121st IOC Session and 13th Olympic Congress in Copenhagen: October 1-9, 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JessRulz

Former Administrator
City
Melbourne
Country
Australia
The 121st International Olympic Committee Session and the 13th Olympic Congress will take place in Copenhagen between October 1st and 9th this year.

The election of the host for the 2016 Summer Olympic Games will take place on October 2nd, between the cities of Chicago, Tokyo, Rio de Janeiro and Madrid.

Various senior royals from houses across the globe will be attending the event, as IOC members and supporting their nations' bid for the 2016 Games.

Post information, news and photos of the royals attending this event here.

Please remember the TRF Rules and FAQ when posting, namely:
  • In order to legally post copyrighted material, you must obtain written permission from the copyright owner.
  • No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
  • It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles.
  • Hotlinking of content from other websites is not permitted.
  • We expect our members to treat each other with respect.
  • Opinions should be backed up by reference to published reports.
Thank you,
The TRF Moderating Team

Last edited:
Program for the Session and Congress

October 1st
13:00 - Queen Margrethe and Prince Henrik host a luncheon at Christian VII's Palace for the International Olympic Committee.
18:00 - Opening Ceremony of the 121st IOC Session at the Copenhagen Opera House. To be attended by Queen Margrethe, Prince Henrik, Crown Prince Frederik, Crown Princess Mary and Princess Benedikte.

October 2nd
08:30 to 18:00 - 121st IOC Session at the Bella Centre. Presentations of the Candidate Cities. Election of the 2016 Summer Olympic Games host by the IOC Members.
18:30 - Announcement of the 2016 Summer Olympic Games host by IOC President, Jacques Rogge, during a reception at the Bella Centre.
19:30 to 20:15 - Press Conference with the host of the 2016 Summer Olympic Games at the Bella Centre.

October 3rd-5th
13th Olympic Congress at the Bella Centre. Crown Prince Frederik will attend the opening day (he is a candidate for IOC membership).

October 4th
19:30 - Reception hosted by the City of Copenhagen for the IOC at the Copenhagen Town Hall.

October 6th
10:00 to 16:00 - IOC Members Cultural Activity Day at Kronburg Castle.
19:30 - Dinner hosted by the IOC President for IOC Members at the Marriott Hotel.

October 7th-9th
121st IOC Session at the Bella Centre.

October 9th
16:00 - Reception hosted by the 13th Olympic Congress Organising Committee at Tivoli Gardens.

Before the event starts, I would just like to remind everyone that this thread is for news and photos on royals/royal attended events at the IOC Session.

Information regarding Presidential attendance (Obama, da Silva, etc) and what they are doing in Copenhagen should be posted in the Olympic Games 2016 - It's decision time in Copenhagen, October 2nd thread in the 'In The News' forum. Posts relating specifically to a President/public figure with no royal mention will be moved if they are posted here.

Please also post preferences on candidate cities in that thread too.

Thank you :flowers:
JessRulz for the Danish Moderators

Last edited by a moderator:
:previous:
Should be a good all round royal event. :flowers:
Does anyone know where the royal delagations are staying? At Amalienborg? :)

While the royals are staying are they treated by Denmark as if they are on a State Visit or private business?

Many royals are attending this event who are part of the IOC and repreenting their country, how come they arent invited? I know that the Bahraini delegation are already in Denmark (members of the ruiling family)

Ugh...Oprah's attending. I'm sure Ms. Winfrey will be loving that! Perhaps no one told her Her Royal Majesty Queen Raaniaaaa isn't present...:D

I certainly hope we get to see alot of photo's over the next week. Notably where royals are concerned, naturally. And the Obama's...I quite like them.

It's going to be a great day with many beautiful pics I hope!!

Michelle and Mary are going to meet each other!!!

Michelle....I usually love your clothes but what are you wearing?!

Mary looks great as always. Does she ever have a bad clothes day? No need to answer, I know she does.

I am sorry, I love Queen Margethe...but if I see that suit one more time.

Henrik and Frederick look good.

Sorry to digress into fashion. It looks like this was a nice visit. I wish I understood Danish!

Last edited:
Danish Crown Princess Mary (L) and Danish Crown Prince Frederik wave after arriving by boat for the opening ceremony of the 121st session of the International Olympic Congress on October 1, 2009 in Copenhagen. The International Olympic Committee (IOC) will vote on the destiny of the 2016 Summer Olympic Games on October 2, 2009 in Copenhagen after a final round battle between Chicago, Madrid, Tokyo and Rio de Janeiro.

http://picture.belga.be/belgapicture/picture/prev/15634240.jpg
http://picture.belga.be/belgapicture/picture/prev/15634100.jpg

I love how CP Mary curtseyed to Queen Sophia; how polite. :flowers:
Beautiful pictures and wonderful videos. :)

PPE Agency

:flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:
i think she use the jewel seen the first time in 2005 visit to germany those are really beautiful

Princess Mary is indeed a wonderful princess, always polite and classy. She's the princess who never disappointed my expectations :flowers:

Queen Sofia looks lovely as always.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom