Princess Louise and Princes Nicolas and Aymeric - News and Pictures 1

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh that's not true, you've got a great range of clothes for pregnant women nowadays (even if they're expecting triplets ;)), and she's got certainly enough money to afford it. Couturiers don't stop making clothes for you when you're pregnant either...

No don't get mad at me, I just don't think her trousers were doing her any favour.
And expecting twins can be physically more tiring but it isn't as though it's like going through hell (if all goes well that is). I've been pregnant twice and apart from the sickness in the beginning it's just really a wonderfull experience that women are priviledged to live.

Hannelore said:
Oh that's not true, you've got a great range of clothes for pregnant women nowadays (even if they're expecting triplets ;)), and she's got certainly enough money to afford it. Couturiers don't stop making clothes for you when you're pregnant either...

No don't get mad at me, I just don't think her trousers were doing her any favour.
And expecting twins can be physically more tiring but it isn't as though it's like going through hell (if all goes well that is). I've been pregnant twice and apart from the sickness in the beginning it's just really a wonderfull experience that women are priviledged to live.

You're right... I'm sure we'll see Claire in magnificient gala clothes in a few time...;

You have pregnant twice with twins? I'd love to have twins... Wasn't it too hard when they grow up?

No no I've never had twins. Having twins twice would be a bit much for me :) But back to Claire...

Pics of Louise at the photoshoot in 2004.

Isopix, with Jelka's help.

Louise is now the big sister of two little boys! What an experience to be big sisters of twins!

What an adorable little lady:)! She looks like her father, but she definately has Claire's eyes!

Princess Louise celebrated yesterday ( 06-02) her second birthday !!!

Happy Birthday Louise !

In my newspaper ( Het Belang van Limburg) was written today :

Princess Claire and Prince Laurent want to show their twins , Nicolas and Aymeric , who were born 6 weeks earlier then expect .They want to show them very soon , so everybody can see there's nothing wrong with the boys , who are healthy and doing fine.
Laurent told wednesday that Claire had give her permission .
" We understand that people want to see our boys , but we had a difficult time , and we want to keep our misery inside the family "

So we can expect any day now the FIRST pictures of twinboys , Nicolas and Aymeric !:)

================================

Part 1 of this thread can be found here:

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f29/twin-princes-nicolas-aymeric-claire-laurent-current-events-part-1-a-8254.html

Last edited by a moderator:
Misery? What does she mean?

Kelly said:
Misery? What does she mean?

The twins were premature, so naturally Laurent and Claire must have been worried. They should have been in the womb six more weeks. They were underweight so if they had taken pictures right away, there would have been a lot of "they're not heavy enough, maybe they're not fed enough" etc. which is completely ridiculous but you know tabloids. IMO Claire and Laurent just waited until the twins gained weight and were more in the normal range. I'm sure Claire and Laurent also wanted to spend time with Nicolas and Amyeric and Louise before exposing the boys to the press.

The other thing is if they had released pictures to the press, those pictures may have been repeated and they would have been reminded always that there boys were so small when they were born. Also with premie's it is possible that they had breathing and eating problems which might have been reflected in the pictures.

Even if the boys were healthy right from birth, there is a certain amount of anxiety associated with premature births. It IS very stressful (and I know from first hand experience) and I can completely understand why they have waited until their family was settled and the boys were thriving before presenting them to the media.

Eliza

azile1710 said:
Even if the boys were healthy right from birth, there is a certain amount of anxiety associated with premature births. It IS very stressful (and I know from first hand experience) and I can completely understand why they have waited until their family was settled and the boys were thriving before presenting them to the media.

Eliza
At least some good news.
I hope it will be soon I can't wait

Sometimes preemies are unattractive, as they are very small and wizened. They fill out and they look fine. It is difficult for parents to think that others would think their children are "ugly". It all evens out. They will look fine. It must be hard druing those times for the parents. I assume that is what she meant.

First see, then believe...:mad:
I'm very ready with them since they don't react to cards and such...
Ofcourse the little ones can't help that, but Laurent and Claire are not my favourites...:mad:

I completely understand Claire and Laurent's reaction. Having twins is very stressful and is giving more "trouble" than having a single kind. I just suppose the babies are now fine.
Furthermore, the belgian RF is setting a photo-session every year in May or June, so I guess we'll see all the babies soon.

Please do not turn this new thread into a continuous one on Nicolas & Aymeric's looks.
Thank you.

Jess
Belgian Forum Moderator

Laurent and Claire did the right thing by keeping their babies out of the spotlight since they were prem babies. Having had a prem baby myself, I can just imagine what they were going through. Nevertheless I am looking forward to seeing pics of the twins.

Stellad

"Out of the spotlight" ?

I agree they don't want to put them in the spotlight but it is putting them in the spotlight to supply the press and the Belgian people (who love Laurent et Claire" with a pic when the twins have gained a little weight ????:eek:
We only ask for a little pic !

I agree with you Stellad, but the twins are now almost six months old and still no pictures have been released...the longer they leave it, the more people will speculate.

Lady Louise was premature too, and her parents waited something like two months to release official portraits, once she had gained a bit of weight. I wonder why Laurent and Claire are waiting so long - I hope everything is okay with the little ones?

but i knew that Laurent and Claire always smart of their twins baby boys stay out of spotlights because not wanted steal the spotlights its really hards for that.

like Sophie,Countess of Wessex always knew about her daughter wanted stay out of spotlight dues respect her i cant blame her mostly parents who is royals wanted show or not cant blame for that.

Pictures are always at the discretion of the parents. Laurent and Claire are under no obligation to release pictures of their children to the public unless they want to. The best we can do is hope for pictures to satisfy our curiosities but at the end of the day, it's up to Laurent and Claire. Plus, the twins were in a shaky situation after birth and twin births are always high risk. I don't blame them to want to shelter and coddle their twins first without presenting them to the public yet.

Laurent said a week ago they would release pics soon: they had some "misery" with the babies but now everything was ok and Claire agrees to show pics.

Nichola said:
I agree with you Stellad, but the twins are now almost six months old and still no pictures have been released...the longer they leave it, the more people will speculate.

Lady Louise was premature too, and her parents waited something like two months to release official portraits, once she had gained a bit of weight. I wonder why Laurent and Claire are waiting so long - I hope everything is okay with the little ones?

Maybe they are waiting for some official holiday or something- a special occasion to release pictures. Didn't they release pictures of Lady Louise at Christmas or her baptism.

I wouldn't be surprised if they did have a rough time... Don't forget that besides the twins they have little Louise running around. And two-year old's aren't exactly the easiest years! They aren't called the "Terrible Two's" for nothing!

Also, during the broadcast of "Royalty" on the Flemish television in the weekend they showed Prince Laurent visiting a school. It was also mentioned that little Louise was allready enrolled at that school. As she was born in February 2004 she can start school as early as September 2006 at the age of 2,5 years old. Children starting nursery school have to be potty trained. So that's something else they have to deal with. But besides the potty training they also have to prepare their daughter for school life, by visiting the school or even plan in a try-out morning/afternoon where Louise will spend a morning or afternoon in the classroom playing and getting to know the routine of that school. Other preparations might include buying her her first bookbag (a little rucksack for some comfort toy's, some clean clothers in case of an accident, a biscuit for morning break and a small drink).

In the same programme there was some footage of Prince Laurent baptizing a rose which carried the name of his wife Princess Claire. He was asked by some spectators how the twins were doing (fine, but princess Claire had prefered to stay with her kids rather than baptizing the flower herself). He was also asked about a photoshoot, but he said they were still discussing it.

It's up to the parents to decide when they want to publish pictures of their boys, so we'll just have to wait and see...

I've just read in a Belgian newspaper that Louise will be attending a private school - The British School - this isn't the traditional 'royal' way. If she does her whole schooling at this school, this means she won't have any Dutch classes .... Are the Belgian schools not good enough for Louise ?
The article also says the couple and their daughter are currently on vacation in Sicily ; no mention of the twins.

"La fille du prince Laurent n’y aura, par exemple, pas de cours de néerlandais. Shocking ?

TERVUREN Il est de tradition, au sein de la famille royale belge, d’inscrire les petits Princes dans une école publique belge pour les premières années de leur scolarité. Élisabeth fréquente ainsi le collège catholique Sint-Jan Berchmans, à Bruxelles, et son petit frère Gabriel la rejoindra en septembre. Les enfants d’Astrid y sont également passés et certains encore inscrits comme élèves. Maria-Laura, bientôt 19 ans, est, elle, désormais inscrite à l’école internationale St John’s à Waterloo. Mais jusqu’ici, personne n’a dérogé à la règle de l’enseignement traditionnel bien belge pour débuter le cursus scolaire.

Personne… sauf Laurent de Belgique, qui confirme décidément sa réputation d’enfant terrible de la famille royale. Celui qui refuse toujours de livrer la moindre photo de ses jumeaux, nés en décembre, a en effet décidé d’inscrire la petite Louise, deux ans et demi en septembre, au jardin d’enfants de la British School of Brussels. Il s’agit d’une école privée anglaise, à Tervuren. On imagine que les origines britanniques de la princesse Claire ne sont pas étrangères à ce choix, mais la décision est étonnante à plus d’un titre : le Prince, qui reçoit une dotation de 280.000 € par an environ, jugerait-il l’enseignement belge moins bon pour sa fille ? “Le choix des Princes concernant la préscolarité (non obligatoire) de leur fille tient compte de multiples facteurs personnels”, dit-on au Palais, sans autre commentaire.

A la British School, où la langue de référence est exclusivement celle de Shakespeare, le droit d’inscription, rien que pour le jardin d’enfants (une demi-journée) est fixé à 5.000 €. Rien de tel dans le réseau officiel belge, évidemment. Et, par la suite, l’inscription peut aller jusqu’à 23.500 € dans les années supérieures !

Le Prince, actuellement en vacances en Sicile avec son épouse et Louise, n’était pas joignable hier. On notera par ailleurs que si la petite princesse de Belgique poursuit sa scolarité à la British School, elle n’étudiera pas le néerlandais puisque des cours dans cette langue n’y sont pas dispensés, à l’inverse du français et de l’espagnol."

www.dhnet.be

In my newspaper I road that the twins were home with the nanny, while Laurent , Claire and Louise were on vacation in Italy

What a silly article. The princes live in Tervueren, the Britisch School is just a quality school nearby. I gues Louise speaks french with her parents, but already is learning dutch with her nanny. By sending her to a Britisch School, she won't have a french accent speaking English later, 'cause she is very young to learn.
I think her father knows well enough how important it is in Belgium to speek well Dutch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom