Danish New Year Courts: 2004, 2006-2021, 2023, 2024

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
At least Mary is hardly likely to miss more New Year Courts from being pregnant. Surely four is enough....
I wouldn't bet on it;)t...after all...we would never had guessed that Frederik and Mary would have twins! They really shocked us last year with that announcement!!!!!:D They have proven that surprises can always happen!:whistling::lol:

So are there any photos of the NYE gala, 2012, namely Mary's gown...or am I too early with the time difference and all ;)

And yes, I sort of believe they could have one more child, Mary will be 40 soon and she could get pregnant this year and have another baby by the end of the year? Who knows?

Not yet! It is still only 3am in the morning in Copenhagen. The first event is not until 7pm tonight ( Copenhagen time) so we have to wait till tomorrow morning, AnnaNotherThing.

For some reason I have always though the New Years Gala was a NYE event, as in the 31st December for them to have a formal seeing in of the year...but I guess they would have a private NYE with family and friends, a sleep in, breakfast at lunch time, heaps of beroccas and start the costume drama to be ready for 7pm ;)

cant wait to see the it, specially maryher dress! hope they had a great familly nye!

I'm also anxiously awaiting the wonderful photos from tonights NY event!

I wonder what time pics will start to come in for gala tonight? Anyone know?

The gala started a few minutes ago, so I think we will have some pictures soon.

Wasn't it a recycling with changes for CPss Mary? :):):)

Last edited:
Wasn't it a recycling with chances for CPss Mary? :):):)

Yes! If I'm not wrong is the same velvet dress that Mary wore at 2007 New Year's Court, when she was pregnant with Isabella. Of course it was modified :)

I am not sure becaue the otherone had a cut under her breat and this one the cut is i her weist, the sae fabric though, beautiful, ust ot be very cold there , o coats, capes or dfur toight for Mary!

i Love her hair with part of the tiara in the back of the heair?

Last edited by a moderator:
I am not sure becaue the otherone had a cut under her breat and this one the cut is i her weist, the sae fabric though, beautiful, ust ot be very cold there , o coats, capes or dfur toight for Mary!
Actually, it´s not that cold here in Copenhagen for this time of the year. I went outside today wearing no jacket and still didn´t freeze :flowers:

A video from TV2: VIDEO: Her ankommer de kongelige til taffel - TV 2 Nyhederne

For whatever reason M&F arrived after the Regent Couple, so they must have been delayed by something.
Joachim arrived without Marie. He is wearing the gala uniform of a lieutenant colonel in the army.

Prince Henrik is wearing the uniform of a full general in the army and Frederik is (as usual) wearing the gala uniform of a commodore in the navy. (I,e, the last step before admiral).

yes, me too and i didnt know know she had spare pieces!!!! it looks lovely!!!!!! i want more details photos, anything else out there!!!!

For whatever reason M&F arrived after the Regent Couple, so they must have been delayed by something.
My mother is convinced that one or both of the twins just got sick all over CPss Mary´s dress :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Since that is unrealistic then we thought that it might be Prince Christian and Princess Isabella haning around their parents and wouldn´t let go of their legs :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Here's another gallery with nice large pics:

** b.dk: Dronningens nytaarskur **

And a gallery from gettyimages/zimbio with the funny caption

"Queen Mary Of Denmark Hosts New Year's Day Banquet", maybe they'll notice and change it that later ;)

** gettyimages/zimbio gallery **

Last edited:
Two high resolution pictures from BT: Kronprinsparret kiksede med rækkefølgen - Royale - BT.dk

You know the drill by now: click: "se stort billede", then click full screen.

The article itself is about M&F showing up late, but there is no explanation as to why.

I notice Mary is wearing an order with a portrait of QMII on her left shoulder. Can't remember which one though.

-------

Billed Bladet also has a small gallery: http://www.billedbladet.dk/Kongelige/ArticleFolder/2012/1/Nytaarskur billeder.aspx
I noticed they have turned up the saturation in the pictures. Presumably to counter the effect of flashlights and it's great for enjoying the colors of dresses and uniforms - but somewaht unfortunate when it comes to nicotine stained teeth....

Last edited:
The ladies look lovely as always. I just think it is a pity we don't get to see the banquet room bathed in Candlelight. It must be truly romantic glistening with all the gilt around the room. If someone has a pic could they please share it with us.

No surprise; Mary looked stunning. And they were minus Princess Marie, so no competition from her although I think Mary would have still been a tough act to beat!

Thank you Sasco very much for the pic. Just as I thought the room looks lovely bathed in candlelight even with the chandeliers. It is a very beautiful room. Many thanks. Tarlita

Back
Top Bottom