Alexandra, Countess of Frederiksborg's Charities and Patronages

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This video was very cute. There were a couple of scenes where the girls were yawning and looking kind of bored. Alexandra looked lovely as always. What was being said in the video? It looked like Alexandra was addressing the children. Does anyone know what she was saying?

I think that was the speech when she was thanking them all for a fantastic year etc (she visited Canada and the US with them as well this year).

Countess Alexandra as Patron of the Danish Committee for UNICEF

25-01-2009 Lyngby: Countess Alexandra at the opening of UNICEF
city 2009 - Lyngby. She also attented the annual New Year concert.

----> ppe gallery

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone know why the mayor is wearing this medallion around his neck?

[DNF] Fotoarchief Denieuwsfoto

I would assume because he's a mayor - that's what our Mayors/Lord Mayors(in my city) wear here in the UK too for events like this - ours even wore his full robes and everything for handing out awards at a local school!

I would assume because he's a mayor - that's what our Mayors/Lord Mayors(in my city) wear here in the UK too for events like this

I can confirme that the same thing goes for Mayors in the Danish cities.

- ours even wore his full robes and everything for handing out awards at a local school!

I have never seen a Danish Mayor in full robe. I don't even think they have full robes.

Thanks Lilla - I have to admit, I was surprised by the question; I'd never really thought that Mayors in other countries wouldn't have these markers of their office.

Unicef Danmark - Lyngby-Taarbæk er UNICEF By 2009
There is an article here from the UNICEF Denmark website about the inauguration; it says that the local authority's citizens, societies and organisations are going to collect for UNICEF's school project in Madagascar .
Alexandra stood at the head of the festive opening, attending the New Year concert in the Kulturhus, where the logo of the UNICEF city was also unveiled.

http://herognu.com/mediafiles/1/images/herognuforside_0509.jpg
Her og Nu has a negative story about Alexandra and how she misses life as a Princess and wishes to still be treated as a member of the royal family. This story has probably arisen out of the stories about Alexandra and the Queen, at the opening of the concert hall.

I can confirme that the same thing goes for Mayors in the Danish cities.

I have never seen a Danish Mayor in full robe. I don't even think they have full robes.

Thank you, Alex001 and Lilla! In the US, our mayors don't have any sort of regalia that they wear during events. I think that they should have something like a robe or medallion, but for whatever reason, they don't.

Thanks for the images Paty; there are also some images here from the carnival party:
APA Picturedesk

There's a very short video here of her in Odense lighting the candles for the dead.
TV 2/Fyn

Countess Alexandra as Patron of the Danish Parkinson Disease Association

http://www.theroyalforums.com/5099-countess-alexandra-celebrates-international-parkinsons-day/
Countess Alexandra celebrates International Parkinson's Day

Also, next Friday, the Countess is going to be at the finals of the Danmarksmester in Entrepreneurship & Innovation, which, from what I understand, is a competition where students from secondary schools set up 'companies' and design a product which are then judged by seven experts, the final judging being the one which Alexandra will attend.
http://www.nordjyske.dk/erhverv/forside.aspx?ctrl=10&data=4,3240651,5,3

Last edited:
Countess Alexandra attending the International Parkinson Day 2009 at Skejby Hospital, 18 April 2009.
PPE Agency

Who is Anne Mette Rasmussen? Is she involved with a Parkinson's foundation?

Anne Mette Rasmussen is the wife of the former Prime Minister of Denmark. He resigned two week ago to become secretary-general of The NATO.

I don't know if she is involved with the Parkinson's Foundation - I guess she must be..........

Countess Alexandra as Patron of the Danish Association of the Blind

Today, Countess Alexandra distributed 1.4 million kroner from the Eye Fund to fund the research of 11 scientists who are trying to find a way to cure and treat those who suffer from eye diseases and blindness.

The Countess is the patron for the Dansk Blindesamfund, and said that she would be happy to give up this patronage if there was no longer use for it (meaning-she would like the researchers to find a cure).

Billed-Bladet - Alexandra uddelte 1,4 millioner

Thank you for sending the photographs.

I do think that Countess Alexandra would look better with a different haircut. However, I admire her for her willingness make a change.

Back to the JJ Film site question. It seems odd that Countess Alexandra's photograph from the JJ Film documentary of her would be included. Martin was so young when he met her. It will be interesting to see what his interests are and how he develops as a photographer.

Countess Alexandra as Patron of the Animal Foundation

As patron of the Animal Foundation was Alexandra with the presentation of new dyrebog with the President, Ghita Nørby

With a focus on animal welfare... - Translated article ** Original article

:previous: What is 'dyrebog'?

Prince Joachim and Princess Alexandras Fund

Countess Alexandra and Prince Joachim would usually give out grants from their 'Prince Joachim and Princess Alexandras Fund' at Amalienborg Palace in Copenhagen around this month wouldn't they?
The last photos I found were on
PPE Agency from December 19, 2007. Press release from the Kongehuset - Aktuelt - Arkiv for December 19, 2007.

Then last year, there was only a press release on December 12, 2008 with no photos
Kongehuset - Aktuelt - Arkiv

This year (2009) - No photos or press release.

I wonder whether this fund will eventually be dissolved given that both Prince Joachim and Countess Alexandra have remarried?

Alexandra attended the opening of UNICEF City at Esbjerg.Maybe it was to soon for her for an official engagement,
she 's still grieving,understandebly,she didn't want to let them down.
Admirable Alexandra.

PPE Agency

courtesy ppe

Countess Alexandra, in her role as Patron of the Children's Cancer
Fund, has visited the department for children suffering from cancer
at the Rigshospitalet in Copenhagen. Prince Nikolai attended as well!
They spent two hours at the hospital, Countess Alexandra read out
of a funny book she had chosen and held talks with the little patients.

Here's an article with several pics:

**Alexandra læste højt for kræftsyge børn **

("Alexandra read aloud to children suffering from cancer")

Back
Top Bottom