Prince Laurent & Princess Claire - News & Pictures, part 4; Aug 2006 - Dec 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pics 17.5.2009

Prince Laurent of Belgium visits the Moroccan Embassy in
Brussels where he had a brief contact with students of
the Joan of Arc project, Brussels, Belgium, May 17, 2009.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** belga gallery *

Pics 26.5.2009

Prince Laurent and Princess Claire with former cycling champion Eddy
Merckx who got a certificate and a piece of art from the African museum
of Tervuren, Tuesday 26 May 2009, in Tervuren, during a special tribute
at the team presentation of the participants to the Belgian cycling tour
which starts tomorrow.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** belga gallery **

Pics 18.6.2009

Princess Claire attends an event organized for the 10th
anniversary of the Institute of the Walloon cultural
heritage at the castle of the lake of Genval, Belgium,
June 18, 2009.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 **

Is the Institute a patronage for Princess Claire, or is this her first visit?

Prince Laurent visited Rock Werchter, the biggest summer festival of Belgium. Upon his return, he found a police car which had somehow ended up in the ditch. He helped to push the car out.
See here for a video clip.

What a helpful guy! I liked seeing Laurent helping to move the car. He seems very down to earth and kind.

Pics 10.7.2009

Belgium's Prince Laurent collects the first grapes
at the Soien wineyard in Overijse July 10, 2009.

He would have ruined his clothes if he had collected
more that just the first grapes ;)

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

What a beautiful vineyard! I am glad to hear that he didn't ruin his clothes!

Pics 11.7.2009

Prince Laurent and Princess Claire pictured during the concert
of Madonna at the Werchter Boutique festival, Saturday 11 July
2009, in Werchter, Belgium.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

IMHO, Price Laurent looks very young with these spectacles.

He does look young with those glasses. They suit his personality, IMO. Who is the man that is with the prince and princess in the third photo?

He does look young with those glasses. They suit his personality, IMO. Who is the man that is with the prince and princess in the third photo?

I've checked the caption of that pic again, but there was no
information given, did you regocnize him as someone you had
seen before?

Here are some additional pics of Laurent at the vineyard.
Pic 1 and 2 are two good shots of him:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

He looks kind of familiar to me, but I can't place him. I thought that maybe he was an advisor, or friend of Laurent's.

Prince Laurent admitted to hospital

There is news that Prince Laurent has been admitted to the hospital. No real details yet - the only additional news I could find was in Dutch. I translated it online (not great) but in reading that it seemed like there wasn't much more news. I hope the Prince is alright.

Royal Examiner - Prince Laurent enters hospital

The organizer of the concert.

He has a pneumonia, according to some news sites. He was on a holiday in Sardinia, with friends, when he got a fever and went into the hospital. He was brought back to Belgium because he wished to be treated in a Belgian hospital.
Possibly he was contaminated by his daughter, Princess Louise.

See article in French here

Here is another article on P.Laurent scroll down

it said
Prince Laurent of Belgium has been admitted to the hospital for an undisclosed health problem. While on vacation in Sardinia the Prince was admitted to a local hospital. He asked to be transferred to his home country and that apparently was done quickly. The Prince is now currently being treated in Belgium... - Article

Interestingly enough the article also said that the prince refused to visit his parents at their holiday adress in VFrance, as the relations between them are 'not optimal'.
I hope the prince will recover soon!

He has a pneumonia, according to some news sites. He was on a holiday in Sardinia, with friends, when he got a fever and went into the hospital. He was brought back to Belgium because he wished to be treated in a Belgian hospital.
Possibly he was contaminated by his daughter, Princess Louise.

See article in French here

Has Princess Louise recovered from pneumonia? I hope that Laurent recovers quickly. Pneumonia can develop complications if it isn't treated right away, but it sounds like Laurent is receiving excellent care.

Princess Claire of Belgium is pictured after visiting Prince Laurent
in the Saint-Luc hospital in Brussels, Tuesday 11 August 2009.
Prince Laurent is hospitilaized because he suffers from pneumonia.

She smiles, that's surely a good sign.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** belga **

Yes, Princess Louise has recovered. One of the twins was also lightly feverish, but it turned out to be nothing serious, but the other one, and Princess Claire were not ill.

That's a sad news, I hope he and Louise will soon recover.

Pics 12.8.2009

Prince Laurent has left the hospital today.

Although it's surely nice for him to see that people care
about his condition, it must have been difficult to have
the media around at such a moment, when you are not
really ready yet..

Prince Laurent of Belgium pictured as he leaves the Saint-Luc
hospital in Brussels, followed by Princess Claire, Wednesday 12
August 2009.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** belga **

I am so pleased to see that Prince Laurent left the hospital. I hope that he continues to recover and gain strength back.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am glad that Prince Laurent recovered quickly from pneumonia. He looks tired in the pictures. Hope he will have a much-needed rest at home.

Great news that he is out of the hospital and thank goodness it didn't sound too serious.

More news on the story - Royal Examiner

:previous:

no, Prince Laurent himself thought he was suffering from that flu, which is why he sought immediate help in a hospital and left his friends house so as to not be able to contaminate anyone else. The official announcements clearly say he had a bad case of bronchopneumonia, of which he recovered completely and quickly.

Until the Palace announces otherwise, there is no reason to claim something else.

The Prince appears to have lost weight and looks as if he still is not feeling well. I've had bronchopneumonia a few years ago and it takes a while to get back to really feeling up to par.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom