The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Denmark
Click Here to Login

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 01-12-2021, 03:13 PM
Imperial Majesty

This is on another topic.

It's a Chinese docu covering Alexandra as a person, her life and her children.
It lasts some 45 minutes, with English subtitles.
You can watch it in this article: https://www.bt.dk/royale/alexandra-m...ham-paa-holdet

I can't remember off hand whether this has been shown before. But no time for check gotta go.

Old 01-12-2021, 04:15 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post
This is on another topic.

It's a Chinese docu covering Alexandra as a person, her life and her children.
It lasts some 45 minutes, with English subtitles.
You can watch it in this article: https://www.bt.dk/royale/alexandra-m...ham-paa-holdet

I can't remember off hand whether this has been shown before. But no time for check gotta go.
It was, early 2019.
I still remember the awkward pause when Felix is asked who watches over him when Alexandra is out of the country. He did not say Joachim, who was still living in Denmark at this time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by polyesco View Post
Here is a link to a recent documentary/interview on Alexandra, given to a Chinese tv show. It also interviews Nikolai and Felix
https://v.qq.com/x/cover/693q66mmjbi...029htn7z0.html

a little awkward moment at minute 28:26...Felix lets it slip that she is usually in Switzerland..and then awkward silence when the host ask who watches him
Quote:
Don't know.

Alexandra does hold a seat on the board in a major Swiss pharmaceutical company - but how often does she need to go to Switzerland for that?
When Martin Jørgensen was around, it wasn't a problem, since he would look after Felix, but even though a teenager like Felix can easily figure out how to get up and go to school and feed himself, I wouldn't leave a teenager home alone unless it was really necessary.
So who looks after Felix and why hesitate that much about telling so?

The most natural reply would be that he stays with his father, wouldn't it?
And what would be wrong in that?

If Alexandra is away often, who is looking after Felix?
A friend of Alexandra?
Hardly Martin Jørgensen! But his parents, with whom certainly Felix seems to have a good relationship?

It doesn't make sense to me and I find it pretty odd.

Old 01-12-2021, 04:40 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
The prices, despite Corona, are back to pre-financial crisis level - and activity.

I'll guess that she will be able to sell at or near the price she has set, with a little patience.

At 240 square meters, it's a big house, but not extraordinary big. Some 80-100 Square meters larger than an average family house in DK.
And looking at the floor plan, where is the WC only for guests?
The location (Charlottenlund, a posh part of Copenhagen) is at least half the price IMO.

In the part of DK where we live. I.e. rural but 20 minutes from a major town and 30-45 min to a city, 15 million DKK will buy us a manor house.

Muhler-I was surprised that there was no "powder room" or guest toilet for this house. Looks like the guests have to use the bathroom that her sons use. Which could be quite an adventure for her guests if they're not used to teens/young adults.

Contemporary home with what appears to be a beautiful garden.
Old 01-12-2021, 05:38 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLLK View Post
Muhler-I was surprised that there was no "powder room" or guest toilet for this house. Looks like the guests have to use the bathroom that her sons use. Which could be quite an adventure for her guests if they're not used to teens/young adults.

Contemporary home with what appears to be a beautiful garden.
Indeed.
For 15 million I want a place where my guests can "wash their hands" preferably two.

Location is an odd thing!
Around where we live such a house (without a toilet for the guests...) would cost 5 million, max. And be in top condition. And have a 24/7 hot-tub for the passing songbirds!
Where my in-laws live it would cost 3 million, tops. But okay, that's out where the pigs wear number plates.
It's probably the Jutlander in me speaking (we have a near and dear relationship with our money) but DK isn't bigger than you can easily get around by car within a reasonable time, so why you'd buy such an expensive house is beyond me.

And I bet the apartment she is going to buy in downtown Copenhagen will cost her at least 10 million, despite being smaller. Normal, reasonably well paid middle-class couples, with steady jobs and a guaranteed steady income for life can hardly afford anything but one bedroom apartments in central Copenhagen.

Thanks, Polyesco.

So that's the one.
BB, that also writes about this story, mention that Alexandra spend a good deal of time visiting her mother around that time.
https://www.billedbladet.dk/kongelig...-saelger-huset
Old 01-14-2021, 12:56 PM
Heir Presumptive

The house is quite small 240 square meters is about 2583 square feet. My own home is larger than that.
I'm wondering if she is doing it for financial reasons.

Sure Felix will move out soon but he and Nikolai I presume will be visiting with girlfriends. Not to mention her siblings and elderly parents need a room for when they visit.
Old 01-14-2021, 02:08 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alisa View Post
The house is quite small 240 square meters is about 2583 square feet. My own home is larger than that.
I'm wondering if she is doing it for financial reasons.

Sure Felix will move out soon but he and Nikolai I presume will be visiting with girlfriends. Not to mention her siblings and elderly parents need a room for when they visit.
Perhaps it's an investment?
Old 01-22-2021, 07:56 AM
Aristocracy

Is Alexandra allowed to be political given she is no longer a member of the DRF? I didn't know when she was receiving her Appanage people may have seen it inappropriate, for her to speak publicly about politics and also the fact that her public profile is down to her being married to a royal and she is the mother of two Danish Princes and is a Countess, whether these things might make people think it would be unwise of her to discuss politics publicly?

Tags
countess alexandra, current events