Costs, Income, Fortune and Expenditures of the Danish Royal Family

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So Mary be Margrethe receive about the same amount. The solution for Christian makes sense.

So Mary be Margrethe receive about the same amount. The solution for Christian makes sense.
Sorry?
QMII gets a higher senior-apanage (can't resist) in order for the amount to fit the "salary", she got when she was a monarch. What in the article is known as "rammebeløb" = frame-amount = amount at disposal.

Sorry?
QMII gets a higher senior-apanage (can't resist) in order for the amount to fit the "salary", she got when she was a monarch. What in the article is known as "rammebeløb" = frame-amount = amount at disposal.
Mary receives 10% of 122 million, which is 12.2 million and Margrethe gets 12 million. In my book that is about the same amount. Technically, Mary receives slightly more (via Frederik).

Okay, I see.
Yeah, but I guess QMII will have a little more for herself than Queen Mary, who after all share a household and benefit from that.

Okay, I see.
Yeah, but I guess QMII will have a little more for herself than Queen Mary, who after all share a household and benefit from that.
I would say the opposite. While Mary's formal allowance is 12.2 million, the other 90% of that allowance (109.8 million) is Frederik's (unofficially including 4 million for Christian), so I'd say that given that Frederik and Mary share a household, she will have access to more than just her official share, so, in practice she'll have more at her disposal than her mother-in-law; which makes sense given their different roles.

So Fred gets more than his mother did by my calculation.

QMII - DKK 91,200,000 / €12,229,635 a year
KF. - DKK 122,900,000 / €16,480,507 a year

Even when they drop the DKK 4,000,000 Fred will still be getting much more than his mother.

The solution for Christian is a good solution, I really don't think they could have faced down giving him a full allowance right now.

I'm a little surprised Daisy didn't get a bit more to keep her own household, I thought Fred got about DKK 20,000,000 so she is getting much less? I guess that shows she doesn't expect to be doing many duties going forward.

(On a side not - noticed Joachim wasn't mentioned in the article. Is that because he is the one person whose allowance doesn't need to change?)

So Fred gets more than his mother did by my calculation.

QMII - DKK 91,200,000 / €12,229,635 a year
KF. - DKK 122,900,000 / €16,480,507 a year

Even when they drop the DKK 4,000,000 Fred will still be getting much more than his mother.
Should it not be compared to what Queen Margrethe got when Prince Henrik was still alive and an active member of the Royal Family?

Did it work like that? I got the impression the Queen got the same amount and in that sense Henrik's allowance made no difference he just didn't get 10% of Margrethe's? Either way it seems deliberate that the allowance has gone up as the government seemed to suggest the Court needed more money.

Is the sum adjustable to inflation or will it stay at this level?

Back
Top Bottom