Prince Laurent and Princess Claire: News and Pictures, Part 3; June 2005 - Aug. 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Translaion article (standaard.be)

PALACE DENIES CLAIRE HAD A MISCARRIAGE

22 Aug. 2005 15:53

BRUSSELS - Princess Claire nearly had a miscarriage on 21st of July (national day). That's what newspapers Het Belang van Limburg and Gazet van Antwerpen write today. The palace denies these rumours. Claire is expected to give birth to twins in January.

On the national day prince Laurent was absent from the military parade. The Royal House refused all comment at the time. Papers are now quoting intimate friends of the royal couple who say that Claire had very heavy bellyaches on that day. "The gyneacologist was able to prevent a miscarriage, but the princess has been ordered to rest a lot since then." According to these friends of the couple, the pregnancy is all but an easy and stable one. The palace strongly denied this news. "The princess is healthy. She was doing well before the 21st of July, on the 21st of July, and ever since she's been fine as well", is the answer to the question wether Claire is having a difficult pregnancy.

About the reason why Laurent and Claire were absent on the national day, the palace does not wish to comment.

Maybe having twins more harder for Claire,i hope she will get over soon and with the take care of Laurent she will be fine.

I hope everything is fine for her.

Harmony said:
I hope everything is fine for her.

Yes, she is fine. The article about her nearly having a miscarriage was made up.

Court confirmed there was never anything wrong with her.

O, thank God. I read about this and I was worried. I hope everything is okay with her and that the babies will be just fine. How dare they write such an article. That is so wrong.

Dennism said:
O, thank God. I read about this and I was worried. I hope everything is okay with her and that the babies will be just fine. How dare they write such an article. That is so wrong.

Yes, none of these crap articles appear on Philippe & Mathilde or Astrid & Lorenz. It are always Laurent& Claire who are going to split up, or lose their children according to the sensationalist press. Horrible, they're a normal couple and everything seems to be going fine for them so far...

Well said. You are right. Why are they the ones being picked on? I mean I could understand Philippe or Mathilde since they are the number 2 couple in the House after the king and queen. Maybe because they are so well-loved. Or Astrid and Lorenz? I don't know. It's just wrong what they are doing anyway.

It is strange why they picked on this couple so much? Have they offend the press somehow or other.

I don't believe that Laurent and Claire have offended the press. What I do believe is that it's a slow summer in terms of royal news.

Sure, there were the two pregnancy annoucements but that's really been it. I can just see the editor of the newspaper dying for a scoop and when Laurent didn't show up, he thought, "That's odd. What are the possible reasons why he wouldn't show up? Claire! Why? Problems with her pregnancy? She's had a miscarriage!!"

That's probably what happened. Ever notice that some of the most shocking Hollywood stories come out after a really long dry spell?

I think it’s utterly is disgusting that the media would stoop so low as to make up these kind of rumours. They should check their facts before printing their story and, when they have, they should have the decency not to publish whatever information they yield. If Claire did in fact nearly have a miscarriage, then she is most probably very scared and anxious at the moment (well, I think she would be anyway regardless of whether the rumours are true or not). She doesn’t need to hear these kinds of stories. I truly hope everything goes well for Claire, Laurent and the children.

I am wondering if any of the belgian posters here could inform me if it is true that Laurent called his aunt, Queen Fabiola, 'the spanish which'? I read it somewhere and I wouldn't be surprised as the two have a problematic relationship.

Marengo said:
I am wondering if any of the belgian posters here could inform me if it is true that Laurent called his aunt, Queen Fabiola, 'the spanish which'? I read it somewhere and I wouldn't be surprised as the two have a problematic relationship.

I've read it somewhere as well, Dont't know if it's true though.

But they don't get along at all that's true (Claire seems have a better relationship with Fabiola). Their characters are completey opposite .

I remember that at Philippe & Mathilde's wedding, Laurent and Fabiola had to share the same car to get to church, apparently that short ride already caused problems because for the rest of the day Fabiola hung with Joséphine-Charlotte & Jean of Luxemburg, and Laurent with Mathilde's sister Elisabeth d'Udekem d'Acoz :)

that incident was repeated again in the article I read as well! I have the same impression as you,Catherine, that Claire and Fabiola do appreciate each other.

The article also states that the Liege-children for a while were virtually raisd by their uncle and aunt. Is this true or, as I suspect, a bit over the top. Paola and Albert might have had difficulties in their marriage, but that would not have been a reason to place their children in the care of Baudouin and Fabiola I hope.

I for one really like the Belgian RF and especially Laurent and Claire. Laurent because from what I've read about him, is a huge and active supporter animal rights. Claire because she just seems to have her feet firm on the ground somehow.

My question to you all is, does anyone know what these two do for a living? Does Laurent work, for example? If so, what does he do?

princess olga said:
My question to you all is, does anyone know what these two do for a living? Does Laurent work, for example? If so, what does he do?

Laurent has his royal duties, for which he gets a very good salary:his royal dotation.

Princess Claire works half time as a surveyer. Now and then she accompanies Laurent on one of his duties, but she doesn't do any herself.

Here you can see Laurent's activities (there's no English version - sorry)

http://www.monarchie.be/nl/activities/search_result.php?keywords=&operator=AND&activity%5B%5D=0&persons%5B%5D=7&d0d=&d0m=&d0y=&d1d=&d1m=&d1y=&send=zoek&offset=1&offset=0

In case you're wondering about his dotation : it's 272.682,88 euro a year.

That is roughly 338,731 USD.

http://www.lalibre.be/article.phtml?id=10&subid=1105&art_id=239297

The prince Laurent and nature make one
M.I.G.
Put online on the 13/09/2005

Laurent, loving nature, was on visit yesterday on the site of the Lake of Bambois. He could appreciate the job of rescue of the ongoing site and pedagogic approach.

Yesterday at the end of morning, the prince Laurent arrived on the site of the lake of Bambois, to Fosses-la-Ville.
The Prince had informed authorities that he liked to rediscover the site which he had visited a dozen years ago of it. The younger of the royal family could discover this natural site together with eco-advisers, workers, but also primary schoolchildren communal of entity.

A fish in water

The prince Laurent stayed until beginning of the afternoon there, bringing a particular attention in the environmental and social actions which are led by the association Idef (Institute for the development of the child and the family) to the lake of Bambois. It stayed in each of the gardens didactic gardens which compose the site, of numerous questions to the representatives on the environmental characteristics of places.
One might as well say that it felt as a fish in water there. « I am happy to see an appeared environmental and social fleuron, he threw at the end of visit. It is also a social fleuron which allows the accessibility of nature first of all to every citizen, child or adult. It is really primordial. »
The Prince could therefore appreciate the job of rescue of the site on one hand and pedagogic approach on the other hand, which are performed by Idef since 1985. It besides did not hesitate to question the children on their knowledge regarding nature, but also to provoke questionings. « It tremendously questioned us on the bioticks of the lake, explains Patricia Nelis, employee in the lake. On all living beings who are reappeared further to efforts of cleanup, but also on the way the lake was constructed. »

A few days ago Laurent & Claire were present at the fashionshow of Belgian designer Pierre Gauthier. I saw some images on tv, Claire was wearing a black trouser suit and a light colored scarf, her belly was hardly visible (that's the advantage of black of course :)).

Thank you for this good news, Cathérine. I suppose Claire will have a light program till the birth of the twins.

She always has a light program, she accompanies Laurent on royal duties a few times a year and that's it, the rest are private visits (parties, balls, fashion shows) and her own job of course.

I think we will see her around Christmas on the photo.And then she will be heavily pregnant.

Posted by Renée at BRMB

"I have just seen in Place Royale Prince Laurent, Princess Claire and Princess Louise (walking) at a mini-trains exhibition last Sunday.
Has anyone found pix of the event ?
Princess Louise is very cute and looks very much like her cousins Elisa and Gabriel and Princess Claire is not very big."

Cathérine Bergeyck said:
Posted by Renée at BRMB

"I have just seen in Place Royale Prince Laurent, Princess Claire and Princess Louise (walking) at a mini-trains exhibition last Sunday.
Has anyone found pix of the event ?
Princess Louise is very cute and looks very much like her cousins Elisa and Gabriel and Princess Claire is not very big."

I saw it on tv too, she still has a small belly.

It doesn't mean a lot if she has a small belly. She will enter soon in the last trismester of pregancy, I believe she'll gain lot of belly. How big the belly is isn't an indication for the health of the baby, here the babies.

Yes yes, I never meant there was anyhing wrong with her, she's perfecty healthy and she looked that way too. Just beacuse we haven't seen her in while, I thought I'd immediately go to the description of what intrests us most :)

Hannelore said:
Yes yes, I never meant there was anyhing wrong with her, she's perfecty healthy and she looked that way too. Just because we haven't seen her in while, I thought I'd immediately go to the description of what intrests us most :)

Yes, of course. I understand your point. I will say I'm interested too in her belly.
Anyway, glad to see she's healthy and she has gone through the difficult three first months of her pregnancy. I hope the twins will be healthy.

I have seen on the television that Claire and Laurent with little Louise was on publick duty, are there any pictures of this? It was on TV by royalty a program over royal familys Now somone of er are pictures of this??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom