Prince Laurent & Princess Claire - News & Pictures, part 4; Aug 2006 - Dec 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Prince Laurent and sunglasses

It seems like Prince Laurent is almost always in sunglasses whenever I see him photographed. At first, I thought maybe the glasses were ones that automatically change when in sunlight, but having just watched the wedding video of Felix and Claire of Luxembourg, they stayed darkened long after he had entered the church.

Does anyone one know if there's an eye problem?

I apologize if this is the wrong forum, but I couldn't find a more appropriate one. I also didn't review this complete forum, since it's over 20 pages long!

Thanks in advance.

He is wearing sunglasses inside the cathedral too, I saw it.
Did you see on the video of the wedding of Prince Felix wedding that Margaretha and her husband forced him to enter the church with them.
The sunglasses of part of his look.

Last edited:
previous.gif
Another photogallery

Cerca - Getty Images IT: BEL: Belgium Royals Visit Home Paloke

Prince Laurent has met children and their parents during the national Childhood Cancer Day at the Planckendael zoo in Muizen, Mechelen, on October 6, 2013.

** dhnet.be gallery ** belga gallery ** gettyimages **

** lavenir.net: Le prince Laurent à la Journée nationale du cancer de l’enfant ** translation **

** dhnet.be: Le prince Laurent en visite à Malines pour la Journée nationale du cancer de l'enfant ** translation **

On October 4, Princess Claire has visited the La Paix-Dieu Training Centre for Heritage Professionals in Amay:

** belga gallery **

** sudinfo.be: Amay: la Princesse Claire traquée par un chasseur de stars ** translation **

Last edited:
More and more protagonism from Laurent, I think he must be happý now, because he probably thinks that his brother trusts him in a way their father and uncle never did.

On October 3rd, Prince Laurent and Princess Claire attended the inaugural evening show at the new building of the Theatre of Liege. A French-Dutch version of the play "Romeo and Juliet" by Shakespeare was played.

** Pic ** source **

Last edited:
Thanks iceflower!

Laurent has been awfully active lately, seems like Philippe does trust his brother and the latter isn't letting him down so far (let's hope the trend continues)

Anyone knows why he climbs cars like this? it's not the first time I've seen him doing it like that.

Last edited:
Leidi , how funny , we saw it just on TV last Sunday at Royalty. He did that several times.
A Doctor said that it was not the best way to enter a car when you are suffering from your back ! Thanks for sharing - kind regards MO

So it is a back problem? thanks maria-olivia :)

this was really nice and the kiss at the end ...aww :wub::wub::wub:
I think with the accession to the throne of his brother there has been a possibility of a fresh start for Laurent as well and I have the suspect it has something to do with the great friendship between the two brothers' wifes (and also Laurent seems to be in good terms with Mathilde as well)
I hope people will give him a second chance and stop considering him the black sheep

^^ I agree Marchesina. Philippe's accesion to the throne seems to mark a new period in Laurent's life. He seems to be doing lots of engagements lately and hopefully people will improve the image they have about him. I always had the feeling he wasn't that bad as some say and that he lacked a lot of attention and afection, maybe.
You talk about a great friendship between Claire and Mathilde. Can you elaborate more on this?

BTW, does anyone know which language (french or dutch) do they speak in private?

needless to say, this couple is so down to earth and lovely. what a fantastic idea to do the interview themselves! they are obviously very much in love, and that's fantastic to see. i loved how claire treated laurent as "tu" when speaking french, even though it was a rather formal interview. and the references laurent makes to his wife and kids and how that changed his life and how grateful he is - what's not to love about it!? other royals who carry out interviews should learn from him how to be natural! last, but not least important, i find that the work that his foundation carries out is rather impressive - so humanistic. i like how he chose to get involved with less popular causes such as animal care, homeless care and integration of older people. well done to him and i really wish him all the best in his birthday and for many years to come so that he can continue such honourable work.

claire's french seems very native and she doesn't seem to have an accent - is this also the case when she speaks dutch?

^^ I agree Marchesina. Philippe's accesion to the throne seems to mark a new period in Laurent's life. He seems to be doing lots of engagements lately and hopefully people will improve the image they have about him. I always had the feeling he wasn't that bad as some say and that he lacked a lot of attention and afection, maybe.
You talk about a great friendship between Claire and Mathilde. Can you elaborate more on this?

BTW, does anyone know which language (french or dutch) do they speak in private?

well it's more feeling rather than a fact. I assume Mathilde and Claire are friends since she was chosen as a godmother for Princess Eleonore instead of Princess Astrid or Prince Laurent himself. and every time they have official engagements together they always share laughs (mainly thanks to Laurent).

I knew the BRF is a french speaking family and in the past this has caused some issue with the Flemish. so I suppose they speaks french (their children goes to a french school as far as I know). I don't speak Dutch but it seems to me Claire hasn't a strong french accent when she speaks (for example Mathilde as an incredibly strong french accent whenever she speaks in dutch or english)

I think Philippe and Laurent are a second version of Baudouin and Albert in a way, incredibly different people but unswervingly loyal to each other as brothers.

If my memory doesn't fail me, the only person from the RF who spoke on Laurent's behalf in public during his hard times was Philippe, when he said that L will always be his brother no matter what.

Also, I get the feeling that Laurent never truly forgave his parents for abandoning him in a way (and he didn't get too close to Baudouin and Fabiola either, so he grew up with nannies and bodyguards), so he always felt resentment towards his father specially and that's why his attitude was so bad.

Last edited:

Prince Laurent, Princess Claire, Princess Louise, Prince Nicolas and Prince Aymeric attended the election of the most beautiful mut dog, 'Het Mooiste Zinneke'/'Le plus beau Zinneke', organized by the Prince Laurent Foundation in Brussels today, October 26.

** Pic ** lavenir.net gallery: Laurent, dis-moi, qui est le plus beau Zinneke ? **

** belga gallery ** gettyimages ** daylife **

** 7sur7.be: Le Prince Laurent remet le 1er prix du plus beau Zinneke ** translation **

** lameuse.be: Le concours du plus beau zinneke de Bruxelles en présence du Prince Laurent (photos et vidéos) **

Lovely pix of this lovely family. Louise looks more and more like her mother

I hope he will learn how an old Royal of 92 years is doing so well !

Well the prince has improved lately, lets hope it will continue.

Did the duke also meet the new king and queen?

It was the 95th anniversary of the end of WWI, hopefully the duke will be able to be there in 5 years too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom