Prince Laurent & Princess Claire - News & Pictures, part 4; Aug 2006 - Dec 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
grevinnan said:
I guess that fathering children outside of marriage is more acceptable than financial irregularities.

well, the King can hardly throw himself out of the palace ;) .

it is to me, what Laurant did was greedy, stupid, irrisponsible and spoiled.

grevinnan said:
I guess that fathering children outside of marriage is more acceptable than financial irregularities.

BeatrixFan said:
Well, he claims that he can't afford food at the end of the week - despite being on 300,000 Euros a year. Which is quite strange.

Keeping up with the "Jones's" does cost money, yuh know !!!
:ermm:

I believe that Grand Duke Henri is first cousin to Prince Laurent. Late Grand Duchess Josephine-Charlotte was an older sister to King Albert. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Indeed, Grand Duchess Josephine-Charlotte and King Albert were siblings so Laurent and Grand Duke Henri are cousins. I read that same article and thought, "Huh".:ermm:

Pic 11.4.2007

Belgium's representative Prince Laurent of Belgium receives the Energy Globe National Honorary Award, from the President of Eco Social Forum, former EU Commissioner for Agriculture, Franz Fischler during the Energy Globe World Award ceremony hosted by the European Parliament in Brussels 11 April 2007. Awards on the night were given in categories of fire, earth, water and air along with a youth award and a "national honorary award" which went to host nation Belgium for an integration of energy efficiency and renewable energy technologies. AFP PHOTO / JACQUES COLLET

---> Pic

Prince Laurent did it again....

Prince Laurent of Belgium has caused new consternation.

The Prince visited an animal hospital in Antwerp, which he opened 6 years ago. The hospital is for owners who have not enough financial means to cover the costs of medical care for their pets.

The Prince had invited press for this visit. Various photographers and a TV-camerateam were present to cover the princely visit. But when Prince Laurent arrived -a half hour too late- he refused the media to cover his visit. He stated that the media was only allowed to cover his departure and wanted to be left alone during his visit to the animal hospital.

In protest the photographers and the camerateam spontaneously and demonstratively left the venue. The main reason for the anger is: if the Prince does not want media coverage, he should not have invited the media. And pictures of a Prince leaving a building have no any news value, in contrary to pictures of the Prince with dogs.

Anyway, Prince Laurent ignored the protests: after the visit the media went back 'home' without useful pictures and images.

:wacko:

Source: http://www.gva.be/Antwerpen/2660/artikel.asp?art={21057E4A-DF8F-4E89-837D-E018F26AE7E3}

what was he thinking?! or would the media have treated him not well no matter what, as he's the official black sheep of the family now?

iceflower said:
Belgium's representative Prince Laurent of Belgium receives the Energy Globe National Honorary Award, from the President of Eco Social Forum, former EU Commissioner for Agriculture, Franz Fischler during the Energy Globe World Award ceremony hosted by the European Parliament in Brussels 11 April 2007. Awards on the night were given in categories of fire, earth, water and air along with a youth award and a "national honorary award" which went to host nation Belgium for an integration of energy efficiency and renewable energy technologies. AFP PHOTO / JACQUES COLLET

---> Pic
glad to see some good news regarding this prince who I've always liked :flowers:

Since Prince isn't allowed at royal functions anymore does this mean that Prince Amedeo and Princess Maria-Laura will start attending state visits and taking part in their royal duties? B/c they are both over 18 and isn't that when most young royals being their royal duties?

Shadiyah2086 said:
Since Prince isn't allowed at royal functions anymore does this mean that Prince Amedeo and Princess Maria-Laura will start attending state visits and taking part in their royal duties? B/c they are both over 18 and isn't that when most young royals being their royal duties?
`

Prince Laurent and Princess Claire are not 'banned' from Court or something. They have just been absent during a banquet for the Grand-Duke and -Duchess of Luxembourg.

It is most unlikely that the children of Prince Lorenz and Princess Astrid will perform public duties and attend at state events. Since the marriage of the Duke of Brabant and the three children as a result of this marriage, the children of Princess Astrid are on a side track now.

:flowers:

Henri M. said:
`

Prince Laurent and Princess Claire are not 'banned' from Court or something. They have just been absent during a banquet for the Grand-Duke and -Duchess of Luxembourg.

It is most unlikely that the children of Prince Lorenz and Princess Astrid will perform public duties and attend at state events. Since the marriage of the Duke of Brabant and the three children as a result of this marriage, the children of Princess Astrid are on a side track now.

:flowers:

Oh ok I didn't think that they "banned" I figured that there would be too much tension b/w him and the rest of the family. I live in the US where they are more concerned about anna nicole smith and paris hilton going to jail. (frankly I couldn't give two craps about either one of them) So what ever I read about any royal family is from this forum.

I was just wondering if they would since the Duke of Brabant's children are still young. I just figured that since they are of age they would maybe have some royal duties. They might be waiting until they are finished with their education before they begin

According to the magazine Vanidades, the prince and his wife are not banned from social events but are being kept in the sidelines after the scandal.

Litte Louise

Hurrah, a nice suprise late in the evening, what a gorgeous kid that little Louise. And what a great foto, the one with mom en the phone.:lol: :lol: She realy is one of my favourite royal little kids.

Pics 8.6.2007

Prince Laurent and Princess Claire at the 12th congress of International Society for Twin Studies in Gent, Belgium, 8 June 2007

Pic 1
Pic 2
Pic 3

Do you have to be a member of the site to see the photos? Or am I doing something wrong here, as I can't see them?

Marengo said:
Do you have to be a member of the site to see the photos? Or am I doing something wrong here, as I can't see them?
Neither do I

Last edited:
Thanks! Typically Laurent to come by bicycle, instead of a more royal Mercedes ;). Must be difficult to cycle through Brussels though, the city isn't completely flat. Or were they going to a polling station in an outskirt of the city (close to Villa Clementine).

It is IMO very good that they went to the polling station with little Louise: even if she is too young to understand what it really means, she will be able to understand what is voting and how one does vote. Even if she is far in the line of throne, it is something important for the grand-daughter of a king.

Sadly my Spanish hasn't progressed sufficiently enough to understand all that is said in the article. Could somebody tell me what they say in the lower part, about newspaper 'De Standaard'?

Sadly my Spanish hasn't progressed sufficiently enough to understand all that is said in the article. Could somebody tell me what they say in the lower part, about newspaper 'De Standaard'?

'De Standaar' states Laurent travels a lot to Italy because he bought a house there and to visit some family and friends, because his mother is italian.
About four months ago the rumors about the troubles in his marriage started because he went alone to the new year recption at the royal palace, and he said then she was not there due her professional activities.

According the the Dutch newspaper de Telegraaf today Laurent and his familie have been seen in Zeeland, the south Netherlands in the village Retranchement bycicling and walking, they have rented a big villa for 2 months there.Laurent goes shopping to the butcher and the baker and he and his familie go and sit at the terrace in Sluis.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom