Counts Ingolf (b. 1940) and Christian (1942-2013) of Rosenborg and Families

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Afaik a Swedish noblewoman looses her title when marrying a commoner but can start using it again if divorced. Is that also the case in Denmark? Is the daughter of a count a countess in her own right or is komtesse an official title?

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app
A count´s daughter is not a countess in her own rights. She will loose her title when marrying a commoner. I haven´t heard that she can start using it again if divorced. It must be like "once a Mrs., never Miss again".

Komtesse is an official title in Denmark. The Regent Couple´s girlgrandchildren are all "Komtesse af Monpezat" and for the boys it´s "Greve (Count) af Monpezat".

Last edited:
In her Interview Camilla spoke about her life , her parents and the royal family.

Could Mr Muhler or Mrs Roskilde or somebody else looking for this interview and tell us what it is about. Grateful thanks.

I thougt that one of the girls should be invited in name of the late Count Christian and would wear her mother's sapphire tiara.

Last edited by a moderator:
In her Interview Camilla spoke about her life , her parents and the royal family.

Could Mr Muhler or Mrs Roskilde or somebody else looking for this interview and tell us what it is about. Grateful thanks.

Do you have a link to the interview? I can give it a look today :)

The interview is a lot about the age difference and that it does matter. Their marriage has it´s ups and downs and Camilla don´t believes the pretty images that people creates on Facebook. Sometimes Mikael lives in the other end of their 500 kvm. big house, but they always eat together, since it´s Camilla who do the cooking.

Then she moves on to talk about the loss of her parents and the failure from near friends between the two fatalities. But she excuses them with that perhaps it´s people´s own fear of death that withhold them from contacting her right after her parent´s deaths.
She then tells about how the three of them (her twinsister and their little sister) emptied Sorgenfri Castle. They laughed, they cried, they shared childhood memories and theey managed to finish July 31th 2014, where Camilla handed over the keys (to the court, I guess...?) and that she cried when she did it. But then she felt calm and started going out and see friends again. She hadn´t had the surplus to do it before. She used all of her energy to survive and on her new business.

At the end of the interview she reflects over how the deaths of her parents have changed her. She concludes that now she don´t have to prove anything more, now she´s the oldest and if her and Mikael someday divorce it will be due to the age difference.

Thanks a lot FasterB;
I think the Queen allowed Princess Elisabeth to live at Sorgenfri.

You´re welcome, maria-olivia :)

Yes, Pss Elisabeth will move (has moved?) in at Sorgenfri Castle :)

Se billedet: Grev Ingolf besøgte generalforsamling i Dansk Folkeparti

This is interesting.

On 31st March the local chapter of the party Danish People's Party held a general assembly in the town of Kolding.
As a nationalist party the Danish People's Party compete with the Conservatives about upholding and guarding nationalist symbols. That means supporting the local division of the Denmark Society, which was formed in 1908 and aim at upholding national and cultural traditions and symbols. They were to have a new colour and since that event was hosted by the Danish People's Party their local chairman asked Count Ingolf and asked if he would inaugurate the colour and he accepted. Countess Sussie was naturally also invited.
Perhaps not surprisingly because it's usually Count Ingolf and Countess Sussie who inaugurate colours for the society. And the society is very strong in Southern Jutland, the area south of Kolding being part of Germany for some 60 years after the Second Schleswigan War.

Gunnar Nielsen the local chairman explains: "I send them a nice letter right after New year and asked politely whether they would attend. And I was actually taken aback that they said yes. But they are very active in the local life".
Count Ingolf lives in south-eastern Jutland.

Q: What did you write?
GN: "It was I believe something about Your Excellencies, but apart from that they are very down to earth and very nice".

That even extended members of the DRF go anywhere near a political meeting is very rare and as such Count Ingolf's presence must be considered something of a coup!

Gunnar Nielsen is indeed anything but sad: "I have never heard about them attending at other parties before either. But they were here about half an hour. We sang a song and then the event started. Count Ingolf struck in the first nail of the colour, the local chairman of the Danmark Society the next nail and as chairman (for the hosting party) and celebrating my 19th anniversary was allowed to strike in the third nail. Then Count Ingolf gave the speech. There are after all very particular rituals that must be adhered to".

Q: How about Countess Sussie?
GN: "She was I believe driver. We received her nicely and had bought flowers for her. But she seemed more to tag along".

After the ceremony was over, Count InGolf and Countess Sussie left and then the general assembly of the Danish People's Party formally started.

BT has asked a Sebastian Olden-Jørgensen from Copenhagen University: "It's balancing act, but Count Ingolf is parked so far out in the system with title as count that he has more freedom to maneuver. Had it been Prince Joachim, then he would have had to watch out. But we are out at a local level and then a participation in such an event is also a signal that it is so far away that you do as you like".

Count Ingolf has in his usual informal way declined to comment.

- Well, this will of course be noticed, even if it doesn't involve the core members of the DRF and even if Count Ingolf was not present at the party-event.
However, Danish People's Party is very strong in that part of the country and does not have the stigma there than in the inner cities of Copenhagen and Aarhus and indeed the distance from the inner cities of Copenhagen and Aarhus to many parts of the country, not least Southern Jutland is very, very long! And increasing.
The Danish People's Party is now the second largest party in DK, with some 20 % of the voters and even though it is often labelled as a far right party, they are really right-wing social democrats with a nationalist and xenophobic streak.
The Conservative, who can trace their origins to the first political parties at the first democratic constitution of 1849, is now on the brink of being voted out of the Parliament and they may not survive the next general election.

Congratulations to Camilla and Ivan!

In Denmark for a second wedding , it is white again ?.
Rosenborg tiara, well done !

Countess Alexandra of Frederiksborg also wore white and a veil for her second wedding to Martin Jorgensen.

Congratulations to the newlyweds :flowers:

Last edited:
Last edited by a moderator:
Camilla & Josephine are non-identical twins, aren't they?

:previous:

They are twins, yes. On several photos I've seen they look pretty similar. I don't know whether it is known whether they are identical or fraternal twins, but I know that even identical twins can differ, for example due to a varying position and a varying supply in the maternal body..

Congratulations to the couple - Countess Camilla's dress is very beautiful.
I don't follow the Rosenborg side of the DRF much so I didn't realise that Camilla's oldest children were already adults.

Were any other members of the DRF present?

The sapphire tiara owned by the Rosenborgs has been sold at a Bruun & Rasmussen action today.

https://jyllands-posten.dk/kultur/ECE11043103/kongeligt-arvesmykke-solgt-for-to-millioner-kroner/

The tiara which has caused considerable interest, was sold in a few minutes for two million DKK.
The buyer is as yet unknown.
It has been speculated that a Russian buyer might buy the tiara.

The value of the stones has been estimated at around 1.3 million DKK.

The other items will be put up for auction in about two weeks.

To convert use this rough guide.
6 DKK = 1$.
8 DKK = £.
7.5 DKK = 1 €.

Please feel free to repost or use this at other relevant threads or sites.

Last edited:
I paid 1,00 DKK to follow the Auction on live.
It was Mr jespers Bruun Rasmussen himseif who was "the commissaire priseur" for the royal items. I thought they would have more then 2.000.000 DKK.
Such a lot great Russian items , a lot unsold because their estimation price was to important. How do the Danes have such a lot of russian items from before 1915.
Too me they belonged to Queen Alexandrine too.
Grand Duchess Anastasie Ester Egg was sold 30.000DK

I paid 1,00 DKK to follow the Auction on live.
It was Mr jespers Bruun Rasmussen himseif who was "the commissaire priseur" for the royal items. I thought they would have more then 2.000.000 DKK.
Such a lot great Russian items , a lot unsold because their estimation price was to important. How do the Danes have such a lot of russian items from before 1915.
Too me they belonged to Queen Alexandrine too.
Grand Duchess Anastasie Ester Egg was sold 30.000DK

From Tsarina Dagmar marrying into the Russian Imperial Family, and after the Revolution she must have brought quite a few items with her when she lived here in DK.

From Tsarina Dagmar marrying into the Russian Imperial Family, and after the Revolution she must have brought quite a few items with her when she lived here in DK.
Also don't forget that Queen Alexandrine's mother was Russian
Princess Elisabeth was supposedly the owner of many Russian made artifacts that was used as gifts from the Romanovs to their relatives. One example of this is the small Fabergé Easter eggs that many royals, for instance Queen Sofia of Spain, made into necklaces.

Last edited:

I recently read that Dagmar brought a chest with her jewels to Denmark which she kept locked up, not even her daughters got something from it. Then, when she was close to dying, she sent the chest via diplomate bag to London, to be given to her daughters after her death. Some days after she died, her nephew and host, Denmark's king inquired about the jewels, because he had spent a lot of money on his aunt. Alas, they were already in the UK and soon Xenia and her sister shared them, with Xenia getting the most of them. She sold them and most went to Queen Mary. Maybe Olga sold her share in Denmark as she stayed there and bought a dairy farm close to Copenhagen?

Back
Top Bottom