Prince Laurent & Princess Claire - News & Pictures, part 4; Aug 2006 - Dec 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Prince Laurent and Princess Claire were at the wedding between Prince Georg Friedrich of Prussia, head of the Royal House of Prussia and head of the German Imperial House, and Princess Sophie of Isenburg.

[DNF] Fotoarchief Denieuwsfoto

I have only seen Prince Laurent and never Princess Claire. The lady next to him in church was Princess Sibilla of Luxembourg, the wife of Laurent's cousin Prince Guillaume.

I only saw a little of the ceremony and seemed to be Princess Claire, it was my mistake. Thank you :)

Prince Laurent has an official event later this week, so it seems that King Albert II changed his mind and welcomed the black sheep back in the family ;).

:previous:

Here he is ;)

Although I don't get why the caption says July 10, 2011. The event listed for today at the
official website's calendar seems identical with this:

Prince Laurent during the award ceremony for the Vlaamse Ruimtelijke Planningsprijs 2010
(Flemish Prize for Urban Planning 2010) in Deurne, Sunday 10 July 2011. This year's winning
project is the Masterplan for the Ruggeveld-Boterlaar-Silsburg site.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** belga gallery **

Princess Claire visited on September 10, the social house vzw "La Bulle d'A.I.R." which celebrated its 10th birthday. It is a house for adults with a mental disabilities.

Pic1 - Pic2

Apparently prince Laurent is angry at the media again:

Prins Laurent (opnieuw) kwaad op media - Prins Laurent - HLN

This time it is about the Prussian wedding in potsdam. The press said that the prince was half an hour late for the concert before the wedding, that the prince drove into a car-dree street and that he parked his car on a parking space reserved for invalids.

On VT4 the prince says that he parked his car on the spot towards whcih the organisation directed him. There were more cars parked there. The was no car-free street or parkingspace for invalids as it was on a square. 'Check it on Google Earth' the prince said. 'Tomorrow a journalist will write that I went to the moon with my car and I will have to react to that again'.

The lawyer of the prince even has a statement of Michaela Blankart, who organised the wedding, which says that the prince did not drive in a car-free zone...

Another storm in a teacup ....
Laurent is the whipping boy of the Belgians.

Prince Laurent, Princess Claire and their 3 childern visited the 'Tools Day' in Oudenaarde.

Pictures

Princess Claire of Belgium visits the Children's Home Queen Marie-Henriette. This home was founded in 1863 on the initiative of Queen Marie-Henriette of Belgium. Today the association is helping 140 children aged 0-14 years whose parents are in difficulties.

Pictures

Prince Laurent, Princess Claire and their 3 childern visited the 'Tools Day' in Oudenaarde.

Pictures

Great pics with the kids! It's so nice that they take them to official events from time to time.

On September 22, Prince Laurent as president attended the closing session of the workshop
on "cats in shelters" organized by the Animal Welfare Service of the Federal Public Health
at the Museum of Natural Sciences in Brussels.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

Het Nieuwsblad has an article about the prince:

Koninklijke familie zonder Laurent naar Europalia - Het Nieuwsblad

the article is speculating if the row between prince Laurent and his father has been solved. They claim that that is not the case. Proof is the absence of Laurent and Claire at Europalia, where all the other members of the RF did attend.

They are still banned. I appreciate Princess Claire's attitude.
As said the newspaper het Nieuwsblad, wait and see for November 15th!

Oh! Prince Laurent is yet bannished, why? I hope we will see him with the family at the next event, I think it is time to see the couple with the others members of the family, I think Queen Paola must be sad to live this sort of thing. The country must be united but also the royal family.
It is an us to see that members of the royal family banished ( Prince Charles of Belgium, Ex king of Belgium Leopold III and his Wife and children.). It is too bad an sad

He's not bannished, he has his own activities. Prince Laurent didn't go to Europalia a few times, while the rest of the family went. You know what this is? This is sensation press, bla bla bla, the king is bad, bla bla bla. :angry::angry: Don't believe this. Prince Laurent did very bad things, he search for problems, it's normal he had a sort of "punishment". But, now everything's all right again. Laurent is the "Enfant terrible" and that's very exiting for the Belgian press ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Princess Claire attended a charity concert in aid of Royal Charities called "Les berceaux de la
Princesse Paola / Wiegjes Prinses Paola" organised by East-Brussels and West- Brussels Rotary
Clubs at the Royal Conservatory of Brussels October 24, 2011.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** gallery **

I don’t know what will happen this week:
On French speaking TV wednesday 20 h 20 : Portrait du Prince Laurent : le prince a scandale !
He was the front-page of the Libre Match of this week too
Old teachers and witnesses of his childhood are saying how dramatic was his Education, his school-years etc...
His parents are now King and Queen of the Belgians.

Yes, it's a toabloid, and you know tabloids. The says prince Laurent was violent with his ex-girlfriend...

Last edited by a moderator:
RTBF broadcasted a documentary about Prince Laurent. It wasn't a very positive documentary about his childhood, behaviour, obsession with money, business deals, relations with his family, agressive manners with women,....
Revoir Questions à la une - Mercredi 30 Novembre à 20:20

An article about it: Google Vertaling

The talked about part: http://www.deredactie.be/cm/vrtnieuws/mediatheek/nieuws/binnenland/1.1166626
Laurent wants to buy his family an ice cream. Herman De Croo wants to pay for him, but Laurent refuses and insists on paying. After giving the ice creams to his children, he takes the money back.

Laurent's reaction to the program: http://translate.google.be/translat...il.aspx?artikelid=G43J2PIO&word=prins+laurent

Last edited:
A clip in English about the new controversy about Laurent. This time a former girfriend accuses him of molestation:

Videozone

Prince Laurent has inaugurated a lodging accomodation for homeless people with dogs
in Brussels, Tuesday, December 6, 2011.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** belga gallery **

To day Princess Claire for the first time cried and asked in name of her children and herself to stop charging her husband.

I am not sure if it was the wisest move, but remaining silent didn't work that well either over the last years. I am glad that Claire is showing some character!

Good for her! She is trying to protect her family as best she can... it isn't easy because Laurent is a rather difficult man. But this really wasn't an occasion where these personal matters should be discussed for heavens sake, which is a point she was trying to make. I hope the royal family give her a lot of support.

Still more pictures from the inauguration of a lodging accomodation for homeless people with dogs in Brussels on December 6, 2011:
APA-PictureDesk (gallery, part 1); APA-PictureDesk (gallery, part 2)
According to this blog, Mario Danneels -an autodidactic Flemish journalist who published his unauthorized biography of Queen Paola revealing King Albert's illegitimate daughter Delphine Boel in late 1999- is now preparing a biography of Prince Laurent which he plans to release early in 2012:
http://blog.soirmag.lesoir.be/rue-royale/2011/12/15/l’homme-par-qui-le-scandale-est-arrive/

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom