Alexandra, Countess of Frederiksborg, Current Events Part 1: September 2015 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
ugg that Portrait is a total fail IMHO. it is so 90th and celebrity and Bollywoody and ... just wrong.

And the colours are ugly ... yes her face looks nice, but i wouldn't have recognised Alexandra at all!

Alexandra sure can't complain about the attention she and her new book has got!
It's written about in practically every magazine and newspaper worth mentioning.
Even though the book is marketed as Alexandra's reflection on happiness, both as a nation and on a personal level, it's also very much a semi-autobiography.

The women's weekly Alt for damerne has an interview with her: https://www.alt.dk/artikler/grevinde-alexandra-om-aegteskab-og-skilsmisse

Here she says about her divorce from Joachim and their relationship today:
"A happy divorce is much better than a bad marriage. When I couldn't have a happy marriage I have the second best thing, and that's a happy divorce."
En lykkelig skilsmisse er meget bedre end et dårligt ægteskab. Når nu jeg ikke kunne have et lykkeligt ægteskab, har jeg det næstbedste, og det er en lykkelig skilsmisse,

She goes on:
"Joachim and I are really, really good friends. We back each other up and for are together about the two wonderful children we have together. But we haven't become good friends because we MUST for the sake of our children. It's just turned out that way. I don't think you can say to each other that we must be good friends because we have two children together. It's not that simple."
Joachim og jeg er virkelig, virkelig gode venner. Vi bakker op om hinanden, og vi er fælles om de to vidunderlige børn, vi har sammen. Men vi er ikke gode venner, fordi vi SKAL være det for vores børns skyld. Det er bare blevet sådan. Jeg tror ikke, at man kan sige til hinanden, vi skal være gode venner, fordi vi har to børn sammen. Så enkelt er det ikke,

About being alone:
"I have rarely been alone in my life. But today I live alone and I have found out that it's okay to be alone and I've found out that it's okay to be alone. I have learned a lot about myself by being alone and the most important is that I have learned to love myself.
I thought I loved myself before, but now, that I have tried to be alone I have really seen how I act in different situations and I have seen a strength, an optimism and a drive in myself."
Jeg har sjældent været alene i mit liv. Men i dag lever jeg alene, og jeg har fundet ud af, at det er okay at være alene. Jeg har lært meget om mig selv ved at være alene, og det vigtigste er, at jeg har lært at elske mig selv. Jeg troede, jeg elskede mig selv før, men nu, hvor jeg har prøvet at være alene, har jeg virkelig set, hvordan jeg agerer i forskellige situationer, og jeg har set en styrke, en optimisme og et drive i mig selv.

She ends up by saying that even though she's fine being alone, she will not rule out a "Mr right" entering her life. But she will not compromise.

BT also has a quote: https://www.bt.dk/kendte/grevinde-alexandra-i-ny-bog-har-endelig-fundet-sig-selv
"I must emphasize how healthy it is to try and being alone. I have rarely been alone in my life. Hong Kong, where I grew up, is so densely populated that it was a luxury to have your own bedroom. I hadn't. It's very normal that three generations live together on 80 square meters (A very common size for a Danish apartment for two.) and that there is noise all day and night. (*) But today I live alone and I've found out that it's okay to be alone."
Jeg må understrege, hvor sundt det er at prøve at være alene. Jeg har sjældent været alene i mit liv. Hong Kong, hvor jeg voksede op, er så tæt befolket, at det var en luksus at have eget soveværelse. Det havde jeg ikke. Det er meget normalt, at tre generationer bor sammen på 80 kvadratmeter, og at der er larm døgnet rundt. Men i dag lever jeg alene, og jeg har fundet ud af, at det er okay at være alene,«

Summary of article in Billed Bladet #40, 2018.
Written by Trine Larsen.

As you know Alexandra recently attended a reception on the occasion of the publishing of her new book. Around 100 of her friends and acquaintances came. Among them PH's nephew, Charles Henri Keller who is employed by the DRF. - Interesting.
When I get around to scan the article the photos are very much a list of some of the more discreet friends of Alexandra. But patience. BB is full of info this week with no less than two minor interviews!
But back to the reception. Here Alexandra vented the idea about writing more books, an autobiography perhaps.
Nikolai, with his very civilian hair, also spoke to our reporter:
"When mammi publish a book we are of course there. I have been given time off today but (I) will drive back to the barracks in Varde as soon as the reception is over."
Neither he nor Felix have read the book, but:
"But we have followed the process. Each time mammi has been somewhere in the country and experienced something, she has told a lot about it and I think she's totally cool. But of course I will read the book. When I find the time, that's the first thing I'll do."

(*) She used the word "døgn" which covers a 24 hour period from midnight to midnight. You English speakers really need a word to cover that, it's pretty handy. ;)

Last edited:
:previous: thank you Muhler
She say's she lives alone, does Felix not live with her anymore?

You are welcome. ?

Yes, he does. But she no doubt means not in a relationship.

Anyway, it's likely Felix is out the door in three years.

On this day when the first snow fell here in DK, Alexandra went to the Bella Center in Copenhagen to talk about her new book, where she tries to define what it is that makes the Dane so happy - and doe it based on own experiences in coming to DK and settle and learn a new culture and language and a new mentality as well.

https://www.bt.dk/royale/grevinde-alexandra-slaar-fast-danmark-er-mit-hjem

She makes it clear the DK is her home now and that she has not intentions whatsoever to move abroad. Work abroad from time to time for shorter periods but not to live anywhere else but DK.

The room was filled to capacity, so I guess her book will end up under quite a few Christmas trees this year.

Okay then, why are the Danes so happy?
Hvis jeg skal koge det ned til ét ord, er det tillid. Det finder vi overalt i Danmark. Vi har tillid til retssystemet, politiet og politikerne
"If I must boil it down to one word, it's trust. We find that everywhere in Denmark. We trust the court system, the police and the politicians." (*)

She knew very little of DK when she first came here and she quickly determined that learning the language was the key, so she did just that. (And to perfection I might add!)
Det var vigtigt for mig at kunne tale til mine nye landsmænd på dansk. Derfor satte jeg mig ned og lærte sproget. Jeg blev mødt med åbne arme, og jeg blev mødt med en nysgerrighed. Jeg skulle lære mit land at kende, men det var også meget tydeligt, at mine nye landsmænd skulle lære mig at kende.
"It was important to me to be able to talk to my new countrymen in Danish. That's why I sat down and learned the language. I was met with open arms and I was met with a curiosity. I was to get to know my country, but it was also very obvious that new countrymen had to get to know me as well."

Yet, there are words that to this day baffle her:
Like the word: "Skat."
Hvordan kan man have et ord, der både betyder ‘darling’, 'treasure' og ‘tax’,
"How can you have a word that means both darling, treasure and tax?!?"

When learning Danish she made it clear to those around her, that they should correct her when she said something incorrect. (**)
But at home she and Joachim spoke English:
Prins Joachim og jeg talte engelsk. Alt omkring var dansk, og derfor orkede jeg ikke at tale dansk derhjemme
"Prince Joachim and I spoke English. Everything around was Danish and that's why I simply couldn't be bothered to speak Danish at home as well."

She made the decision that here was where she would plant her roots, create a family and establish a home.

Migration (and integration or the lack of it perhaps) is as you know a very hot topic here in Europe these years, and Alexandra must have been asked her opinion on that since she herself is an immigrant.
However she dodges that question, by saying that it is the largest humanitarian problem we have right now and that there is no simple answer but that she has confidence in the politicians doing their best to solve the problems.

She ends by stating that even though she has contemplated jobs abroad where she can work from a laptop, Denmark is where she belongs and she has no plans to settle elsewhere.

- Very intelligent answers as you can expect from Alexandra.

(*) That IMO is true. To that I will add this sentence: It could be a lot worse.
I broke my leg - but I didn't end up in a wheelchair.
I lost my job - but at least I can cope with the benefit I get.
My cellar and ground floor got flooded - but at least my house is still standing.
And so on...
That sentiment is literally cultivated here in DK!
If you end up in hospital after being run over by a bus, you can bet you entire fortune that at least one of your visitors will say: "It could be a lot worse! You could be dead."
- Actually when I have expressed my sympathy to someone here on TRF, I really have to reign in myself in order not to say something similar, as I might be misunderstood by other nationalities.

(**) I actually saw that on TV back in the 90's. She was standing next to Joachim and was talking to a reporter when she turned to Joachim and asked whether it was a "positive (loaded) word" I can't remember the word, but after Joachim's brief answer she continued her reply.

:flowers: But I can top that one, Iceflower. :D

https://www.bt.dk/royale/grevinde-alexandra-springer-ud-som-sangerinde-jeg-har-kun-et-liv

Alexandra has today launched a single, albeit for charity. The Swedish charity organization Star for Life in fact, which helps Children in southern Africa.
Later on she will be performing on stage in Sweden with the song at a charity concert.
The song was recorded in June, spending ten hours there just the first day!

She has kept this project totally secret to her children but when she played the song for them, separately, recently they recognized her voice on the spot.

Alexandra has always been fond of singing and she felt like trying something new and test her skills as a singer.
And on 10. November she will appear on stage in the Swedish town of Malmö.

The song is called Wash Me Away and you can hear a sample from the single in the article.

ADDED:
Again, Alexandra can't complain about lack of publicity!
Even the serious papers have written about it.
And right now her song is most downloaded on the charts.
https://www.bt.dk/royale/grevinde-alexandra-overhaler-lukas-graham-nummer-1-paa-itunes

It was so much fun recording this single, that she hasn't ruled out recording more songs.

Last edited:
https://www.bt.dk/royale/grevinde-alexandra-springer-ud-i-endnu-en-ny-karriere-jeg-var-lidt-nervoes

Alexandra has started a tour of DK, in which she will give ten lectures based on her book about getting to know Denmark.
Apart from the book, she will during the hour and a half the lecture lasts also speak about personal experiences, like how it was to live at Schackenborg, funny anecdotes about Joachim and QMII and her struggles learning Danish.

The first lecture, taking place in the town of Kolding, was sold out. 650 tickets were sold paying an average of 300 DKK. (40 € = 46 $ = 36 £)
The created a total income of 200.000 DKK, before taxes and expenses. (267.000 € = 306.000 $ = 242.000 £)
So if the other nine lectures sell just as well, Alexandra will earn some 2 million DKK in 2019, before taxes and expenses.

Alexandra has become a winter-bather.
They are people who go for a brief swim or at least a quick dip, at all time of year, especially in the winter.

The shock to your system should be very beneficial and it's a pretty popular activity here in DK.

As such she will take part in the Skagen Bathing Festival on 25-27 January.
With an official welcoming event in the evening of the 24th.
Alexandra will also bathe, alongside the other participants, with no special considerations made for her.
She, and the female chairman in charge of the event, will however wear a bathing suits.
It's optional if you wish to bath in the nude or wear a bathing suit.
It's understandable that Alexandra will wear a bathing suit as photographers and onlookers will be present.

Seeing people in the buff is not something extraordinary for those who venture out to a beach at this time of year.
There have been people who have complained, but they have been shouted down by the general public. As long as you don't bathe almost demonstratively right next to the general public, i.e. a busy street, you just have to accept the occasional sight of nude people.
And really, there isn't that much to see anyway. The water temperature right now is about two centimeters...

The majority of winter-bathers are actually women, with only about 20 % being men.

WARNING!
Do not click on this link if you are offended by the sight of nude people bathing.
https://ekstrabladet.dk/flash/konge...-vinterbader-faar-ikke-saerbehandling/7480847

ADDED.

More from BB, no nudity:
https://www.billedbladet.dk/kendte/international/adelhof/grevinde-alexandra-vinterbader-i-skagen

Last edited:
Today Alexandra went winter-bathing, as you can see in this photo.
https://www.bt.dk/kendte/se-billedet-alexandra-hoppede-i-vandet-i-januar

Not in the buff as the other more hardened winter bathers.

I can add that the temperature these days at no time has crept above freezing.

She tried winter bathing when she traveled DK researching for her book and seemingly developed a taste for it.

Last edited:
Today Alexandra went winter-bather, as you can see in this photo.
https://www.bt.dk/kendte/se-billedet-alexandra-hoppede-i-vandet-i-januar

Not in the buff as the other more hardened winter bathers.

I can add that the temperature these days at no time has crept above freezing.

She tried winter bathing when she traveled DK researching for her book and seemingly developed a taste for it.
Do you have many outside bath houses in Denmark? I think there's one in Copenhagen. They're quite common on my side of the water. My home town alone has two.

Hmm, I'm not sure what you mean.
So we probably don't.

This video illustrates how it works:

ADDED:

There is a green bathhouse in this video, is that what you mean? - They are not that common. Notice that most are elderly and naked! - There are also those who prefer to winter bathe at night.

Last edited:
Hmm, I'm not sure what you mean.
So we probably don't.

I think he meant that one bath you could see in the Carlsberg ad about "The Danish way" with Mads Mikkelsen. The one where he cycles around the bathing people. It's right in the beginning of the spot.After he cycles down the street and before he enters the square at Amalienborg.

Ah, I see.
Yes, there are a very few such facilities dotted all over DK.
They were and are mainly used by nudists, who wish to frolic and bathe near a very public area. But it is of course logic that winter-bathers should use these facilities as well.
However, most simply bathe from an ordinary beach or a small harbor.

But how does it feel to plunge yourself in icy waters, I hear you ask?
I've tried it a few times in the army and I did not like it! Probably because I was fully clothed.
First you experience a shock through your entire system! :eek:
Then your skin physically hurts for a brief period. :w00t:
You begin to be warm in your torso, as your body tries to protect your inner organs and keep them warm.
You will soon begin to feel numb in your extremities, as the blood flow is diverted from your arms and legs to your torso and head in an attempt to keep you alive and your blood warm. - And it's about now you should consider getting up.
A little while longer you can't sense your lower arms and lower legs and now you are unlikely to get up on your own... (That's about the time, we were pulled up in the army's medics course BTW.)
But you, you are a hardened winter-bather and know your body, so you get up in time, and when you feel your blood returning to your arms and legs , you literally feel like your whole body is on fire! :furious:
Your whole system is now working overtime in order to restore your normal temperature. :bounce:
If you get dry and inside you will feel a sensation of invigorating well-being for quite a while afterwards. ??

A lot of it is no doubt psychological. If you think: I'm going to contract pneumonia and die! - You are likely to have some negative effects from being in icy water.
But winter-bathers have a positive view on the whole thing. They firmly believe it will be stimulating, that their bodies can easily cope (it can) and that it's beneficial for their health. - So it works.
The shock to your system keeps it working and shifts your system up a gear or two. In the same way as regular exercise keeps your system running more smoothly.
Just as important is the social aspect. A number of people experience what to them is a very positive experience and have a chat (and often a schnapps) when inside and that is very beneficial for your health and general well-being as well.

-----------------

ADDED:

Here is a EB article with video of Alexandra taking the plunge:
https://ekstrabladet.dk/nyheder/samfund/alexandra-i-iskoldt-morgenbad/7489539

I'm a little confused, because judging from Alexandra's comments this appears to have been the first time for her.
Before going in the water she said, she'd like to get it over with.
But she felt great afterwards, even thought it was a short dip. And to someone else (a friend I imagine) she said that this was a great idea.

-----------------

And from BB: https://www.billedbladet.dk/kendte/...llede-grevinde-alexandra-vinterbader-i-skagen
It's mild today at Skagen, where Alexandra went, 0 degrees C. Here it's -4 C. (24.8 F)
The water is 3 degrees C. (37.4 F)

Last edited:
Thanks, Iceflower.

I can add that the different caps, the bathers are wearing, identify them as members of a particular winter-bather club.
After all, apart from using paint, there is little to tell them apart when they bathe stark-ravers. ;)

Thanks, Iceflower.

I can add that the different caps, the bathers are wearing, identify them as members of a particular winter-bather club.
After all, apart from using paint, there is little to tell them apart when they bathe stark-ravers. ;)

Thanks for this info: glad that the countess belongs to the clothes-wearing club:bang:

Summary of article in Billed Bladet #5, 2019.
Written by Ken Richter.

Along with 350 winter-bathers Alexandra took a dip at the most northern tip of DK, Skagen.
All wearing a knitted cap, making the club they belong to. Alexandra had been presented with hers the evening before. She belongs to the Icebreakers.
The event, Skagen Winter-bather Festivals takes place on the last weekend of January each year - in case anyone of you should like to go.
Most wore a bathing robe, which was taken off at the edge of the water.
Alexandra got under - almost - because only the tips of her hair got wet and then she rushed up again. Putting on a robe, gave a few comments and went up for a bowl of hot soup and dry clothes.

This was in fact the second time she tried winter-bathing. Almost a year ago, researching her book about the Danes and why were are happy, she tried going in. Also at Skagen.
With her went the chairwoman of the local winter-bathers, The Icebreakers, Mette Hust and her co-author, Rikke Hyldgaard.

Being pretty enthusiastic about this dip, she wouldn't promise doing it again though. Her sons think: "I'm a little crazy."

https://www.bt.dk/royale/grevinde-alexandras-privatsekretaer-og-hoejre-haand-stopper

Alexandra's secretary and right hand, Helle von Wildenrath Løvgreen, stopped.

No new secretary has been employed yet.
Instead requests are referred to an e-mail, which Alexandra will look after herself.

Helle von Wildenrath Løvgreen, who is a personal friend of Alexandra, stops because it takes up too much time in relation to other jobs she has - being a midwife (that alone should be fulltime, but perhaps she's a privately hired midwife?) co-owner of a restaurant (with her husband) and chairman of a political party in Copenhagen.
- The next general election must come before the Parliament leave for the summer holiday in June, so it could come any day now. The party she is a member of, Liberal Alliance, is currently in the government coalition, so when the general election is called she will be busy. Perhaps she is running for Parliament herself?

- Interestingly, if I were to pick the party Alexandra would vote for, if she votes at all, it would most likely be Liberal Alliance. In Danish context it's an ultra-liberal party. As low taxes as possible, as little government as possible, the public sector being as small as possible and so on...

Here is a link to a recent documentary/interview on Alexandra, given to a Chinese tv show. It also interviews Nikolai and Felix
https://v.qq.com/x/cover/693q66mmjbi...029htn7z0.html

a little awkward moment at minute 28:26...Felix lets it slip that she is usually in Switzerland..and then awkward silence when the host ask who watches him :D?

So, what do you make of that?

Don't know.

Alexandra does hold a seat on the board in a major Swiss pharmaceutical company - but how often does she need to go to Switzerland for that?
When Martin Jørgensen was around, it wasn't a problem, since he would look after Felix, but even though a teenager like Felix can easily figure out how to get up and go to school and feed himself, I wouldn't leave a teenager home alone unless it was really necessary.
So who looks after Felix and why hesitate that much about telling so?

The most natural reply would be that he stays with his father, wouldn't it?
And what would be wrong in that?

If Alexandra is away often, who is looking after Felix?
A friend of Alexandra?
Hardly Martin Jørgensen! But his parents, with whom certainly Felix seems to have a good relationship?

It doesn't make sense to me and I find it pretty odd.

Alexandra has found herself a new sweetheart.
https://www.bt.dk/royale/grevinde-alexandra-har-faaet-ny-kaereste

It is Tony Lindkold, a former police officer, now owner of a drone-photo company and co-owner of a carpenter firm. It is in the latter capacity the two met. His company was involved when Alexandra moved to her new house.

He should have met her two sons.
Both he and Alexandra have declined to comment to BT.

