictures today and yesterday (and looking back not only there) Frederik looks like he is severely depressed or about to cry.

If the mods think this should be deleted or discussed elsewhere, feel free but its so obvious when looking at the pictures, it makes me think whether he has some serious personal problems going on, especially at those constitutional functions his expression is all over "get me out of here".

Back
Top Bottom