Royal Family of Belgium - Current Events, Part 7 (Jan. 2009 - July 2013)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
More pics
Queen Paola and Princess Claire attends the 'Cobra' exhibition at Beaux-Arts Museum. 01/28/2009.
Gallery IBL

Pics 17.2.2009

Princess Astrid, Queen Paola, King Albert I, Prince Philippe, Princess
Mathilde and Princess Claire, attend a special mess for deceased
members of royal family, Tuesday 17 February 2009, in Laken, Belgium

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

nice picture iceflwer and giov !
the royal ladys looks great ! specialy princess Matilde she looks stanning in black and i like the bandeau with the brooch !

Lovely photos!!!!! Mathilde is soo pretty.
Mathilde looks fantastic and elegant.

Thank you for the photos. Yes, indeed, how beautiful (and inspiring) is CP Mathilde's bandeau with the brooch.

Beautiful! The church that they are in is very lovely. I love the paintings in the background.

The Belgian Royal family looked great, especially Queen Paola and Crown Princess Mathilde. Prince Laurent did not attend the service, did he?

It seems that bandeaus are the new fashion thing...
Three princesses in a row:
Mathilde - Astrid - Claire

More belga pics of the mass

Any idea where Laurent was today? He was scheduled to attend.

It was specially because of the 75 birthday of King Albert the first's (l for MAfan) dead , He was the grandfather of our King Albert II.
In the afternoon King Albert II went alone to Marche-les-Dames , place where happened the accident where King Albert I died. (1934)
A million persons assisted at his funerals , the royals present at the funeral never saw that..
And one year later in August 1935 , Belgium lost his beloved young Queen Astrid , again in an accident and again more than 1 million persons in the streets...
Belgium had to wait until the 15 th of December the most important day , the day of King Baudouin's wedding , when we saw for the first time our already beloved new Queen Fabiola, wearing for the first time the Queen's tiara worn by Queen Astrid.
And we saw our King Baudouin happy and smiling..They were so happy until the King's unexpectec dead in 1993 when he was only 63 years old.
Our King Albert II succeeded perfectly to his brother.. He is popular in the whole country , and managed well our recent politics troubles.
But after him ???

Does anybody know if the earrings and brooch that princess Astrid is wearing are real?

I liked the way the Queen looked, not to sure about the bandeau's of the princesses though.

It was specially because of the 75 birthday of King Albert the first's (l for MAfan) dead , He was the grandfather of our King Albert II.
In the afternoon King Albert II went alone to Marche-les-Dames , place where happened the accident where King Albert I died. (1934)
A million persons assisted at his funerals , the royals present at the funeral never saw that..
And one year later in August 1935 , Belgium lost his beloved young Queen Astrid , again in an accident and again more than 1 million persons in the streets...
Belgium had to wait until the 15 th of December the most important day , the day of King Baudouin's wedding , when we saw for the first time our already beloved new Queen Fabiola, wearing for the first time the Queen's tiara worn by Queen Astrid.
And we saw our King Baudouin happy and smiling..They were so happy until the King's unexpectec dead in 1993 when he was only 63 years old.
Our King Albert II succeeded perfectly to his brother.. He is popular in the whole country , and managed well our recent politics troubles.
But after him ???
After him, my hopes for Belgium are in Philippe and Mathilde; maybe a Belgian born Queen can help to overcome the troubles of your Country...

I wonder if the princesses discussed their choice of headwear ahead of time? They all seem to coordinate.

I hope that Laurent is okay. Has anyone heard the reason for his absence?

Oh that are beautifull pics from all of them the girls are very modern with there hair, lovely!!

Oh that are beautifull pics from all of them the girls are very modern with there hair, lovely!!

I totally agree with you.
I love Princess Claire's hair. Very Stylish.
x

I thought Claire looked like a mess. The other princesses were better, especially Mathilde IMO.

Pics 12.3.2009

Queen Paola and Princess Claire visited the exhibition
"From Van Dijck to Bellotto" at the Bozar, the fine arts
center of Brussels, March 12, 2009

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 **

It appears that Queen Paola has got good relationships with one of her daughters-in-law. Both ladies definetely enjoyed undertaking this official engagement.

It seems they enjoy those joined engagements, that's always
nice to see :) In the meantime I was able to find some
more pics from yesterday - the flower pics are really nice :

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 **

Queen Paola and Princess Claire seems very close to each other. Thanks for the pictures, IceFlower.:flowers:

Pics 30.4.2009

Again an event for Paola and Claire together :)

Princess Claire and Queen Paola from Belgium visit the
Charles the Bold exhibition at the Groeninge Museum,
April 30, 2009

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** belga gallery **

Last edited by a moderator:
I love seeing Paola and Claire together! They seem like they have a close relationship. Both ladies looked beautiful today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom