Prince Laurent & Princess Claire - News & Pictures, part 4; Aug 2006 - Dec 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yesterday, 30 Dec. 2008, Prince Laurent and Princess Claire became the first royals to attend a show by stand up comedian Geert Hoste, who is known not only for his sharp comments on politics, but also for his jokes about the Belgian Royal Family. Apparently, the Prince & Princess had a great time. See here for video clip and article (in Dutch).

Prince Laurent attende the opening of Oger's new shop in Antwerp. Oger sells tailored suits for men:

www.oger.nl

Pics 2.3.2009

Jane Goodall receives the honorary doctorate of the university
of Liege in presence of Prince Laurent, Liege, Belgium, March 2,

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

It looks like they are trading autographs in the second photo! Why was Prince Laurent in attendance? Is this related to a patronage, or is he a fan of Jane Goodall?

Pics 4.3.2009

I don't know, sgl, but maybe just as an honour for Mrs. Goodall :)

Prince Laurent of Belgium pictured as he visits the vetrinarian
hospital of the Prince Laurent foundation on March 4, 2009, Brussels.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

I love his tie! It is great to see Prince Laurent out and about. We don't often see much of he and Princess Claire. I am also pleased to see that he is involved in animal causes.

I have to admitt I did not pay enough attention to the tie ;)
but now I have to agree, it's a really nice and fashionable one :)

Here are some more pics without watermarks - seems as if the
patients are not allowed to smoke :D the prohibition sign is fixed
in a quite low height...

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 *

Prince laurent gave an exclusive interview to two student journalist.

See here for the entire interview in Dutch.

Pics 24.3.2009

Prince Laurent at the opening of Hangar S in Mechelen, Belgium,
on 24 March 2009. Hanger S will house diverse organisations
offering job advice for unemployed people.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

Here are some more pics from yesterday, Claire attended
the opening of the new exhibition halls of the Treasury of
the Cathedral of Liege, Belgium.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 **

Re: Languages spoken by Princess Claire.

Does anyone know does Princess Claire speak Dutch? Do Princess Claire's parents and siblings speak French and Dutch? Also does anyone know which languages do Princess Claire and Prince Laurent speak with their three children?

:flowers:

Thank you,
EaO.

Hi Emeralds and Opals,

I believe she speaks and understands Dutch pretty well, but I don't know about her parents and siblings, or about the children. I would imagine they speak French with them, since that will be the language they are most fluent in, and maybe English, and they probably leave the Dutch for the nanny. But I'm not sure about that. Maybe someone else knows for sure?

Pics 31.3.2009

Prince Laurent at the departure of a huge 44 tonne lorry on
it's 12.000 km journey to Cairo from Brussels, 31 March 2009.

The lorry was carrying charity items collected from schools across the
country. Eygpt was the final destination because Sister Emmanuelle
had spent 20 years working there.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

I saw him this morning and afterwards he went home alone on his motor-bike..
I like this Prince.

Does anyone know does Princess Claire speak Dutch? Do Princess Claire's parents and siblings speak French and Dutch? Also does anyone know which languages do Princess Claire and Prince Laurent speak with their three children?

:flowers:

Thank you,
EaO.

I believe that Princess Claire's father comes from the UK. I would imagine that in addition to French, the family probably also speaks English. I do know that Claire was born in England, and the family lived there for a few years while she was a toddler.

I believe that Princess Claire's father comes from the UK. I would imagine that in addition to French, the family probably also speaks English. I do know that Claire was born in England, and the family lived there for a few years while she was a toddler.

Thank you, sgl for the information.

:flowers::flowers::flowers::flowers:

Perhaps, Princess Claire's and Prince Laurent's children shall be bi-lingual in French and in Dutch like their cousins Princesses Elisabeth and Elenore and Princes Emmanuel and Gabriel.

They should be bi-lingual or better they are suposed to be.

Well... I can't help but think this is not recent news. There is a parliamentary group which discusses the way the dotations will be organized after Philippe comes to the throne, but everyone has been quite adamant that the dotations of Laurent and Astrid will always be paid. The new rules would only apply to Philipp's children (and obviously the whole of Belgium is not going to pay for all of Astrids and Laurent's kids, they don't really have any public duties to begin with.)

I have always had a soft spot for Claire - she is very quiet and unassuming and her husband bears the brunt of the barbs of the Belgian press.

I have always had a soft spot for Claire - she is very quiet and unassuming and her husband bears the brunt of the barbs of the Belgian press.

Pamk, I completely agree with you. Princess Claire is very low-key. Laurent has been the subject of criticism many times (for different reasons), but the Belgian press seems to leave Claire alone. I believe that she was some sort of land surveyor before her marriage to Laurent. I wonder if she will ultimately go back to work? I really like Princess Claire, and always enjoy reading about her (I'm glad that there haven't been any negative articles about her).

Pics 19.4.2009

Princess Claire of Belgium pictured as she attends the 'Grande jounee du
Rallye du Televie' event, an organisation of the RTL Group, at the 'Long
Term' parking of the airport in Charleroi, Sunday 19 April 2009.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** belga gallery**

Thanks for the pictures, princess Claire is a very beautiful woman!

Thank you for the links, Iceflower! Princess Claire looks very beautiful. It looks like there is a heart decoration on her jacket. Is this part of the jacket, or is it a pin? If it is a pin, is she wearing it in honor of a person or cause?

Thank you for the links, Iceflower! Princess Claire looks very beautiful. It looks like there is a heart decoration on her jacket. Is this part of the jacket, or is it a pin? If it is a pin, is she wearing it in honor of a person or cause?
I think it's a pin because if you've noticed, the other people around her wear it. Probably it's something related to the event she attended(like for example the pins used during The Royal Ascol). I like her suit, she's beautiful and very simple, as usual.

You are most welcome, stephanievl and sgl :flowers:

I'm also sure that the pin is related to the event, if
you look at the following additional pics you'll see that
it's the same heart that's used in the big "télévie" logo.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 **

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom