Prince Laurent & Princess Claire - News & Pictures, part 4; Aug 2006 - Dec 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pics 17.10.2009

Prince Laurent signing the water chart written by children
during the action Place aux Enfants at St Josse, Belgium,
October 17, 2009

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** belga **

I have no idea whether or not Louise is learning Dutch, but I don't think it's important. As long as she learns more than 1 or 2 languages I'm satisfied, I think it's very imoportant for the development of a child, it also broadens your horizon and the way you look at the world. But whether it must really be Dutch for Louise? She'll probably never have an official function to speak of -- and most people in Belgium don't even know her name I guess.
I agree that it's a good thing for children to learn more than one language even if they're not in the public eye. If nothing else it's good exercise for the brain. :)

I simply have to share this one:

deredactie.be: Prins Laurent vriest lievelingshond in

Prince Laurent had a Berner Senner who died 3 months ago. The Prince was not yet ready to say goodbye and had the body frozen.
Yesterday, he decided it was time to pay his last respects to his faithful friend, and so he called the mortuary at the University of Ghent, where the body was kept, and they had to rush to make the dog presentable.
The prince asked to be left alone when saying goodbye.

According to the journalist,the prince confirmed this story to him by phone.

It's very sad that he lost his dog. How did the dog die?

I do think it is kind of strange that he had the dog frozen, but I guess everyone grieves in their own way...

:previous: just age, I think. It didn't say in the notice.

it's great to see that some people have such a strong relationship with animals and i'm glad to see that the prince is paying his respects in the way he thinks best. it is certainly important and pets can become such an important part of someone's life. loyalty is so important and i guess laurent wanted to give some of it back. it's nice to see.

Prince Laurent with his daughter Louise visiting the exhibition 'Tobet, mythical dog of Kazakhstan' by the Daniyar Daukey, photographer. 11/03/2009.

IBL Gallery

Prince Laurent & Louise look so sweet and charming together, a nice father/daughter outing- she looks like such a little lady! Great Pictures, thanks for posting them!

Princess Louise looks so much like her mum. She is very cute!

During the autumn concert last week prince Laurent left early. Normally the royals greet the guests and talk to them. This time Filip, Mathilde and Lorenz were absent. The prince however had other plans and left early: 'I will go home when I want to', he told a member of the palace staff.

Read more at royalblog, here.

:previous: reading this, one would almost have to believe Vaessen's assertion that the prince actually despises "the people".

I wonder why he left so early.

It has not been a very kind and nice gesture... :nonono:
To be honest I often can't understand what this Prince thinks...

Well, that display wasn't good. Laurent really can act spoiled and petulant when he wants to. I've read some articles claiming the Belgian Monarchy is not popular and actions such as this are not helping the matter. No wonder Princess Astrid is so popular, she attends to Royal duties and functions without displays of temper and arrogance.

:previous:
It is truly nice to see Prince Laurent with Princess Louise visiting the exhibition. Here is some additional information about tobets Tobet - history

During the autumn concert last week prince Laurent left early. Normally the royals greet the guests and talk to them. This time Filip, Mathilde and Lorenz were absent. The prince however had other plans and left early: 'I will go home when I want to', he told a member of the palace staff. ... [snipped]
I too am puzzled about Prince Laurent's beahviour. I think he should keep in mind that such displays tend to negatively reflect upon the Belgian Royal family.

It is disappointing to read Prince Laurent's negative comments. He sounds like a spolit child, IMO. He really does need to think twice before he makes such comments at these events.

There's a bit of a worry about Prince Laurent as he has set his eyes on a holiday home in Africa.Nut unusual these days in other Kingdoms,except,except Laurent is interested in purchasing a home in Guinee,the most corruption infested wateringhole par excellence
and above that,a dictatorial piece of land where only last september many were shot as they demonstrated for democracy,on itself an
almost impossible concept in that continent known for it's incontinence on the matter.
Anyhow,Laurent might have to think twice,although one does need that extra grey cell to get ones head around.Problem.
I really fail to see why on God's earth he wants that,and wants that now and THERE of all places.

