Prince Laurent & Princess Claire - News & Pictures, part 4; Aug 2006 - Dec 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree! The last picture is so sweet. They seem like they are very happy.

Some men look so much better when they get a little older. :wub:The Prince would be very handsome if he would only lose some weight. They look so well "matched" these two.

I completely agree with you Odette! They do look like a perfect match. I think that they complement each other very well.

Pics 4.10.2008

Belgium's Princess Claire and Prince Laurent and Studio 100 manager
Gert Verhulst pictured during the premiere of the musical 'Daens' in
Antwerp, on Saturday 04 October 2008.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Very nice photos! Claire looks beautiful. It feels like its been a long time since we have last seen them out and about. Thank you for the links.

During his visit prince Laurent was shortly interviewed by SBS Showniews, a Dutch programme. He seemed to speak Dutch well actually. Princess Claire looked very good in that dress, even better on television.

On September 20th Laurent and Claire attended a fashion show of Stephen (...) -forgot the name. Claire was dressed in a black cocktail dress.
Anyway, RT Boulevard has a clip and an interview ith Laurent. For all the crtisism and such you have to give it to him that he is always willing to awnser the press. He says he usually wears classic fabrics :).

Look here for the clip!

Flemish tv show "de rode loper" also had an interview with the Prince, you can find it at the URL below, somewhere in the middle (at about 2:10) (very short interview though)

deredactie.be - mediatheek

Pics 7.10.2008

First pics from tonight :)

Prince Laurent and Princess claire pictured on the red carpet at the
entrance of Gent FilmFestival, for the opening of the 35th edition of
Gent Music Film Festival, Tuesday 7 October 2008, in Gent

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

The first picture is adorable. They seem really happy lately.

Is it my imagination or is the Prince suddenly appearing more in public than he used to? Would the Royalty criticism have anything to do with that?
I'm glad they do, though. They seem to be enjoying themselves, and they do look so happy together. Typical me to have missed them...

For what its worth, according to 'Het Laatste Nieuws', King Albert II asked Prime Minister Leterme to keep an eye on Prince Laurent and make sure he keeps out of trouble. Apparently Laurent has a tree planting project in Libya and the last thing the king wants is a scandal involving Laurent ánd Kadafi.

Very interesting! Will Laurent be visiting Libya in the near future?

I can imagine the King wants Kadafi on his good side... Especially since, if I am not mistaken, he bought some shares of one particular Belgian bank which has been in the news a lot lately... In not too positive terms...

From what I have read about President Kadafi, it may safely be guessed that he tends to be a difficult person to deal with. At the same time, I do not think Prince Laurent will start a squabble, thereby tarnishing Belgium's reputation in Libya.

I agree with you, Al Bina. It seems to me that Laurent is trying to keep a low profile, and not trying to cause problems. I would be surprised if Laurent did anything scandalous on this visit.

My wishes for Prince Laurent's birthday.

Princess Claire is so beautiful and the children are simply adorable. What a shame that Prince Laurent is such a mixed up person!

Pics 21.10.2008

Edouard Vermeulen, couturier of the royal family celebrates the 25th
anniversary of the house Natan, at the Natan store, on avenue Louise
in the presence of Edouard Vermeulen, Princess Claire and Prince Laurent.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

Edouard Vermeulen, couturier of the royal family celebrates the 25th
anniversary of the house Natan, at the Natan store, on avenue Louise
in the presence of Edouard Vermeulen, Princess Claire and Prince Laurent.
Ah thanks for the pics iceflower. :flowers: So Natan´s Eddy celebrated 25 years of creativity, twin dressing and all that jazz, worth to throw a bash indeed. :D

As for Laurent, my, he is certainly busy with fashion show, premiere and anniversary hopping, no wonder his official agenda is almost empty (=10 activities in 2008 according to the BRF homepage). :cool:
Two days ago (20/10) he attended yet another fashion show with Claire. Delphine Boel and her hubby were also present and Laurent went to greet her, introduced Claire and did some small talk in front of tv cameras and microphones. The four also posed for photographers and this stunt actually was the opener of yesterday´s VTM evening tv news since it was the first official contact between a member of the BRF and Delphine. VTM sure knows how to set priorities, but that’s a whole different story. The story also made it´s entry into today´s newspapers and scores the cover of the Belgian Paris Match.
http://www.lalibre.be/free_images/llmune.pdf
Laurent and Claire talking to Delphine certainly can be regarded as token of compassion or something like this and according to Delphine´s hubby his wife and Laurent already met a few times and get along okay. They never turned it into a public stunt by meeting in front of all tv cameras and photogs though. Laurent´s timing is a bit suspicious to say the least and it also can be regarded as attempt to affront his father who cut all ties with his illegitimate daughter - not that Albert wasn´t explicitly asking for situations like this by treating Delphine and Laurent like crap. The VTM camera crew was quite surprised that Laurent allowed them to tape the meeting, usually Laurent carries out a feud with VTM and is banning their cameras out of his orbit (especially when they film his not so environment friendly Hummer car :rolleyes:). This is why the VTM royalty journalist Pauwels is convinced he was so keen on this little meeting to upset his father.

And the “trees for Libya’s deserts” stunt is just another hint in this direction imo. Of all deserts it has to be the one in Libya? And of all ppl it had to be Laurent who plants trees there? Honi soit qui mal y pense. According to Laurent he just goes there with best intentions “All I intend to do there is improving the living conditions. All the others go to Libya for oil, but I go there to help 6 million Libyans. I cannot understand how anybody in Belgium can oppose this.” Ahem, yes. The first person who stood up and said NO was certainly his father when he had gotten wind of it. It´s quite obvious that Albert tried to stop Laurent in order to avoid yet another embarrassing situation. It´s true that Ghaddafi owns Fortis shares but the Belgian-Libyan relationships are still frosty and Laurent surely doesn´t have what it takes to be diplomatic. Alas, Laurent doesn´t listen to his father, so Albert had to ask PM Leterme to convince him to stay at home. That the press got notice of this and politicians started to comment on it surely makes it even more embarrassing. And this time I really have pity with Leterme. The poor guy has other things to do than cleaning up the mess Albert´s complete lack of parental skills created. BTW Laurent already was in Libya for some first contacts though and I dearly hope he was smart enough not to accept anything else then flight tickets and accomodation for free for his work. And if Laurent would be honest with himself and his ambitions he should abandon his allowance imo. Seems he feels more comfortable doing his own business (in many aspects btw) and this doesn’t go together all to well with accepting the taxpayer’s money. It´s also quite sad to witness how much negative impact the complicated relationship with Albert still has on Delphine, Laurent and Philippe´s lives.
Well, will be interesting to watch Albert and Laurent interacting at the autumn concert next week. If they interact at all and if Laurent arrives in time for his 11th official activity this year that is. ;)

Princess Claire & Prince Laurent attended the Belgian premiere of the new James Bond.

You can see them in the footage of the premiere of the VRT-programme De Rode Loper for about a second here.

For the fans, also some footage of Miss Belgium.:D

Pics 3.11.2008

Here are two small pics of Princess Claire and Prince Laurent
at the preview of "Quantum of Solace" in Kinepolis Brussels on
November 3rd, 2008

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

The second photo actually looks like they have James Bond standing over them with a gun! It is very funny.

http://i33.tinypic.com/ru179w.jpg

But seriously though, it is great to see them together. We don't see much of them on a regular basis, and I am always happy to see these photos.

Pics 10.11.2008

Prince Laurent of Belgium greets Flemish Minister of Public Works, Energy, Environment
and Nature Hilde Crevits (CD&V), Brussels region Environment and Energy Minister Evelyne
Huytebroeck after the Flemish, Brussels and Walloon ministers signed an agreement protocol
regarding the 'Foret de Soignes - Zonienwoud' (Sonian Forest) in Brussels, 10 Nov. 2008

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

The first photo is very nice. The forest that they are standing in is absolutely beautiful.

Pics 29.11.2008

29-11-2008 Nijvel : Prince Laurent and Princess Claire attended the
Waux Hall in Nijvel, an exhibition of 100 years "Ouvre Boites", home for
social integration and counsseling.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Gallery **

They look wonderful! Claire has such a nice smile. Are social integration and counseling two of their patronages?

I don't know for sure. I thought the Prince was mostly interested in "green" themes.

However, I do know that he has a special place in his heart for the part of Brussels which is called "Marollen", which is a poor neighbourhood, where many socially disadvantaged people live. So I guess this social engagement shouldn't come as a surprise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom