Alexandra, Countess of Frederiksborg, Current Events Part 1: September 2015 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
More details: https://www.bt.dk/royale/alexandra-efter-overraskende-huskoeb-det-skal-hun-lave-nu

Alexandra has purchased a six-room, 215 square meter house.
(The average Danish home-owner family of four persons and a medium sized dog, lives in a house of some 120-160 square meters.)

Alexandra has given up her apanage of 2.4 million DKK - but instead she will receive a yearly pension of 600.000 DKK - of which she has to pay taxes.
That is double the average income of an average Dane, which in 2016 was calculated at 299.000 DKK. (Info from Danish Statistics - which is an interesting read, actually. See here: Statistics Denmark)

It is speculated that Alexandra might involve herself with NGO work but otherwise no do much work. Perhaps write a book.

On 15th January she will move from her current 300 square meter apartment, which she has rented (at a favorable price) from a businessman, to her new house.

Countess Alexandra has given an interview to TV's Mr. Nice Guy, Jes Dorph Petersen, which is to be aired tonight.

In that interview she speaks briefly about her children and the divorce, and unexpectedly being shown a clip of Nikolai, she's completely taken aback and tears up.

I hope you can see the clips. The one I'm referring to is the first clip: Alexandra overrasket af prins Nikolai i sjældent tv-interview - brød ud i tårer - TV 2

Here a well-articulated and confident Nikolai says about what he has learned from his mother:
"The most important thing my mother has taught me is to take responsibility, to help others you meet on your way. like she does, and stand up for what you do/live up to what you do. If you can say to yourself that this is right, you should dare do it/go ahead with it".

- I think Alexandra's reaction speaks for itself. That's a seriously proud mother!

In the last clip Alexandra explains that they from the beginning were open towards their children about the divorce and also why it didn't work.
She explains that she "has the second-best think to a happy marriage and that was a happy divorce".
She also says that she and Joachim have a very good relationship with each other and that the children can feel that.

That is a very proud mom indeed. Thank you for the translation Muhler.
And wow look at Nikolai's hair ;)

Thanks, Iceflower. ?

With details about her personal life and her sons. And just in time for Christmas. And by mid January we can get it for 30% less. Still a profit though. :D
I know, I'm a cynic.

That was however, more or less what the paper Jyllands Posten wrote today.

Did she cut her hair short again?

Not only Bollywood-esque, I can't say I care much for the straps-slipping-off-the-shoulders look.

I like it a lot! Beautiful portrait of a beautiful woman.

Nice to see Felix and Nikolai with their mother at the event. Nikolai really looks like Alexandra.
The portrait is beautiful but very glamorous and Hollywood-ish indeed.

Alexandra looks great-tanned an all.
(..)

Last edited by a moderator:

Speculative posts about possible cosmetic surgeries have been removed according to the TRF rules. Thank you for your understanding!

IMHO, this is an embarrassment to her sons and the royal family. Trying to prove age does not catch up with anyone......:bang:

Here is more on the pocaxandra painting: https://www.bt.dk/royale/maleri-af-sexet-alexandra-afsloeret-jeg-er-dybt-imponeret

According to the trashy gossip weekly Se & Hør, Alexandra said about the painting: "It's sexy, feminine and vulnerable. I'm deeply impressed that she has captured my expression."

The royalty expert I referred to in a previous post, (there are many experts you know) Søren Jacobsen, says: "Generally speaking it's inappropriate for a countess to have such a portrait of herself made. The picture is some way outside the normal guidelines - you don't see others in the countess and baroness-class having similar pictures made. It's a fail."

--------------

As for the reaction on the street: Well, judging from the comments and from the few who are even aware of the painting, the comments goes from: "What fun" - to "big deal" - to "interesting..." to unique..." to "that mush have been made when she was a bit firmer in the flesh."

Would Mary or our Marie get away with such a painting? IMO no. While few seems to genuinely care about this painting of Alexandra I'm certain most would find such a painting of Mary or Marie pretty tacky and poor art.
There are such paintings out there, but they are painted by amateurs and none are commissioned.

They remind me of the kitschy paintings of Native Americans, and while Native Americans have a very positive press here in Europe it's hardly great art:
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/e8/4f/dd/e84fdd30518234fb8239d98742772074.jpg

Are you ready for more details on the painting?

It really is art, you know. The artists say so, so it must be true.
https://www.bt.dk/royale/letpaaklae...r-afsloerer-skjulte-symboler-i-kontroversielt

Alexandra's private secretary, Helle von Wildenrath Løvgren, explains that it was the artist who decided that Alexandra should be somewhat less than fully dressed. And she adds:
"The Countess is very enthusiastic about it and think there are many subtle details have been included. She's really pleased with it. As I have heard it myself, it's a tribute to the woman. So there is full understanding for her being portrayed in this manner.
The Countess is very fond of the paintings and way of expression of the artist."

The artist, Lill-Marlen Elnegaard, explains that prior to the actual painting a number of photos were made and she asked Alexandra to bring along a low-cut dress. "I use the skin as a part of telling the story when I portrait women. In that way I can paint small patterns that goes over the skin. So in relations to my way of painting it's better if the women isn't wearing too much clothes. And she was in on that, fortunately.
The bare skin and the nakedness takes away focus on her being a countess and shows that she is just a woman like the rest of us, who has gone through life with sorrows and pains and joys and successes."

This painting as a part of series the artists have made, even though Alexandra is the only well-known woman she has painted.
It all started some two years ago, when the two women met at an art-fair.
Through a number of conversations the artist got to know Alexandra, so that she could incorporate a number of symbols into the painting.
They include Alexandra's coat of arms and a world-map symbolizing the many journeys Alexandra has made during her life.

You can feast your eyes on the skin... I means symbols in this photo: https://bt.bmcdn.dk/media/cache/resolve/image_1240/image/114/1145948/20956231-alex.jpg

Are you ready for more details on the painting?

It really is art, you know. The artists say so, so it must be true.
https://www.bt.dk/royale/letpaaklae...r-afsloerer-skjulte-symboler-i-kontroversielt

Alexandra's private secretary, Helle von Wildenrath Løvgren, explains that it was the artist who decided that Alexandra should be somewhat less than fully dressed. And she adds:
"The Countess is very enthusiastic about it and think there are many subtle details have been included. She's really pleased with it. As I have heard it myself, it's a tribute to the woman. So there is full understanding for her being portrayed in this manner.
The Countess is very fond of the paintings and way of expression of the artist."

The artist, Lill-Marlen Elnegaard, explains that prior to the actual painting a number of photos were made and she asked Alexandra to bring along a low-cut dress. "I use the skin as a part of telling the story when I portrait women. In that way I can paint small patterns that goes over the skin. So in relations to my way of painting it's better if the women isn't wearing too much clothes. And she was in on that, fortunately.
The bare skin and the nakedness takes away focus on her being a countess and shows that she is just a woman like the rest of us, who has gone through life with sorrows and pains and joys and successes."

This painting as a part of series the artists have made, even though Alexandra is the only well-known woman she has painted.
It all started some two years ago, when the two women met at an art-fair.
Through a number of conversations the artist got to know Alexandra, so that she could incorporate a number of symbols into the painting.
They include Alexandra's coat of arms and a world-map symbolizing the many journeys Alexandra has made during her life.

You can feast your eyes on the skin... I means symbols in this photo: https://bt.bmcdn.dk/media/cache/resolve/image_1240/image/114/1145948/20956231-alex.jpg

I'm sure it's not intentional, but I find it hilarious that on the one hand the artist claims that the bare skin shows that she is just a woman like any other, while at the same time the bare skin is used as a background for her coat of arms. Because we all have a coat of arms, right? All us ordinary women, that is. :whistling:

Is Alexandra still popular and considered "royalty" in Denmark? Since her divorce is she more popular?
Thanks

The short and sweet answer to both questions is IMO: no.

She is still considered a little special by most I think, but rapidly becoming just another celebrity.
Fading away, she is of course not as popular as she used to be. The sometimes troubled marriage and later divorce from Martin Jørgensen haven't helped. And also that it seemingly took a considerable degree of public pressure for her to "voluntarily" give up her apanage didn't make it better.

Some still see her in a positive light, others in a negative light but I'll claim that most are pretty indifferent to her.

I'm sorry to say, I don't care for the portrait at all. It just isn't my cup of tea, Alexandra is a beautiful woman, but even though the portrait is by an artist of talent, it does look too "celeb". Well, it isn't me and I guess her sons approve of it.

The short and sweet answer to both questions is IMO: no.

She is still considered a little special by most I think, but rapidly becoming just another celebrity.
Fading away, she is of course not as popular as she used to be. The sometimes troubled marriage and later divorce from Martin Jørgensen haven't helped. And also that it seemingly took a considerable degree of public pressure for her to "voluntarily" give up her apanage didn't make it better.

Some still see her in a positive light, others in a negative light but I'll claim that most are pretty indifferent to her.
You nailed it, Muhler ?

Alexandra's "semi autobiography" has been published.

https://ekstrabladet.dk/flash/konge...vinden-naevner-ikke-martin-med-et-ord/7326222

She describes her life in DK how she adapted to and came to love a new country, culture and language and she describes her present life and her love for her sons and her very good relationship with Joachim and our Marie, even though she admits the divorce was painful.
All that has been intermingled with speculations and statistics about how and why DK is so often considered the most happy country in the world.
All in a 276 page book.

However... it has been very much noticed that Martin Jørgensen is not mentioned with one single word.
Despite Alexandra being married to him for eight years. That I guess is pretty telling...

Follow-up.

Summary of interview in Billed Bladet #39, 2018.
Interviewer: Trine Larsen.

The interview is based on the book mentioned above and the interesting about this interview is not what is being said, which really isn't much, but what is not said!
Martin Jørgensen is not mentioned with a word! Not by Alexandra. Not in the article. No photo. Nothing!

Apart from that it's a very cheerful Alexandra who feels very much at ease with the interviewer. They have after all known each other since Alexandra came to DK and Trine Larsen has followed Alexandra on the job both as princess and later as countess. In fact Alexandra decides they should be on informal you at the beginning of this interview.

Alexandra talks a little about how it was to settle and adjust to a new life and culture and the inevitable mistakes. How she tried winter-bathing - once! And that's probably it...
She feels happy now and there is no new man in her life. (And this is as close as we get to Martin Jørgensen.)
It was a little overwhelming to become a mother, when Nikolai dropped in some 19 years ago! Would she ever again have just two hours on her own?!? But it gets easier.
She's proud of her sons and think they are good looking. She is glad they are still close to her and haven't grown away from her.
They are considerate. Recently Nikolai went on a field exercise for two days. he phoned her before he went away and again when he returned, so that she wouldn't worry.
Felix is still living at home and they have a cozy time together, not least because Felix has a great sense of humor.
She finds it moving to see her sons with their younger half-siblings.

One thing recently that angered her and made her react, was when Nikolai graduated from high school. A certain magazine wrote an article angling the story into how Alexandra seemingly snubbed our Marie and was seemingly jealous of her and that they should have a bad relationship. That made Alexandra issue a press statement denying the whole story.

She's very much a monarchist, which is hardly surprising.

- But that's about it. Not much news, except...

Back
Top Bottom