Avatars, Fan-Art and Videos for Danish Royal Family

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:previous:you are wonderful :flowers:
Frederik looks great. lol;)

I dont think we will ever see him in a kilt though

Haven't seen this before now, you're good Muhler :D

I still think we at some point will see Frederik in a kilt, and if not at least Christian and Vincent when they get older.

You think so?
Perhaps you are right.
Wouldn't children of Mary automatically become members of the Donaldson clan? (not well versed in the Scottish clans) And then Christian and Vincent will be entitled to wear a kilt?

Thank you, Muhler - our curiousity has been satisfied. I like the first one better than the second.

New Years 2015

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 1,559
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 1,568
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 1,554
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 1,554
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 1,548
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 1,555
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 1,567
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 1,555
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 1,546
  • 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 1,519
  • 13.jpg
    13.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 1,517
  • 14.jpg
    14.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 1,525
  • 17.jpg
    17.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 1,539
  • M4.jpg
    M4.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 1,535
  • M2.jpg
    M2.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 1,526
  • M7.jpg
    M7.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 1,512
Last edited:
New official pictures of the Crown Prince Couple 2015 :flowers:

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 1,377
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 1,369
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 1,381
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 1,384
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 1,363
  • M1.jpg
    M1.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 1,380
  • M4.jpg
    M4.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 1,366
  • M6.jpg
    M6.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 1,360
Crown Prince Frederik & family photoshoot in Verbier, Switzerland on February 8, 2015

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 1,275
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 1,267
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 1,262
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 1,261
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 1,266
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 1,267
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 1,259
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 1,258
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 1,275
  • 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 1,261
  • M6.jpg
    M6.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 1,263
  • M10.jpg
    M10.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 1,265
  • M5.jpg
    M5.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 1,262
  • M8.jpg
    M8.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 1,261
State visit from The Netherlands March 17 - 19, 2015

Attachments

• D9.jpg
    D9.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 973
  • D13.jpg
    D13.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 968
  • D8.jpg
    D8.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 974
  • D2.jpg
    D2.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 960
  • Dd4.jpg
    Dd4.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 967
  • dd7.jpg
    dd7.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 957
  • dd3.jpg
    dd3.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 963
  • dd1.jpg
    dd1.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 970
  • dd8.jpg
    dd8.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 971
  • dd9.jpg
    dd9.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 974
  • dd10.jpg
    dd10.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 970
  • dd11.jpg
    dd11.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 962
  • dd12.jpg
    dd12.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 955
  • dd13.jpg
    dd13.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 959
  • dd14.jpg
    dd14.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 966
  • dd15.jpg
    dd15.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 963
  • dd16.jpg
    dd16.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 965
  • dd18.jpg
    dd18.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 962
  • mm19.jpg
    mm19.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 962
  • mm20.jpg
    mm20.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 953
  • mm21.jpg
    mm21.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 969
Did not know where to put this, so please if this is not the right place, Mods please move. Nice video of Danish Royal Weddings including from Ingrid/Frederik IX to Joachim/Alexandra.

Prince Frederik and Prince Joachim as children at Marselisborg Palace:

Did not know where to put this...but here is a fun video of Frederik and Joachim (looking like babies) training for their free-fall wings (I think that is what it is). Too bad it does not have English sub-titles.

An fun and interesting video

Did not know where to put this...but here is a fun video of Frederik and Joachim (looking like babies) training for their free-fall wings (I think that is what it is). Too bad it does not have English sub-titles.

Thank you, Izzie, for posting. How young they look.

An interesting video. It answers a couple of questions.

It is so much a late 80's video! And man, they look young!

The Danish jumpschool is at the army special forces at Air Station Aalborg, and people from all the branches of the military go there to go through first static line jumps, earning the blue jumpwings. Followed, some times, by the the free fall course ending up in the red jumpwings.
By the time this video starts both Joachim and Frederik have earned the blue wings - but I remember clearly that Joachim did not acquire the the red wings until several years later. Here we learn why.

Joachim broke his toe during one of the jumps he had to perform in order to win the red wings.
The reason being that he pulled the cord a couple of seconds too late and as such his emergency chute deployed automatically at a certain height, hence why we see him with both chutes open. However, we can hear one of the instructors explaining that Joachim handled the situation by the book. He released his main chute and landed with the emergency chute. But that comes down faster and hardly steerable at all, so he landed hard and broke a toe.

This was shown on the news at the time, including QMII's reaction. Wasn't she worried. her response was that if you have two sons you can either die of fright or be cool about it. She opted to be cool about it. Including when they jump out of aeroplanes.

The one who took part in instructing Frederik and indeed filmed him during his first free fall jump is a household name here in DK: B.S. Christiansen, better known as BS. (Yes, we are well aware of the connotations, but they are not used in connection with this gentleman.)
BS who was in the army special forces (Jægerorpset) retired as a the equivalent to the sergeant major in Jægerkorpset. Before that he was the senior NCO in NATO. Being directly attached to the then commander in chief of the NATO forces in Europe, General Wesley Clarke.
Before that in 1978 IIRC, BS, with another Dane, completed the Ranger School in USA, finishing as number 3. The other Dane, Carsten Mørch, finished as number 1 that year.
Some 20 years later both of them returned to the Ranger School and the commandant was a bit blase about it. Some foreigners who went through the school way back. But he must have studied their papers, because his whole demeanor changed and he almost stood to attention for the rest of the docu.
So BS is the Danish equivalent to Chuck Norris, with similar jokes - except BS is the real thing.
And with more than 1.000 jumps behind him, already ten years prior to this video, Frederik could hardly have asked for a better instructor.

During the video Frederik presents himself and his brother in English, because some of the other participants are foreigners. Sometimes because there is a vacant spot, for others because they prefer earning their wings at this school and for others because they collect jumpwings so to speak, and attend several schools.

You will notice that the instructors wear "normal" hairstyles. The reason being so that they could (and can) blend in in civilian, because they are often used as VIP protection abroad and other things were they wear civilian which they don't really like to talk about.

The first jump Frederik is performing is a (rather high) HALO jump = High Altitude Low Opening.
After the jump, Frederik is being interviewed. A couple of locals have also shown up. He explains how it was much easier this time and that he now had time to enjoy the experience, al that in contrast to his first (static line) jump.

Last edited:
Thanks Muhler for the summary of the video! Very interesting.

FYI - the Youtube channel that posted this video, has also posted quite a few other videos, including all of Mary and Frederik's wedding day (13 parts in total). A summary of the pre-wedding banquet is also posted. Mary's documentary that was filmed in Australia. I believe Frederik's christening, and some other christenings are also posted IIRC. Sadly, there are no English sub-titles. I believe these videos are also posted on the DRTV website under the Bonanza section.

So if anyone has a few hours and wants to relive some of these moments...here is the link to the playlists page:
https://www.youtube.com/@rodgrodmedflode/playlists

Here is the DRTV Bonanza Link: https://www.dr.dk/bonanza/kategori/20/tema---royalt-bonanza

Yes, there is a lot of DRF stuff on Bonanza. Sometimes you can be lucky and a lot of a specific docu may be in spoken English. That's mainly historical docus.

Yes, there is a lot of DRF stuff on Bonanza. Sometimes you can be lucky and a lot of a specific docu may be in spoken English. That's mainly historical docus.

I've been able to watch quite a few things with English sub-titles on DRTV, including the 10 part Kongehuset Indefra series. I do think that particular series is no longer available.

Mary's 50th birthday interview with DR is still on the website with English sub-titles. As are the two tv shows Frederik did traveling to the Faroe Islands and Greenland. The Faroe Island one was very interesting. I still have to watch the one he did in Greenland.

And here is a blast from the past: Portions of the pre-wedding banquet of Mary and Frederik. You can set the video to play in 720 or 1080 quality

And if anyone is interested in watching the 50th jubilee concert it is on Youtube.

Already back then, she looked regal.

They appear to rotate the videos in their archive.
I don't know why.
You'd think a state owned corporation could afford the severs. And it's a public service network, I pay for their archive over my tax, so everything they possibly could ought to be in the archive.

Already back then, she looked regal.

They appear to rotate the videos in their archive.
I don't know why.
You'd think a state owned corporation could afford the severs. And it's a public service network, I pay for their archive over my tax, so everything they possibly could ought to be in the archive.

I agree. I mean they can archive Frederik's christening but not Christian's or Isabella's? For example.

And I think I picked up a reference to Queen Ingrid's Order of the Elephant and Mary. Was Mary given Queen Ingrid's Order of the Elephant? And yes, she looked very regal. And I want to compliment her family too for handling all the craziness so well, even though they must have been incredibly nervous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom