Alexandra, Countess of Frederiksborg's Charities and Patronages

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
BT writes about an article in a reputable weekly called Søndag (Sunday): Alexandra: Jeg har ikke lyst til at få en toppost - kvinder.bt.dk | www.bt.dk

Here Alexandra says that she's is not keen on a top job within commerce/business sector.
She has plenty to do as it is, being patron for various organisations as well as her honorary memberships, which she describes as practically a full-time job.

To the question: What is she really doing, she explains: "Just because you don't see me in a magazine every week, it doesn't mean that I don't do anything. I look after my protections and that means a lot to me and takes up a lot of my time. Apart from that I also have my membership of a board (Ferring Pharmaceutical) which also takes time. And I'm an honorary member of a number of organisations, which takes almost as much time as a protection".

There have been a good deal of speculations whether she would opt for a top job in commerce but Alexandra says: "But I'm not keen on a managers position in bussiness/within commerce. And I say that because I cannot and will not represent one single business. I have difficulties seeing myself as patron for among other things Danish UNICEF committee, Danisg Assciation of the Blind and the DR1 Girls Choir and then having to sit from nine to five every day at a business. I can't make that fit together. A place at a board perhaps or consulting work, where I don't have to put on a particular hat and say: I'm 90 % one business only, what were I to do with those protections and honorary memberships, I represent and with a great delight have worked with for fifteen-sixteen years? Should I just leave them standing there? Should I just say that they are no longer important"?

Her current membership of one board satisfy what she calls her commerce-gene: "There is still a lot of business woman within me, yes. But my commerce-gene I get satisfied when I attend board-meetings. I have also said no to a number of offers, because I felt it wasn't there I should put my name".

--------

- Well the cynic within me cannot help wondering that Alexandra is worried she would lose her semi-royal status, should she become an "ordinary" business-woman representing commercial interests.
A very human thing I'd say.

The problem is that time is running out. Even with her semi-royal status she is becoming less and less interesting. In ten-fifteen years when her sons have a life of their own. They are the ones, who will be interesting, not Alexandra.

Another matter is that she appears to be financial independent, so she doesn't have to work (lucky her!). She brought money of her own into the marriage, she appears to be a very competent investor. (I personally believe she had an important role in establishing Schackenborg as a sound business). She got a big house for free, quite a few money from Joachim and an apanage. - Which a high ranking politician made no attempts to hide were really to ensure that her boys, who are in the line of succession, can live a life bifitting of their status.
Not to mention that she is a member of a board.
Her mentioning that she would be interested in a seat at a board, sounds almost like a heads-up to headhunters.

Here is what is currently online at the magazine Søndag: Alexandra: Sådan holder jeg mig i form

Countess Alexandra have been walking her boys and dog today in the Ecco Walkathon.

Gallery from BT: Se billederne: Alexandra og familien gik for en god sag | www.bt.dk

And I notice Martin Jørgensen positioned his face too far from his shaver today.

A gallery from previous Ecco Walkathons from BT: Se Alexandras genbrug: Samme bluse - ny mand | www.bt.dk

The captions points out that Alexandra has changed husband, but not blouse.

In one of the pictures Martin Jørgensen is clean shaven. That one should live to see that....

You may notice in the background persons dressed in dark blue sports suits with a red anchor on the chest. They are cadets from the navy officers school and they provide unofficial bodyguards for Alexandra and her children.
One year there was panic. Nikolai was gone! They found him safely next to a cadet, whom he had been running with. - When you are a boy bursting with energy, walking is booooring!

For Danish members: I see Bubber is there as well. That man is everywhere!

Last edited by a moderator:

On Sunday, November 4, Countess Alexandra as Patron of the Danish Infant Death Association attended a memorial service at Copenhagen Cathedral with parents and families who lost their babies.

"It was moving", Alexandra afterwards said "I think it was a very special and and beautiful atmosphere (..) But with death there is also life and it was great that there was so much life there", "you need to deal with grief and faith and religion is a way to do it. Now we have a son to be confirmed next year, so we are more often at church these days. And I think it's great to come and to be in church on Sunday. We all use it in different ways, but it's very cleansing for our souls".

** Pic ** bt.dk Små liv blev mindet: Alexandra tændte lys i kirken ** bt.dk gallery **

Countess Alexandra as Patron together with Martin Jorgensen, Prince Nikolai and Prince Felix participated in the "Parkinson Unity Walk 2013: Stop parkin' - Start walkin'!" in Copenhagen on May 25, 2013.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 ** Pic 7 ** gallery **

BB reports that Alexandra went for a stroll with two of her boys. Felix and Martin Jørgensen (He's the unshaved one).
That was apart of the annual charity walk, Ecco Walkahton.

Nikolai is in Scotland with his class from school.

BB reports that Alexandra went for a stroll with two of her boys. Felix and Martin Jørgensen (He's the unshaved one).
That was apart of the annual charity walk, Ecco Walkahton.

Nikolai is in Scotland with his class from school.

Here is the link to the article
Grevinde Alexandra gik søndagstur for en god sag

Ekstra Bladet - Prins Nikolai droppede gåtur

Alexandra visited the Neurological Unit of the Bispebjerg Hospital two weeks ago, to hear about research in Parkinson disease. She is patron of the Parkinson Association and showed great interest in new research and treatment of the disease.
Alexandra så på hjerner - Nørrebro Nordvest Bladet
Translation

Last edited by a moderator:
Summary of two articles in Billed Bladet #40, 2013.
Written by trine Larsen.

Alexandra went to Aarhus to take part in a radioshow called Cafe Hack.
Here she talked about herself and her life here in DK lasting about an hour.

She said: "I feel Danish. I am Danish... I tear up when I hear In Denmark I am Born. (*)
She was aksed about what had surprised her the most upon arriving in DK and the culture here. The word "skål = cheers" was very useful: "It is used at many of our traditions and solemn events and then it's international, something everybody can understand and it creates joy".

(*) That is the unofficial third national anthem. It is also half jokingly considered the intellectual anthem, whereas the official national anthem is considered more folksy. (You can remember the first verse almost no matter how drunk a football supporter you are :p).
Written by HC Andersen during the national-romantic era it is a declaration of love for Denmark.
Here partly performed by the DRF:
© I Danmark er jeg født - Hans Christian Andersen - Stående fællessang DRSO Michael Bojesen - YouTube

---------------

But while in Aarhus Alexandra also opened the campaign Support the Breasts, for the Cancer Foundation, which takes place each year during the month of October.

Each year 4.300 women are diagnoced with breast cancer of those 1.300 die.
During the past ten years 100 million DKK have been rasied. Alexandra addressed 300 volunteers and said among other: "I don't live in fear of the desease. There are so many other unfortunate things that can afflict you. Therefore I will encourage all women to enjoy life and listen to their bodies...".

She said afterwards: "The curve has been broken, so that each year one percent less die. Apart from that there are better opportunities for reconstructing the breast and then a lot of voulnteers help by being open and offering council about breast cancer and there are free offers for screening for all over 40".

- Breast cancer is of course a thing that doesn't only affect women, but we husbands as well.

Last edited:
BB informs us that Countess Alexandra attended a concert in pitch darkness: Grevinde Alexandra i de blindes verden - Billed Bladet

She is patron of the Blind Association and in that capacity she listened to the DR1 Girls Choir without any visual input.

I can imagine it to be somewhat challenging for a choir to sing in darkness, eh FasterB?

BB informs us that Countess Alexandra attended a concert in pitch darkness: Grevinde Alexandra i de blindes verden - Billed Bladet

She is patron of the Blind Association and in that capacity she listened to the DR1 Girls Choir without any visual input.

I can imagine it to be somewhat challenging for a choir to sing in darkness, eh FasterB?

I would say easier. No audience to make you nervous.

Yes, it would be a challenge to sing in complete darkness. You can´t see the waving man in front of you (aka the conductor) and you have to sing a complete concert without the score...

But it must also have been fun to try to sing in complete darkness :)

A little request to the resident danes who read BB.

A member PM'ed about a long article in this weeks BB about Alexandra and her family in Turkey.

I'm very busy these days, so I simply haven't got time to deal with it for the next two or three weeks - or more correctly, my family comes first. Perhaps someone will write a summary? :)

Countess Alexandra made an appearance on the Danish television show, Søndag Live, yesterday (17 November 2013). She spoke a about the horrible typhoon that has hit the Philippines and her work with the UNICEF.

The show:
Søndag Live - 17. nov. 2013 | DR2 | DR
An article on Alexandra's appearance (in Danish):
Grevinde Alexandra om at være protektor: Det handler ikke om mig | Billed Bladet

I absolutely love her. She's so poised, kind and lovely, and she speaks so passionately about her work with UNICEF. They had a nice little segment where they asked the Secretary General of UNICEF Denmark in which way Alexandra is different from other patrons, and he said that she involves herself much more and wants to know as much as possible.

She is indeed a poised lady. I applaud the royal family in the way they handled her divorce and not shoving her under the table. She is truly a class act.

Summary of article in Billed Bladet #47, 2013.
Mine sønner er stolte af mig - My sons are proud of me.
Written by Liz Rørsig.

Countess Alexandra was on a liveshow recently (see previous post by Archuchess Zelia) in her capacity as patron for UNICEF Denmark.
The purpose was to put focus on the disaster in the Phillipines.

But she also talked about herself.

About appearing in the show: "It was a funny and nice feeling that I got feedback right away from the audience in the studio. I was a little nervous, but it was a good experience and I was in good hands with Ane (the show host). I also feel that I said what I wanted to (convey)".

About her work for UNICEF: "It's with pride that I represent an organisation, which do such a big effort in relieving children. To do something for children in need is the most important thing to me.
My sons think it's good that their mother spend so much energy and work on supporting the cause of the weak. Before I was going to the studio I asked them what it meant that I was on the talkshow. They replied that they were very proud of me. I also know that they wanted to watch (the show) tonight.
I don't cushin them and (I) talk about the world we live in with them, and the natural disasters that occur. My boys suck in Knowledge and I would also very much like to take them with me, if I get the opportunity to travel out with UNICEF and show what you can do to help".

She looks fantastic! I love the dress and her hair.

Her men don't look to bad either.

I do miss seeing Alexandra on a regular at the DRF events.

Oh well...what might have been.

She's absolutely ravishing. I love that she's growing her hair out again, I've always preferred it at this length. The dress is fabulous as well. Alexandra looks like she's in her thirties, not at all like she's turning fifty this year.

The boys are so dapper. Felix still is a little munchkin but Nikolai has grown so much! They're both gonna break hearts some day. Martin looks smashing as well.

Back
Top Bottom