The Coburg's have one "of them" in every generation,but none comes close to Laurent when it's about annoying streaks.
The kid definitely has a mental issue,heaven knows how poor Clair puts up with that adult adolescent.I pitty her.

:previous: How very disappointing to hear, Lucien. I also cannot understand why he would even consider having a home in such a place. There are so many other places in that part of the world that are not only corruption-free, but probably much safer for his family. Why would he think about bringing his family there? It surely doesn't sound very safe. Thank you for sharing this info, Lucien. I do hope that he will come to his senses.:sad:

Prince Laurent gave an interview over the phone. (In Dutch)

Main points:
- HRH Princess Claire stayed home from "King's Feast/Koningsdag/Fête du Roi" because one of the kids fell down the stairs and needed 4 stitches.
- The Princely family has a new (Dutch speaking) nanny.
- HRH Princess Louise, HRH Prince Nicolas and HRH Prince Aymeric speak French, Dutch, English and Spanish. They learned English and Spanish from their previous nannie.
- TRH Prince Laurent and Princess Claire want their kids to learn at least 2 exotic languages, he is thinking of Chinese and Arabic.
- HRH Princess Louise, HRH Prince Nicolas and HRH Prince Aymeric are learning to draw by a cartoonist.
- HRH Princess Louise, HRH Prince Nicolas and HRH Prince Aymeric will learn to play an instrument by their nanny.
- HRH Princess Louise loves K3. She sings their songs and she and HRH Prince Laurent attended a musical of K3.

Link to article
Het Nieuwsblad - 'Claire leidde thuis de nieuwe nanny op'

Google translation:
Google Vertaling

Last edited:
:previous:
It is wise on part of Prince Laurent and Princess Claire to give their children an opportunity to master different languages. Being multilingual will definitely help their children to better appreciate various cultures as well as secure good places of employment.

Prince Laurent IMO is definitively is an eccentric person to put it mildly. It is not the first nor I think the last time that he will demonstrate it to all i.e.wanting a home in Guinée. Not only a dangerous place but also rife with corruption and strife. Aren´t there enough beautiful and safer places in the whole world to have a summer home? I can´t immagine how his lovely wife Claire puts up with his many fantasies.She seems to be a level headed person.

I am sorry to hear that one of the kids injured themselves and that is why the Princess stayed home. I must admit that "unable to find someone to watch the kids" sounded a little strange to me. Hopefully, this clears up a lot of confusion and rumors.

In regards to Laurent and his eccentric personality. Perhaps they (Claire and Laurent) balance each other out. I have a friend who is very cool, level headed and disciplined and her husband to put it mildly is not. He is a good guy,but would drive me CRAZY but they appear to work. Hopefully Laurent and Claire are the same. I do like Claire!

Prince Laurent IMO is definitively is an eccentric person to put it mildly. It is not the first nor I think the last time that he will demonstrate it to all i.e.wanting a home in Guinée. Not only a dangerous place but also rife with corruption and strife. Aren´t there enough beautiful and safer places in the whole world to have a summer home? I can´t immagine how his lovely wife Claire puts up with his many fantasies.She seems to be a level headed person.

I'll post a link to the article about this house. It isn't a house for Prince Laurent. The Prince wants to finance agricultural projects and social housing projects in Guinea.

Ophef over Afrikaproject Belgische prins | nu.nl/buitenland | Het laatste nieuws het eerst op nu.nl

Google Vertaling

Last edited:
Here are some pics of it:

Prince Laurent presents the first song on Studio Brussel radio presenters
into the glass house, at the start of the yearly charity action 'Music for
Life' in the center of Gent, Friday 18 December 2009. Three radio
presenters will live inside the glass house until 24 December, playing
request songs that the listeners of StuBru can 'buy' to support this
year's Red Cross campaign to stop Malaria.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** belga **

He looks very relaxed. Nice to see him out and about in such a worthy cause.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom