Prince Laurent & Princess Claire - News & Pictures, part 4; Aug 2006 - Dec 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

purple_platinum

Heir Apparent
City
Jakarta
Country
Indonesia
Prince Laurent & Princess Claire - News & Pictures, part 4; Aug 2006 - Dec 2013

Welcome to a fresh thread for Prince Laurent & Princess Claire of Belgium, along with their family's current events

The previous thread can be found
here

Please post current news and pictures of Laurent & Claire, along with their family in this thread.
While doing so, please remember to follow the
TRF Posting Rules & Guidelines & also on Photo Agencies & Copyright:
  • The current events' thread is only for current news & events
  • Do not forget to provide sources for all photos & articles
  • Please remember when posting pictures, to post only selected ones (there is no need to post whole bunch of similar photos). Providing a direct link to the photos or the photo album is recommended.
  • Please do not linked the photos directly. Hotlinking is strongly prohibited.
  • Pictures from previous events may be posted in the picture thread via imagehost.
  • Please be respectful to others' opinions even if you're disagree, and always be courteous to your follow members.
  • Lastly, have fun and enjoy!

Prince Laurent (R) and Claude Lelievre (L) of Child Focus attend a benefit pro-am golf tournament aimed at raising funds for children's rights organisations, Monday 18 September 2006 in Frasnes-les-Gosselies

from belga

Gallery

http://picture.belga.be/cgi-bin/belg...es/160275.html

Last edited by a moderator:
October 19: 43rd birthday of Prince Laurent of Belgium

Happy Birthday Prince Laurent!

A Very Very Happy Birthday Prince Laurent, I Am Your Fan.

VTM has a video of news on there web-site, it is partly about Prince Laurent and his family visiting something about agriculture.

Princess Robijn said:
VTM has a video of news on there web-site, it is partly about Prince Laurent and his family visiting something about agriculture.

Can you post the link?

I couldn't find it either Princess Robjin:flowers:

crm2317 said:
I couldn't find it either Princess Robjin:flowers:

It's there somewhere, I've seen it yesterday. I'll check it tomorrow, I'm off to bed ;)

thanks for the photos! it's great to see the twins

The video link worked fine for me. All I had to do was download Windows Media Player 11. Prince Laurent is mentioned around the 5min 15sec mark. The actual clip showing him and his family starts around 6min. Hope that helps anyone...

Thanks Princess Robijn for the link. :flowers:

pianohabebi said:
The video link worked fine for me. All I had to do was download Windows Media Player 11. Prince Laurent is mentioned around the 5min 15sec mark. The actual clip showing him and his family starts around 6min. Hope that helps anyone...

Thanks Princess Robijn for the link. :flowers:

Your welcome :flowers: And the link did work for me, I just wasn't sure it was the correct link (as there were about 12 links at that page, dedicated to different dates and times)

Thank you Iceflower!! Those are some great pictures. Claire looks absolutely stunning I love her outfit:flowers:

It sweems to be by Natan, I recall a dress of GD Marie-Theresa and Princess Maxima with a simular neckline...

Hm - seems this is not the best year so far for the Belgian Royal Family...

thanks iceflower!!! great photos.

I read in Dutch newspaper 'De Telegraaf' today that Laurent is nop longer welcome at official functions in the palace. Hence they explain his absense during the state visit from Luxembourg and the 50th anniversairy of the treaty of Rome. Is this true or just speculation by the newspaper (the presented it as a fact anyway).

it would seem a justified decision, he has dented their reputation and does not seem a very stable character. If he behaves himself for the next coming ten years it can always be revoked.

Marengo said:
I read in Dutch newspaper 'De Telegraaf' today that Laurent is nop longer welcome at official functions in the palace. Hence they explain his absense during the state visit from Luxembourg and the 50th anniversairy of the treaty of Rome. Is this true or just speculation by the newspaper (the presented it as a fact anyway).

susan alicia said:
it would seem a justified decision, he has dented their reputation and does not seem a very stable character. If he behaves himself for the next coming ten years it can always be revoked.
Do you guys think [since your, well in the Benelux region, you guys are up to date with the lies and truths behind belgium royalty news] it would isolate Laurent more from his father and brother and would feel compel to rebel, like in the past, as revenge? :rolleyes:

Marengo said:
Thanks Marengo for the news and update :) .

I agree with you flctylu. If anything it will create more idleness for Laurent, more frustration etc. And judging from all the stories I have read about him during the trial, that was one of the main reasons that got him in this mess in the first place.

I think he must have been talked to by various people, including his father and if he does not tread carefully in the future he will lose more priviliges. They seem like a very warm family but I imagine they can be pretty ruthless when it comes to the secure future of the monarchy.

flctylu said:
Do you guys think [since your, well in the Benelux region, you guys are up to date with the lies and truths behind belgium royalty news] it would isolate Laurent more from his father and brother and would feel compel to rebel, like in the past, as revenge? :rolleyes:

A warm family? I think Laurent would disagree with you Susan!

Marengo said:
I agree with you flctylu. If anything it will create more idleness for Laurent, more frustration etc. And judging from all the stories I have read about him during the trial, that was one of the main reasons that got him in this mess in the first place.

In my opinion banning him seems a bit childish. It's not like Prince Laurent is terribly unstable and creates a public spectacle at every official event. I can easily see how this can harbor more resentment between Laurent and the rest of the family, particularly his father.

I guess that fathering children outside of marriage is more acceptable than financial irregularities.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom