200th Anniversary of Norway's Constitution - Events in Denmark: May 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The bicentenary concert in Copenhagen:
Se billederne: Her fejrer den danske og norske kongefamilie Norges løsrivelse fra Danmark | www.bt.dk

A gallery about CP Haakon together with Frederik in Roskilde at the tomb of Prince/ King Chr. Frederik:
Se billederne: To kronprinser – én historie | www.bt.dk

Love this one with Haakon looking extremely handsome:
http://a.bimg.dk/node-images/394/7/...restilling-i-operaen-to-lande-en-historie.jpg

and Queen Sonja lovely:
http://a.bimg.dk/node-images/394/7/1152x-u/7394481-.jpg

Last edited:
:previous: I agree about Haakon. He certainly lives up to his nickname, Hotkon ;) :p :D. I like it when the Scandinavian Royals get together in events like this, they seem to enjoy each other's company a lot. I remember reading multiple times that most of them are very close.
Does anyone know why Mette-Marit wasn't there? All the others are present excluding King Carl Gustaf and Queen Silvia whom I think had an event that night, so perhaps she was ill.

Last edited:
:previous: I agree about Haakon. He certainly lives up to his nickname, Hotkon ;) :p :D. I like it when the Scandinavian Royals get together in events like this, they seem to enjoy each other's company a lot. I remember reading multiple times that most of them are very close.
Does anyone know why Mette-Marit wasn't there? All the others are present excluding King Carl Gustaf and Queen Silvia whom I think had an event that night, so perhaps she was ill.

I don't think Mette-Marit was ill. She wasn't listed for this event in the calendar from the beginning. Same for King Harald, who also didn't attend...

Last edited:

Not everyone was there - King Harald stayed in Norway, too!
And the swedish royal couple wasn´t there because this was a purely danish-norwegian affair (the concerts name was "2 countries, one history").

Very good pics of Mary and Marie's dresses at the opera: Extravagant dresses at stormy gala event - Royalista

I see our Marie is wearing a bow on her shoulder. I thought it was a ribbon for an order, but it's a bowtie, so presumablt that's part of the dress.
Mary's dress is from Erdem. Shoes and clutch from Prada.

:previous: Hmm, it's the first time I noticed it and have to admit it really doesn't belong there.

I've been wondering about the blue ribbon worn by our Marie.

I agree with Marg, even I think it's odd as a part of a dress, so I wonder if it's a "female ribbon" to an order. And I've been doing a little digging and so far I haven't found anything.
The light blue color indicates that it might be one of the Danish comamorative orders/medals.

However I've also noted that both Frederik, Haakon and Joachim wore a little thing on their lapels. not the same thing though: http://a.bimg.dk/node-images/394/7/...restilling-i-operaen-to-lande-en-historie.jpg
Se billederne: Her fejrer den danske og norske kongefamilie Norges løsrivelse fra Danmark | www.bt.dk

A Danish MP is here seen wearing something on his lapel that resembles what Haakon is wearing: Se billederne: Her fejrer den danske og norske kongefamilie Norges løsrivelse fra Danmark | www.bt.dk

Perhaps someone with knowledge can help? :)

I think these are the miniature versions of the danish and norwegian orders respectively worn at black tie events other than white tie/ uniform and tiara events where full orders with sashes are used.

I don't think Mette-Marit was ill. She wasn't listed for this event in the calendar from the beginning. Same for King Harald, who also didn't attend...

Not everyone was there - King Harald stayed in Norway, too!
And the swedish royal couple wasn´t there because this was a purely danish-norwegian affair (the concerts name was "2 countries, one history").

Thanks for responding. :flowers: I overlooked the fact that King Harald wasn't in attendance. I mentioned Silvia and Carl Gustaf because they had attended a previous event in connection with the 200th Anniversary.

Due to events in the Middle East a couple of thousand years ago, Billed Bladet is out today this week.

Summary of article in Billed Bladet #22, 2014.
Written by our reporter at the Opera, Annelise Weimann.

On a windy evening the Regent Couple and the Norwegian Queen Sonja, opted to sail in a chaluppe across the harbour to the Opera.
QMII wearing a dress by Birgitte Thaulow.
Benedikte as well and Mary and Frederik, not to mention Joachim and our Marie, and last but not least Crown Prince Haakon perhaps more prudently opted to drive to the Opera.
Haakon had spend the night at M&F's place.

Marie wore a dress by Max Azria and shoes by Jimmy Choo, while Mary wore a dress by Erdem, complete with shoes and a clutch from Prada.

The show lasted three hours and during the intermission the DRF and guest mingled with other guests, among them the Norwegian PM, Erna Solberg. The Danish PM, the omnipresent (alas) Helle Thorning. - Judging from the pics, the Norwegian PM is more formidable looking than ours...

------------

:previous: You are no doubt right, Wartenberg7. Unfortunately there is no close up og any of the miniatures in BB.

Summary of note in Billed Bladet #22, 2014.
Written by Ulrik Ulriksen.

At 15.00 Friday afternoon Frederik and Haakon took part in a remembrance service at Roskilde Cathedral in honor of the 200th anniversary of the Norwegian Constitution.
A couple of hundred people, mostly women, it was noted, stood outside the church and according to our reporter they were not disappointed!
I quote Ulrik Ulriksen: Denmark's Crown Prince Frederik and Norway's Crown Prince Haakon are a couple of good looking guys who attract a lot of attention -

- Also a couple of hundred enthusiastic local fans, in particular many women, had showed up in front of the church in order to see the two crown princess. No one was disappointed, because Frederik and Haakon looked fantastic in their grand uniforms and on top of that the two gentlemen smiled and waved a lot to their many fans. - End quote.

Upon leaving they both thanked the bishop, Haakon said: "Thank you for a good experience and a grand celebration of the day".

---------------

But others had the pleasure of seeing Frederik in his full dress uniform that day.
The Navy Museum in Copenhagen was to open a new exhibition. And it was Frederik who opened it. Frederik opted to sail to the museum and that meant that he in full uniform, complate with sabre, medals and adjutant strolled out from Amalienborg, delighting quite a few tourists, went across a street, through a very small garden and down to the quay. Some 150 meters or so. Where the chaluppe from Dannebrog was waiting.

At the museum he opened the exhibition and together with the Danish Minister for Defence as well as the Norwegian ambassador he was guided through the exhibtion. Which as the theme had Denmark and Norways common history from a double monarchy to the present day seafaring nations. And manily from a naval perspective.

- There is actually a very good pic of Frederik in the article but I don't think I dare show it here. There are members (I need not name names) who won't be able to handle it... :p

Last edited:
Summary of note in Billed Bladet #22, 2014.
Written by Ulrik Ulriksen.

(...)

- There is actually a very good pic of Frederik in the article but I don't think I dare show it here. There are members (I need not name names) who won't be able to handle it... :p

Do it, Muhler :D

BB informs us that Haakon stayed and spent the night home at Frederik and Mary during his visit in Denmark.

Back
Top Bottom