Countess Alexandra's False Pregnancy Rumours: March to June 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
she don't is older, and she is starting a new life with a new man, i think if this is true is perfect

betina said:
You cant say its typical danish just because you have experienced it. Most ppl i know still get married and have kids after.
I have the exact opposite experience; almost all of my friends, family - and myself - have a long-term relationship, get 1, 2 or 3 kids + a house AND a busybody of an accountant who keep harping about the unfortunate consequences of having kids + property and no marriage certificate if accidents should happen.
And THEN we all got married :)

LadyK said:
Although it is true that women over thirty-five who have babies are at a higher risk for birth defects, such as Down's Syndrome, as long as Alexandra is healthy, which she seems to be, and takes all the proper precautions, she, and any baby of hers, should be just fine.
Shouldn't be surprised if statistics would show that it is actually safer to be born by an 'older' mum - because of the focus on the mother's age and all the precautions that are automatically taken. I think I've heard that most of the children with Down's syndrome born today are born by younger mothers where tests are not automatically taken.

Oh I think it's wonderful news and I wish both the countess and her baby good health and happiness! There are more risks involved in pregnancy the older you are but she's in such great shape which is a huge mark in her favor. I don't know if they planned it or not and as far as her being pregnant at her own wedding who gives a monkey's?

I am ecstatic for her!

I think she has to be pregnant...the engagement and wedding seemed very hasty and Alexandra and Martin probably wanted to do the honourable thing...I think her daughter will be born in November 2007 ;)

So, does this rumor have any legitimacy or its just speculation to justify why a title, well off woman would marry a man 1/2 her age with little income to speak off?

Lamyah said:
So, does this rumor have any legitimacy or its just speculation to justify why a title, well off woman would marry a man 1/2 her age with little income to speak off?

Maybe because she loves him?

how old is her husband Martin ???

H.M. Margrethe said:
She is 42 and are going to turn 43 in a coupel of months...Frankly i think she is to olde to have a 3. child..just do the math..when the child is 10 Alexandra will be 52-53 and when the child is 20 Alexandra will be 62-63 is that fair to the child or Alexandra think of it pleas...
I gues that when i make that kinde of statemend i am going to bashed inher :neutral:

My mother was the same age as Alexander when she had me. She just turned 61 (and trust me she looks 55) this past weekend and I'm going to be 21 in 2 months. And aside from back surgery in 2005 she is in excellent health. So I don't see how u can say its not fair to the child. Alexandra looks as though she is in good health and takes good care of herself. I mean yea
after 35 the pregancies are considered to be high risk but I'm sure if she's careful and follows her doctors orders everything will be fine with her.

Princess Mary is 35 and about to have her second child. When Christian is 20 Mary will be 53. And when her second child (hoping its a girl) is 20 Mary will be 55.

Zonk said:
Maybe because she loves him?

I hope you're right.

O/T ... does anybody have a clue as to why it fell apart with Joachim? Like, which side first felt incompatible? It must have fallen apart before Frederick and Mary married, that much is clear to me.

There is nothing wrong having a baby at the age of 42, I had my daughter at the age of 41 and I am happy as can be. Congratulations to both of them.

My boss' wife had her first child at age of 44 and the second last year at age of 48. You cannot call people in their 40s old. Alexandra is far from being old and she still can have children.

At age 43, no matter how beautiful, healthy, or titled the mother is, there is a 1 in 3 chance of early miscarriage and about a 1 in 40 chance of Down's syndrome.
If she is pregnant, I wish her all the luck in the world.

If she's expecting, then my heartfelt and warmest congrats! I hope she have a safe and smooth delivery.

She's no longer part of the royal family, she's a private citizen and she can do as she pleases. We shld be happy for her!

Jane1 said:
At age 43, no matter how beautiful, healthy, or titled the mother is, there is a 1 in 3 chance of early miscarriage and about a 1 in 40 chance of Down's syndrome.
If she is pregnant, I wish her all the luck in the world.

Princess Caroline of Hannover had her 4th child in her 42s and half and little Alexandra is a wonderful healthy girl.
The risk is higher if you have your first child late. but for Alexandra it would be her 3rd, so the risk is lower.
As regards Down syndrom, very reliable tests exist, you can be checked in the 4th month, its a situation under control. And Down could also arrive when woman is on her 35s, so at which age you should stop having children?

I wish Alexandra all the best, she is a very class lady.
And I wish for Felix ands Nikolai, a "little princess"

I thought they might be proud parents before 2007 was over! ;) If Princess Caroline can do it and not raise a ruckus, then so can Countess Alexandra. Royalty are usually held up to higher standards than the rest of the population. I hope it's a girl (and I wish the title was hereditary, similar to the Duchess of Alba in Spain).

UserDane said:
I think I've heard that most of the children with Down's syndrome born today are born by younger mothers where tests are not automatically taken.

According to my genetics professor,
women older than 40 have 1% risk to give birth to a baby with Down's Syndrome.
But 70% of the Down's Syndrome babys were born by mothers younger than 35 or 30. (I can't remember exactly, but anyway younger mothers.)

RubyPrincess168 said:
I and I wish the title was hereditary, similar to the Duchess of Alba in Spain).

The title "Countess of Frederikborg" is personal to Alexandra. It is not hereditary.

Heike said:
According to my genetics professor,
women older than 40 have 1% risk to give birth to a baby with Down's Syndrome.
But 70% of the Down's Syndrome babys were born by mothers younger than 35 or 30. (I can't remember exactly, but anyway younger mothers.)

It seems logical, because younger mothers are less careful to these kind of risks and they make pretest less.

do we know for sure that she is pregnant

sm1939 said:
do we know for sure that she is pregnant

No we don´t know for shure that she is pregnant..as far as i se it..this is only a stupid rumor from Se og Hør witch is a tabloid magazine.

H.M. Margrethe said:
No we don´t know for shure that she is pregnant..as far as i se it..this is only a stupid rumor from Se og Hør witch is a tabloid magazine.

thanks for that , I thought with everyone dicussing it , it was fact . :ROFLMAO:

If she is that's great and wish her the best:flowers: I see no problem with her having a baby in her 40's many women do.

If she is, then congratulations and I hope she has a little girl!

Didn't they invite their guests 4-6 months in advance? If so, then it can't be a ''shotgun wedding''.

Great news! If it is true:Congratulations to Alexandra and her husband!
I hope she will have a save pregnancy and a healthy baby! :)

Gloriana said:
Didn't they invite their guests 4-6 months in advance? If so, then it can't be a ''shotgun wedding''.

Yup, I'm sure I read that somewhere too, the wedding was already planned, if she got pregnant like a month, two or three before her wedding (we don't know for sure she is pregnant), the wedding date has nothing to do with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom