Annual Photo Shoots & Holidays At Gråsten Slot: 2003, 2005-2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Whether this photo op is official or not is irrelevant. Royals are highly dependent on tradition, image and being in the public eye. Royalty in itself is irrelevant in todays society. If they want to stay relevant as a royal family and keeper of traditions and monarchy they need to make sure people associate them with royal life. When the Queen is gone and Frederik does not immediately fill the vacuum in peoples mind as the regent he may have hard time being considered relevant - and the moment they as royal family is irrelevant they are gone.

Thank you so much for all the lovely photos, its nice to see at least some members of the family with the Queen & Prince Henrik.

Whether this photo op is official or not is irrelevant. Royals are highly dependent on tradition, image and being in the public eye. Royalty in itself is irrelevant in todays society. If they want to stay relevant as a royal family and keeper of traditions and monarchy they need to make sure people associate them with royal life. When the Queen is gone and Frederik does not immediately fill the vacuum in peoples mind as the regent he may have hard time being considered relevant - and the moment they as royal family is irrelevant they are gone.
I entirely agree.The slide towards that irrelevance has begun, mostly because we now view our royals like we view any other celebrity. It turns out they are humans like all the rest of us - as described in my book - and if they can not provide us with something to look up to, it's over! That is also why a photo-op like the one at Gråsten is a stupid thing to miss for a Crown Prince and his famly. Their absence is undermining the very structure the monarchy is build on: Respect!

Yes respect cuts both ways , can you honestly say they did not get caught in traffic or are you just wanting to gripe about the royal couple. Yes, put the flashing blue on, so there is something else to complain about the extra resources and extra money just to get to a photo shoot.

Yes, put the flashing blue on, so there is something else to complain about the extra resources and extra money just to get to a photo shoot.

Exactly right, marfre...;)

Not only that, but to inflict more chaos to what was said to be busy traffic would have been rather careless.

Yes respect cuts both ways , can you honestly say they did not get caught in traffic or are you just wanting to gripe about the royal couple. Yes, put the flashing blue on, so there is something else to complain about the extra resources and extra money just to get to a photo shoot.

Aas I understand it, CP Frederik and family showed up not 10 minutes or even half an hour later , but two hours later. Some traffic jam? The Gråsten photo-op is an important part of the royal year and I think it is lack of respect if one does not put effort into making sure, that he and his family will be there in time. Queen Margrethe is VERY punctual. She hates being late. She is the kind of person, who leaves early and then circles the blok until it is time to go in in order not to inconvene her hosts. CP Frederik should pay attention!
Blues flashes? Why not! The royals use them all the time anyway. :flowers:

When the Queen is gone and Frederik does not immediately fill the vacuum in peoples mind as the regent he may have hard time being considered relevant - and the moment they as royal family is irrelevant they are gone.
Considering the uproar that his abscence caused I wonder whether he isn't already filling a vacuum. The queen was there but he (+family) was not, and therefore this whole photoshoot obviously is not considered relevant in some peoples' minds.

Usually Gustaf & Carina show up -- wonder what happened to them this year ?
Is Joachim & Marie still at the Chateau ?

Seems to me that when Q Ingrid was still alive all three daughters with their husbands and children were present.
Looks like any other family. Children grow up, marry and have other obligations, old people pass on and traditions fall by the waysides.
I find it ridiculous to assume there was a snub from anyone's part not to show up on time or not at all. Things happen, we need to change to decaf........

Little Ingrid is a spitting image of her namesake great-grandmother!

We haven't seen them in a photoshoot situation lately, but we have seen them a bit, at the circus, legoland, the beach...
I know its not the same, but its better than nothing, for me at least...

We don't see Richard and Ingrid that much, but when we do I have to say that they are some of my favorites. Richard seems to be very well-behaved, and he's a really handsome kid. Ingrid has grown up a lot in the past year, is absolutly adorable, and seems to be quite the free spirit! Glad of all the nice pictures.

Are they going to have a fotoshoot this year, and if so when? Thanks!

I don't think a photoshoot will be planned this year because of the christening which take place on sunday. We'll certainly have family pictures so I don't think the whole family will do another photoshoot one or two weeks after.

But it's just my point!

I don't think a photoshoot will be planned this year because of the christening which take place on sunday. We'll certainly have family pictures so I don't think the whole family will do another photoshoot one or two weeks after. But it's just my point!
Thanks for your response! That's too bad if they don't do one because I really like the nice informal ambiance of the summer shoot. Anyway, looking forward to Sunday!:flowers:

I also like the casual, summery look of the Grasten photo shoots. I would like to see a photo shoot at Grasten this year, but I can understand if they decide to take the photos at the christening instead.

According to the DRF website the regentcouple, Prince Joachim and Princess Marie arrives tomorrow at Grasten. The Crownprincerly couple is not mentioned also Princess Benedikte and family.

Kongehuset - Aktuelt - Kalender

At the calender of the Crownprincerly couple nothing is mentioned about Grasten

D.K.H. Kronprinsparret - D.K.H. Kronprinsen og Kronprinsessens kalender

Perhaps tomorrow there will be a photoshoot, but a very tiny, or we have to wait until sunday or there is a surprise planned and the whole family attend.

It doesn't say anything about a photo shoot. I wonder if Queen Margrethe and Prince Henrik are just taking up residence there for the christening and a vacation. I have a feeling that we will probably only see christening photos. Of course it is possible that they might take the photo a few days after the christening. I always like these Grasten photo shoots, and I hope that they do the photo shoot this year.

They released the formal portraits earlier this year, so when combined with the christening ones, that may be all we see.

I just found this article from BT.dk:

Den lille prins kommer med skib - Royale - BT.dk

It says that Joachim, Marie and the boys will arrive by ship in South Jutland. There will be a short reception tomorrow, and then the Queen and Prince will move on to Grasten, where they will stay. Joachim and family will head to Schackenborg. It doesn't say anything about a photo shoot, unfortunately.

Thanks for the link.
Pss Isabella is so big girl.

This family is so cute as well!

Queen Margrethe and the prince consort are lucky to have all those beautiful grandchildren!

The little ones are adorable! I love the photo of Isabella waving.

Here is an article from Billed-Bladet that talks about the entire family arriving to Grasten for the christening:

Billed-Bladet - Prins Christian gav farmor et kæmpe knus

The title talks about Christian giving his grandmother a hug. It also says that Princess Benedikte and Prince Richard have arrived, along with their grandchildren, Richard and Ingrid, who, according to the article, enjoy playing with their cousins Christian and Isabella. It also says that Queen Anne-Marie has arrived. It does not mention any of Anne-Marie's family or her husband. It also doesn't say that any of Benedikte's children have arrived. Perhaps they are coming today.

Last edited by a moderator:
Joachim's & Marie's family looked gorgeous during the above event.All kids are cute and they all seem truly happy.Nice pics!

Prince Christian has gotten his first horse:

Kronprinsfamilien: Hygger inden barnedåben - Royalt - SE og HØR

Frederik and Mary usually ride when they are in Grasten each summer, but this year is special, because Christian will be able to join them on his own horse. His parents have given him a little brown pony, which Mary is supposedly crazy about, according to the article.

Thanks for the video link, Paty! At the end of the video, you can hear Isabella talking. She sounds like she has a very cute little voice.

Back
Top Bottom