The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #1701  
Old 01-03-2020, 10:56 AM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: xxx, Finland
Posts: 953
Quote:
Originally Posted by maria-olivia View Post
I wonder is the ballet of Bows and Curtseys will continue when Frederick will be King.
Why would they not continue when Frederik will be King...?
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #1702  
Old 01-03-2020, 11:07 AM
maria-olivia's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Brussels, Belgium
Posts: 5,877
For the Belgiian State Visit in Denmark no one of our Ministers ot others who were with the King and the Queen did not now bow deeply.
In my country this is over !
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #1703  
Old 01-03-2020, 11:52 AM
Muhler's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Eastern Jutland, Denmark
Posts: 13,034
Quote:
Originally Posted by maria-olivia View Post
For the Belgiian State Visit in Denmark no one of our Ministers ot others who were with the King and the Queen did not now bow deeply.
In my country this is over !
What a pity.
Reply With Quote
  #1704  
Old 01-03-2020, 12:08 PM
eya eya is offline
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: -, Greece
Posts: 17,788
A video from today


__________________
Deja vu and the 2020!!!
Reply With Quote
  #1705  
Old 01-03-2020, 12:17 PM
ashelen's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: maidstone, United Kingdom
Posts: 3,096
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
The Queen today in a very big fur coat. But probabbly because of the carriage ride. Don't think there is heating in the carriage.
I always wonder how is the heating inside the palaces, so big rooms with such a high ceilings very difficult and expensive to heat up! and All the ladies always in this beautiful gowns , that they do not look warm at all.
__________________
Ashelen
Reply With Quote
  #1706  
Old 01-03-2020, 12:32 PM
Duc_et_Pair's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: City, Netherlands
Posts: 9,941
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashelen View Post
I always wonder how is the heating inside the palaces, so big rooms with such a high ceilings very difficult and expensive to heat up! and All the ladies always in this beautiful gowns , that they do not look warm at all.
Depends on who pays for the heating: the State or the Queen herself, on the state of the residence (Frederik's mansion has been totally renovated and will have a good climate plan) and on the general use of the venue: is it a "daily working venue" (warm) or more a museal destination with occasional royal use (less warm) ?
Reply With Quote
  #1707  
Old 01-03-2020, 12:36 PM
Stefan's Avatar
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Esslingen, Germany
Posts: 4,837
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
Depends on who pays for the heating: the State or the Queen herself, on the state of the residence (Frederik's mansion has been totally renovated and will have a good climate plan) and on the general use of the venue: is it a "daily working venue" (warm) or more a museal destination with occasional royal use (less warm) ?

Both the receptions roloms at Christiansborg and Christian VII., Palace at Amalienborg whre this recptions take place are not Palaces where people live. But the rooms at Christiansborg are huge so probably much more difficult to heat up for a few hours.
__________________
Stefan



Reply With Quote
  #1708  
Old 01-03-2020, 01:03 PM
Duc_et_Pair's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: City, Netherlands
Posts: 9,941
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
Both the receptions roloms at Christiansborg and Christian VII., Palace at Amalienborg whre this recptions take place are not Palaces where people live. But the rooms at Christiansborg are huge so probably much more difficult to heat up for a few hours.
Before the renovation of the Royal Palace in Amsterdam the Household made use of those compressor-heaters, placed on the inner courtyards with big hoses into the windows to blaze hot air and warm the huge Citizens' Hall in winter: the palace's own heating system from the 1960's was too excessive in fuel consumption and not effective enough. Since the extensive renovation in the 2010's there is a better and more economic heating plan. I think we can say for all palaces: the more modern the climate system, the less a problem to heat. I think today the Queen was especially dressed for the carriage ride.
Reply With Quote
  #1709  
Old 01-03-2020, 01:51 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: xxx, Finland
Posts: 953
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
But the rooms at Christiansborg are huge so probably much more difficult to heat up for a few hours.
There are visitors touring the royal reception rooms at Christiansborg (almost) daily. Surely the temperature inside must be adequate even during winter?
Reply With Quote
  #1710  
Old 01-03-2020, 08:56 PM
Majesty
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: san diego, United States
Posts: 8,662
Lovely 3rd day.
The horses and carriage very majestic.
Frederik and Mary a huge support for the Queen.
__________________

Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
danish new year levee, danish royals


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Popular Tags
administrator aristocracy belgian royal belgian royal family chittagong crown prince hussein's future wife crusades current events cypher danish royalty denmark duchess of cambridge duchess of sussex duke of sussex dutch royal family dutch royals family search french royalty future future wife of prince hussein germany haakon vii hill history house of bernadotte house of grimaldi israel jerusalem jumma kent king philippe lithuania lithuanian palaces mailing mbs meghan markle monaco royal monarchy mountbatten netflix nobel prize norway history official visit pakistan popularity prince charles prince daniel prince harry princely family of monaco princess benedikte pronunciation qe2 queen mathilde queen maud queen paola rania of jordan romanov family rown spanish royal state visit state visit to denmark sweden swedish history thailand tracts trump united kingdom unsubscribe valois visit from sweden


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:28 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2020
Jelsoft Enterprises
×