Prince Laurent and Princess Claire: News and Pictures, Part 3; June 2005 - Aug. 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cathérine Bergeyck said:
Claire's gyneacologist has ordered her to lay down untill the birth (in January) to avoid any risks or complications. I've often heard this about women expecting twins.

So more than likely the reason why she wasn't at Emmanuel's baptism last Saturday.

Expecting twins is considered by doctors like a risky pregnancy. And most of riskies pregnancies lead to the woman laid down on a bed to avoid any risk for the babies. As the babies are due in a month, I bet Claire will spend Christmas in her bed.

mandyy said:
#1-4: (Newscom) "EXCLUSIF" MARDI 30 SEPTEMBRE 2003 LE PRINCE LAURENT DE BELGIQUE ET LA PRINC ESSE CLAIRE DE BELGIQUE LE CHIEN KROPKA (May someone translate what this means? THX)

TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 30, 2003
PRINCE LAURENT OF BELGIUM AND PRINCESS CLAIRE OF BELGIUM WITH THEIR DOG, KROPKA.

funny i only see the dog on the 3rd pic.
but, thanks mandyy for the pics.

Meeting

I met prince Laurent 15 days before the twins were born, Chez Maxim's, Paris.

Laurent

I finally succeded in sending the photo!

Attachments

• Prince Laurent Chez Maxim's.jpg
    Prince Laurent Chez Maxim's.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 265
Well, that sounds interesting! What were the circumstances? Did you have a chance to talk with him?

BRUSSELS, BELGIUM : Prince Laurent of Belgium arrives to attend the inauguration of ecological fuel stand at the European Motor Show car fair, Thursday 12 January 2006, in Brussels.
(from belgapic)

Attachments

• p3766416.jpg
    p3766416.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 215
  • p3766417.jpg
    p3766417.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 273
  • p3766460.jpg
    p3766460.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 188
  • p3766521.jpg
    p3766521.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 194
  • p3766522.jpg
    p3766522.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 141
  • p3766535.jpg
    p3766535.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 202
  • p3766537.jpg
    p3766537.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 216
  • p3766538.jpg
    p3766538.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 135
  • p3766540.jpg
    p3766540.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 135
Does anyone know whether the twins are still in the hospital?

01/12/2006. Prince Laurent at 84th European Motor Show Brussels

#1-3: Newscom

Attachments

• gamma303968.jpg
    gamma303968.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 189
  • gamma303967.jpg
    gamma303967.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 202
  • gamma303962.jpg
    gamma303962.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 207
Yes, indeed Happy Birthday Claire.:) Since it's getting close to midnight in Belgium I hope she had a great birthday with everything her heart desired.:)

Happy Birthday to Claire! I hope she had a wonderful day with Laurent, Louise, Nicholas, and Aymeric!

Happy Birthday princess Claire!
Have a nice day, evening and night with your husband and three children!

How old is Princess Claire, now?

Yesterday prince Laurent opened a study day on the daily problems to do with traffic jams. He gave a speech (mumbling ans stumbling over his words). Princess Claire was present as well.

When they left, Laurent was in such a hurry, that one of his passangers didn't even have time to get in the car and fell out again.

Video at Donderdag 19/01-> 19u -> 9:45

http://www.vtm.be/nieuws/index_bekijkonline.htm

Thanks for the reference, Catherine! Poor guy was in a hurry to get back to his twins! Claire looked lovely in the little clip of her. I sure hope the twins are doing well.

Belgium's Royal Mums Take a Well-Deserved Break
1 FEBRUARY 2006

Belgium's Princess Claire has her hands full these days as she and her husband Prince Laurent put all their energies into looking after their new twins. The proud parents, who welcomed little princes Aymeric and Nicolas on December 13, got the chance to take a day off from their familial duties and catch up with old friends when they attended a reception at the Royal Palace on Tuesday.

Princess Claire was looking characteristically radiant in a belted tweed coat. The pretty royal, who has just turned 32, gave birth to princes Aymeric and Nicolas in December

Princess Claire, meanwhile, will barely have had a moment to herself in recent weeks. The elegant 32-year-old still managed to look radiant at Tuesday's event, however, in a belted tweed coat that showed she had already regained her figure. King Albert and Queen Paola were likewise in attendance for the event, which was staged as a slightly belated celebration of the new year.

Hello Magazine:
princesofbelgium3fi.jpg

claire7ao.jpg

Happy 32nd Princess Claire !!!!!!! I Must admit I Thought she was 25 lol !

Hi all!
A question out of curiosity: I have heard many times that Laurent has always been the 'enfant terrible' of the family but can anyone give me an example of his behaviour that proves this? (apart from his being fined for speeding, which, BTW runs in the family. LOL His father Albert also has a nice 'collection' of fines for speeding aboard his motorbike LOL)
It surprised me not to find a single picture of Laurent and Albert together when Laurent was growing up.
Thank you all in advance!
Martin

First of all there are pictures of Laurent and his father.
Laurent is a bit a special case because of his speeding (whereas Albert had the odd fine, Laurent has been caughts several times on a row, once making seven infractions on a row). He's always late (quite a contrast with the previous :)). In the past he was a real womanizer, and te opposite of other members of the RF who were rather serious, he likes to joke but sometimes he also takes things not serious enough. He's popular in Belgium (because of his humor), but also seen as uncapable.

Cathérine Bergeyck said:
First of all there are pictures of Laurent and his father.
Laurent is a bit a special case because of his speeding (whereas Albert had the odd fine, Laurent has been caughts several times on a row, once making seven infractions on a row). He's always late (quite a contrast with the previous :)). In the past he was a real womanizer, and te opposite of other members of the RF who were rather serious, he likes to joke but sometimes he also takes things not serious enough. He's popular in Belgium (because of his humor), but also seen as uncapable.
Thank you so much, Cathérine! :) Are those pictures on this forum and if so, do you know where? I think I've looked everywhere but couldn't find any :( *sad*
Just between us :), re: the 'odd fine': My father is a diplomat and we were in Belgium in the 70s and 80s and they (diplomats) all knew when Albert (prince at the time) was fined. They even used to joke with him about it! (Albert has great sense of humour. :) :) )
Thank you for your answer!
Cheers!
Martin

Prince Laurent of Belgium (R) and Brussels Minister of Environment Evelyne Huytebroeck (L) attend the ' Women's Earth ' prize-giving ceremony, Tuesday 21 February 2006, in Brussels. From Belga

Attachments

• 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 428
  • 02.jpg
    02.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 272
  • 03.jpg
    03.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 234
  • 04.jpg
    04.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 264
  • 05.jpg
    05.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 313
  • 06.jpg
    06.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 234
Does anyone know whether pictures of the twins exist?

Thank you.

Last edited:
20060307 - BRUSSELS, BELGIUM: Prince Laurent speeches after he received one the 28 ' Ecodynamic ' labels, awarding Brussels' environment friendly companies, as chairman of IRGT/KINT (Royal Institute for the Sustainable Management of Natural Resources and the Promotion of Clean Technology), Tuesday 07 March 2006 in Brussels.
from BELGA PHOTO /HERWIG VERGULT

Attachments

• p4016280.jpg
    p4016280.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 283
  • p4016193.jpg
    p4016193.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 310
  • p4016244.jpg
    p4016244.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 256
  • p4016245.jpg
    p4016245.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 303
  • p4016246.jpg
    p4016246.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 220
Belgian Prime Minister Guy Verhofstadt (C) and EU commission chairman Jose Manuel Barroso (2ndL) listen to Belgian Prince Laurent (R) as they attend the opening of the house of renewable energies, 22 March 2006 in Brussels.

from getty

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    48.5 KB · Views: 352
This is just too cute...

Prince Laurent drove himself in a Smart car to the new house of renewable energies

(photos from sipa press via fotobank)

Princess Claire was also present on this event.

This week there was also a gala dinner for the 10th anniversary for the prince Laurent foundation.

Priest Guy Gilbert was one of the persons present, like princess Léa and Edouard Vermeulen (of course :)).

Princess Claire wore a long red dress by Natan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom