The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Old 07-17-2022, 03:47 PM
Majesty

Does anyone know why Isabella might be wearing a 'B' as pendant on her necklace? Is it for her nickname 'Bella' or are there any other theories?

And Mary probably was sorry she picked this dress when they walked out as she had some trouble keeping her dress in check...
Old 07-17-2022, 03:54 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somebody View Post
Does anyone know why Isabella might be wearing a 'B' as pendant on her necklace? Is it for her nickname 'Bella' or are there any other theories?

And Mary probably was sorry she picked this dress when they walked out as she had some trouble keeping her dress in check...
I would guess it's for "Bella", as she must go by. Presumably not trying to emulate Anne Boleyn.
Old 07-18-2022, 07:12 AM
Administrator

Yesterday, July 17, Crown Prince Frederik and Prince Vincent were seen driving a Bugatti car:

** BB article: Herlig dag: Kronprins Frederik og prins Vincent nød en rigtig herretur **

This morning, July 18, Queen Margrethe arrived at Aabenraa Harbor with the royal ship Dannebrog, was driven to Gråsten and was welcomed with a reception:

** BB article: Kæmpe byfest: Dronning Margrethe modtaget for fuld musik **

** BB article: Dronning Margrethe bød på overraskelse på torvet **

** kongehuset: Ankomst til Aabenraa Havn og modtagelse på Torvet i Gråsten **
Old 07-18-2022, 12:31 PM
Imperial Majesty

Great to see the Queen's arrival.

Longer video from yesterday
https://www.billedbladet.dk/kongelig...t-ved-graasten
and the gallery from the DRF
https://www.kongehuset.dk/foto-video...enings-optog-1
Old 07-18-2022, 03:15 PM
Imperial Majesty

TV2 said on their news tonight that the CP family will stay at Gråsten for a few days while QMII is there as well.
Old 07-18-2022, 03:51 PM
Majesty

A few days ... and Joachim is in Cayx Castle. She will be alone the whole Summer.
Old 07-18-2022, 05:00 PM
Imperial Majesty

Oh, I guess Benedikte will join her. And perhaps Queen Anne-Marie will drop by as well.
Old 07-22-2022, 08:38 AM
Administrator

Both did

Queen Margrethe, Queen Anne-Marie and Princess Benedikte watched the change of guards today, July 22:

** kongehuset gallery: Vagtskifte på Graasten Slot **

** BB article: Se alle billederne: Dronning Margrethe, dronning Anne-Marie og prinsesse Benedikte genforenet på Graasten Slot **
Old 07-22-2022, 10:12 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

As always wonderful to see the 3 royals sisters together for the annual Summer Holiday.
Old 07-22-2022, 03:04 PM
Imperial Majesty

It sure is!

Far from all siblings maintain a good relationship all their lives and I'm sure they have plenty to gossip about.
Old 07-22-2022, 03:16 PM
Majesty

King Constantine must be better as Queen Anne Marie could go to Denmark and have happy times with her Sisters.
Old 07-22-2022, 03:57 PM
Imperial Majesty

My thoughts as well.
Old 07-23-2022, 01:06 AM
Courtier

They look great! Queen Margrethe looks rested and relaxed, and Queen Anne-Marie looks like she's lost weight -- she's even younger looking than usual. And Princess Benedikte always looks wonderful. Having their sister get-togethers must do them all a world of good.
Old 07-23-2022, 01:27 PM
Imperial Majesty

Jonas Vingegaard's single start as followed with excitement at Graasten Castle, where the Queen, Princess Benedikte and Queen Anne-Marie are staying these weeks

https://www.instagram.com/p/CgXG4YpDMNm/?hl=el

How mutch adore the three sisters together!
Old 07-23-2022, 01:48 PM
Imperial Majesty

While I'm in no doubt QMII is genuinely delighted for Vingegaard, I can't really imagine her sitting and watch cycling.
Or any other sport for that matter, perhaps with the exception of figure skating, as it is a bit like ballet.

Her sisters though, that could be more likely. And cycles are after all called "ironhorses".
Old 07-24-2022, 09:07 PM
Courtier

It is possible that Queen Margrethe is not attracted to cycling, but the cyclist is Danish, and that always changes the perception....This is the triumph of Denmark

I love seeing these photos of the three sisters. They are very close.
And I admit it, I like to see that Queen Anne Marie has traveled to Denmark, because this is proof that King Constantine, within his pathologies, is well.

The photograph of them watching cycling on television, I love it, they are following the cyclist , very attentively.
Old 07-25-2022, 03:07 AM
Imperial Majesty

I don't think she has been cycling a lot in her life.
Having problems with her depth perception she may feel "clumsy" and not at ease on a cycle.
And sports generally doesn't interest her much, no secret about that. It's only towards the latter half of her reign that athletes have been honored and acknowledged by her.
So while being perfectly able and willing to acknowledge the effort and the result of Vingegaard's accomplishment, I doubt she has been watching much Tour de France, finding it perhaps marginally more interesting than counting needles on a cactus.

But that doesn't mean she can't become quite enthusiastic when she does sit down to watch sports, she sure can! We have seen that before in connection with the Olympics.

But Queen Anne-Marie and Benedikte... I think they would have followed Vingegaard much more attentively - and been perfectly willing to explain all the nuances of the race to their older sister.

Vingegaard will be celebrated - a lot - when he returns to DK and I imagine he will meet QMII as well at some point.

Anyway, the outcome of this year's Tour couldn't have been better for Frederik, who has taken an active part in promoting DK as a starting point. He must be over the moon these days.
Old 07-25-2022, 01:04 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post
I don't think she has been cycling a lot in her life.
Having problems with her depth perception she may feel "clumsy" and not at ease on a cycle.
And sports generally doesn't interest her much, no secret about that. It's only towards the latter half of her reign that athletes have been honored and acknowledged by her.
So while being perfectly able and willing to acknowledge the effort and the result of Vingegaard's accomplishment, I doubt she has been watching much Tour de France, finding it perhaps marginally more interesting than counting needles on a cactus.

But that doesn't mean she can't become quite enthusiastic when she does sit down to watch sports, she sure can! We have seen that before in connection with the Olympics.

But Queen Anne-Marie and Benedikte... I think they would have followed Vingegaard much more attentively - and been perfectly willing to explain all the nuances of the race to their older sister.

Vingegaard will be celebrated - a lot - when he returns to DK and I imagine he will meet QMII as well at some point.

Anyway, the outcome of this year's Tour couldn't have been better for Frederik, who has taken an active part in promoting DK as a starting point. He must be over the moon these days.
Thanks Muhler. That explains quite alot! If the acknowledgement of athletes did not start until so later into her reign, I would not be shocked that it was probably at Frederik's urging for that to start. The Dutch and Belgian royals are very good about posting congratulatory messages to athletes/teams which is a small (to the eyes of some) but good thing to do. I do hope we see more of that. I was a bit surprised that there was no acknowledgment of the Invictus athletes on the DRF social media for instance. I would have thought Frederik would post given his involvement in both military and sport, but maybe those messages have to come from the monarch and your explanation now put a different light on that. I think that should have been done.

On July 25th, there was a "cousin's gathering" arranged by QMII, Queen Anne-Marie and Princess Benedikte. Almost all of Frederik IX's grandchildren and their spouses. The photos were taken today, July 25th.
Here are the links to the Instagram post and the DRF website post of the photos:
https://www.instagram.com/p/CgcTYhAj...d=YmMyMTA2M2Y=
https://www.kongehuset.dk/foto-video...-graasten-slot
Old 07-25-2022, 02:16 PM
Imperial Majesty

What a lovely family gathering!!!!
Old 07-25-2022, 02:19 PM
Imperial Majesty

What great photos!! lovely reunion, almost impossible to get everyone but so nice to get a picture of the cousins together again at Grasten. Just lovely!
https://www.facebook.com/detdanskeko...KbGeNRp1iSM29l

Tags
annual photoshoot, grasten palace, photo shoot, royal life guards change, summer holiday