The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Old 07-25-2018, 06:53 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post
Here is a BB gallery from inside Gråsten Palace park. - No wonder they like the place so much:
https://www.billedbladet.dk/kongelig...e-ferieparadis

It is really beautful. I was there in early July when i ws a few days in North Germany. Then also the Castle Church was open.

Old 07-27-2018, 02:52 AM
Administrator

Posts about the Crown Prince family's summer vacation have been moved to the following thread:

** Frederik, Mary and Family on Summer Holidays: 2005-2008, 2012-2018 **

Posts about the holidays of Prince Joachim and his family have been moved to this thread:

** Prince Joachim and Family Summer Holidays: 2012-2018 **
Old 07-27-2018, 09:46 AM
Imperial Majesty

Some of the Berleburgs were present at the changing of guards at noon today:
https://www.billedbladet.dk/kongelig...te-vinkede-ved

BB this week wrote that Prince Gustav and Carina Axelsson had visited Gråsten, but left. Presumably their visit was while M&F were there as well.

- There is no rush in posting anything from the magazine edition of BB this week, as there are hardly any news at all!
Only a behind the scenes article which I will deal with, when the temperatures here in DK become tolerable! These days we are living inside the freezer to avoid a heatstroke!
Old 07-27-2018, 04:26 PM
Administrator

Here's an additional gallery and a video shared by the Palace:

** ppe gallery ** kongehuset video **
Old 07-27-2018, 05:15 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Lovely to see Princesses Benedikte and Alexandra with her husband and daughter joining the queen for the summer holiday photo shoot at the Gråsten Palace.
Old 07-27-2018, 07:12 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post
Lovely to see Princesses Benedikte and Alexandra with her husband and daughter joining the queen for the summer holiday photo shoot at the Gråsten Palace.
It's her son Richard, not her husband - she is divorced. I wouldn't be surprised if Alexandra's boyfriend is also at Grasten as he is Danish and a friend of the royal family.
Old 07-28-2018, 02:38 AM
Administrator

A couple of posts have been moved to the following thread:

** Princess Alexandra of Berleburg and Family, Current Events Part 1: April 2004 - **
Old 07-28-2018, 05:39 PM
Imperial Majesty

When the Queen is in the Grasten the Dannebrog usually is in the harbor of Sonderborg.
The Dannebrog under the moon!

https://scontent.fath3-3.fna.fbcdn.n...c8&oe=5C0B3056

https://www.instagram.com/p/BlycZYtA...danskekongehus
Old 07-28-2018, 08:26 PM
Heir Presumptive

I've always thought the Dannebrog is a beautiful ship. Thanks for the lovely photo. It must be a real pleasure to sail on her.
And what a great idea it is to sail around the islands of Denmark in summer to visit the remote towns. Just a wonderful way of doing things.
Old 07-29-2018, 05:08 AM
Imperial Majesty

Yes, she is beautiful.
And a little dream of mine would be to send her on an extended tour of the Pacific. But that won't be possible until M&F become the regent couple.

Imagine Dannebrog sailing under Sydney Harbor Bridge. Under the Golden Bridge. Past the Arizona Memorial. Into Vancouver.
Being moored in Tokyo Bay and off Singapore. Off the Galapagos.
Sailing into the bays and fjords of South Island in New Zealand.
And being designed to sail in the Arctic, she can even sail to the shore of Antarctica.

It will be expensive, but no more expensive than having two warships patrolling the coast of Somalia for six months. And that is done routinely.
Old 07-29-2018, 08:42 AM
Administrator

Queen Margrethe and Princess Benedikte attended a mass this morning, July 29, a new antependium created by the Queen was unveiled at Gråsten Castle Church:

** jv.dk gallery ** kongehuset video ** fb gallery **

** BB: SE BILLEDET: Dronning Margrethes flotte gave til Gråsten Slotskirke **
Old 07-29-2018, 01:05 PM
Heir Apparent

I didn't know there was a church at Graasten! Has any significant royal event baptism, wedding, etc ever taken place there?!
Old 08-01-2018, 06:34 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post
Yes, she is beautiful.
And a little dream of mine would be to send her on an extended tour of the Pacific. But that won't be possible until M&F become the regent couple.

Imagine Dannebrog sailing under Sydney Harbor Bridge. Under the Golden Bridge. Past the Arizona Memorial. Into Vancouver.
Being moored in Tokyo Bay and off Singapore. Off the Galapagos.
Sailing into the bays and fjords of South Island in New Zealand.
And being designed to sail in the Arctic, she can even sail to the shore of Antarctica.

It will be expensive, but no more expensive than having two warships patrolling the coast of Somalia for six months. And that is done routinely.

I really like your itinerary. She would look lovely in all those places especially with magical sunsets and her lights on.
It must be a pleasure to be a sailor on board.
Old 08-01-2018, 06:47 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alisa View Post
I didn't know there was a church at Graasten! Has any significant royal event baptism, wedding, etc ever taken place there?!
In 1998 Princess Alexandra zu Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg married Count Jefferson of Pfeil and Klein-Ellguth in the Castle Church.

Old 08-03-2018, 03:37 PM
Imperial Majesty

Every Friday during the Queen's stay at Grasten Castle, the changing of the guard ends with a small concert. Princess Benedikte was also there.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BmBqhqOA...danskekongehus

https://www.billedbladet.dk/kongelig...ste-vagtskifte
Old 08-07-2018, 12:46 PM
Imperial Majesty

Another small gallery from the Horse riders parade
https://www.billedbladet.dk/kongelig...llede-115817-3

This picture is beautiful, Isabella and her father
https://www.billedbladet.dk/sites/bi.../graasten4.jpg
Old 08-07-2018, 12:57 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by polyesco View Post
Another small gallery from the Horse riders parade
https://www.billedbladet.dk/kongelig...llede-115817-3

This picture is beautiful, Isabella and her father
https://www.billedbladet.dk/sites/bi.../graasten4.jpg
The above picture of Isabella looking at her Dad is just beautiful. What a loving family.
Old 08-07-2018, 03:05 PM
Royal Highness

I am always so impressed how loving and caring this family is when out in public and I honestly believe they are the same at home behind closed doors. Mary and Frederik seems like such strong yet loving parents who know just where the children are headed in life and what they need to do. I love the picture of Mary with her arm around Isabella, and my she is almost as tall as her mother....good grief where did time go here.......
Old 08-07-2018, 10:35 PM
Heir Apparent

I agree about this family. Mary (and Fred) have done an outstanding job of raising very grounded children in the face of the cameras. I wish people would take note of how tactile this family is in front of the cameras, because there is another royal family (hint: starts with an Sp ) that gets dinged for touching. If ever children need reassurance it is before that bank of gawking cameras and staring crowds (no matter how well meaning). It is just an abnormal situation for children and the more they feel in the cocoon of the familial embrace (and touching helps maintain that safety) the more buoyed the child's spirit can be. Just the way I see it.
Old 08-07-2018, 11:53 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Nimue View Post
I agree about this family. Mary (and Fred) have done an outstanding job of raising very grounded children in the face of the cameras. I wish people would take note of how tactile this family is in front of the cameras, because there is another royal family (hint: starts with an Sp ) that gets dinged for touching. If ever children need reassurance it is before that bank of gawking cameras and staring crowds (no matter how well meaning). It is just an abnormal situation for children and the more they feel in the cocoon of the familial embrace (and touching helps maintain that safety) the more buoyed the child's spirit can be. Just the way I see it.
There are different ways of being tactile This one comes off as at ease and loving; the Sp-version at times comes off as controlling (and not always age-appropriate).

Tags
annual photoshoot, grasten palace, photo shoot, royal life guards change, summer holiday