- I don't know how he looks like or how old he is.

This may also explain Felix and Nikolai's hesitation in the interview discussed above. Perhaps it has been Tony Lindkold who has kept an eye on Felix lately?

Don't know.

Alexandra does hold a seat on the board in a major Swiss pharmaceutical company - but how often does she need to go to Switzerland for that?
When Martin Jørgensen was around, it wasn't a problem, since he would look after Felix, but even though a teenager like Felix can easily figure out how to get up and go to school and feed himself, I wouldn't leave a teenager home alone unless it was really necessary.
So who looks after Felix and why hesitate that much about telling so?

The most natural reply would be that he stays with his father, wouldn't it?
And what would be wrong in that?

If Alexandra is away often, who is looking after Felix?
A friend of Alexandra?
Hardly Martin Jørgensen! But his parents, with whom certainly Felix seems to have a good relationship?

It doesn't make sense to me and I find it pretty odd.

I agree Muhler.
It could be clever editing but that awkward long pause after the host ask where they stay when Alexandra is away is weird.
Joachim would be the natural choice but I guess not :ermm:

Awkward! Why wouldn't Felix be with Joachim when Alexandra is away?

Summary of article in Billed Bladet #13, 2019.
Written by Dorte Quist.

For the past months Alexandra has been traveling DK, giving her lecture about how she became Danish, learned the language, got to know the culture and the mindset of the Danes.
So far her two hour session have been held for some 8.000 people.
Recently she gave her tenth and last lecture in Copenhagen, and her her sons and a number of her close friends were among the 800 guests.

One of the things she discovered when she came to DK and had children is the Danish jumpsuit for children. (I don't know how common they are in other countries, let alone how common they were elsewhere back in the 1990's. But here in DK they are practically mandatory! If I hadn't had children of my own, I would forgiven for thinking they are handed out when people leave the maternity ward.
This is a jump suit: https://bt.bmcdn.dk/media/cache/res...0/4496556-bt-forskud---f-mode-brn-i-sneen.jpg )

Back to Alexandra who had a chat with our reporter.
"I'm in the process of redefining my form of happiness. And when I have chosen to shut some doors, I have also chosen to open some new doors and in that context I don't think I'm done writing books."

She has enjoyed giving "live" lectures and people have been in good spirit. It also meant that she had to prepare herself thoroughly prior to the lectures.

She has on occasion been asked about her relationship with PH. "Then I tell that he was such a warm and lovely person, who was also the best grandpapa for my two boys."

There is now a man in her life.
His name is Bailey and they met in November in Rødover, a suburb of Copenhagen. And now he has moved in Alexandra's house. They often spend time going for walks in the ares, not least in the nearby popular Deer Garden.
Bailey is five years old and a Jack-Russel terrier.

Alexandra presented her book at the Nordic Meetings & Events Expo in Copenhagen today, March 28:

** ppe gallery **

Alexandra has recently been romantically associated with a new man, Tony Lindkold. That happened when she moved to her current house. Tony Lindkold, an entrepreneur was involved in various works on the house in connection with the takeover.
However, neither have confirmed nor denied, let alone commented on whether they are in a relationship of not.

Tony Lindkold is a former police officer who back in 2015 received a sentence for dealing with fake furnitures to Danish costumers from a business based in England.
But since the webpage of his business (and his partners) was also in Danish, very much directed at Danish costumers with delivery and payment services directly aimed at Danish consumers, this fell under the Danish legislation regarding marketing.
The result was that more than 600 fake copies of classic furnitures were confiscated and Tony Lindkold got a suspended sentence of one year in prison. On top of that he had to pay a reimbursement to his clients.
One of his two partners in this business had at various periods been a member of Hells Angels and Bandidos.

It has not been possible to ascertain whether Alexandra knew that Tony Lindkold had a prior record when she met him, nor whether she knew he had been closely connected to a gang-member.

https://realityportalen.dk/rcarticle/alexandras-kaereste-har-blakket-fortid-doemt-for-svindel/

Back
Top Bottom