Prince Laurent And Princess Claire, Current Events, Part 2

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Laurent on a diet...

So these images should belong to the past...

Attachments

• 31.jpg
    31.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 303
  • 32.jpg
    32.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 403
  • 33.jpg
    33.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 361
  • 30.jpg
    30.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 267
Hannelore said:
So these images should belong to the past...

Ha ha ha.:) I found one more which has been posted a while ago, but it's kind of the same as the one above. It seems as if Laurent's expanding waistline may be due to the food Claire feeds him.

Attachments

• Claire and Laurent.JPG
    Claire and Laurent.JPG
    44.3 KB · Views: 285
Aw...poor Laurent. He looks better as a chubby man, though.

He'll probably start bribing people to feed him. Haha I can picture it now...

"Okay, Louise. You bring me a chocolate eclair and Daddy will buy you that dolly you wanted."

Prince Laurent and Princess Claire went to a memorial service for the pope at 10 o'clock this morning . ( Brussels)

Amiliaxxx

Pope John Paul II was a giant," says Danneels

Sun 03/04/05 - Cardinal Godfried Danneels led a memorial mass for John Paul II Sunday morning, praising him as a "giant" who led the church through difficult times.

< Hundreds of faithful had gathered at the gothic Sint-Michiels and Sint-Goedele Cathedral. The church was packed with people from all ages, from toddlers to pensioners.

N_050403_kardinaalDanneelsM-20050403-141633.jpg
spacer.gif
(foto Belga)The service had already been planned ahead of the Pope's death. However, what was supposed to be a mass expressing support for the suffering Pope, turned out to be a remembrance service.

Danneels led the service. "The pope is gone and the whole world holds its breath," he said. "The church has lost a great shepherd."

He stressed John Paul's support for better relations between Muslims and Jews as one of the highlights of his papacy. "He was a giant," Danneels said.

In a side section, people lined up to sign a condolence book.

Laurent and Claire attented the service
spacer.gif
Belgian prince Laurent and princess Claire represented the Belgian court at the service.

Also the Minister of Internal Affairs, Patrick Dewael was there, together with his colleague of Finance, Didier Reynders.

Prime Minister Guy Verhofstadt missed the service. He is in France, recovering after minor heart surgery.

Verhofstadt had expressed his condolences earlier: "Nobody will deny that John Paul II has played a big role in history."

Attachments

• 00.jpg
    00.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 265
Last edited:
More of Claire & Laurent at the mass

Attachments

• p00.jpg
    p00.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 283
  • p01.jpg
    p01.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 296
They both look really upset, especially Laurent. Thank you for the information and photos.

Prince Laurent and Princess Claire are married 2 years today:)

Amilia
xxx

April 15th

Prince Laurent attended a symposium on "véterinaires sans frontières" who celebrate their 10th anniversary at the nation's palace in Brussels. Representants of African tribes where the vets work were invited, and Laurent nearly dozed off during the speeches...

Attachments

• 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 307
  • 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 268
  • 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 222
  • 13.jpg
    13.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 290
With Mathilde being pregnant again, I'm actually quite sure we can expect Claire to anounce another pregnancy as well this year. What do you think?

When they got married, they said they wanted a large family, so they better get a move on ;) and besides, with Laurent being on a diet, he needs the exercise! :):)

Hannelore said:
Prince Laurent attended a symposium on "véterinaires sans frontières" who celebrate their 10th anniversary at the nation's palace in Brussels. Representants of African tribes where the vets work were invited, and Laurent nearly dozed off during the speeches...
Poor Laurent. I know that feeling. I'm sure the symposium was interesting though.
With Mathilde being pregnant again, I'm actually quite sure we can expect Claire to anounce another pregnancy as well this year. What do you think?

When they got married, they said they wanted a large family, so they better get a move on ;) and besides, with Laurent being on a diet, he needs the exercise! :):)
I actually thought Claire would announce another pregnancy before Mathilde. I think maybe in the summer or so we will hear 'important news' from them. ;)

Hannelore said:
April 15th

I hope he keeps his energy up!

Danielle said:
Poor Laurent. I know that feeling. I'm sure the symposium was interesting though.
I actually thought Claire would announce another pregnancy before Mathilde. I think maybe in the summer or so we will hear 'important news' from them. ;)

oh really!

she would add pregnancy if HM Queen and HM King would happy to become Grandparents again!

Sara Boyce

Prince Laurent arrived in his Smart car to visit an exhibition called " mussel nature ", in Brussels, part of the 175 anniversary of Belgium and the 25 anniversary of federalism.

03/05/2005

Attachments

• 05.jpg
    05.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 225
  • 09b.jpg
    09b.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 305
  • 09a.jpg
    09a.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 259
  • 09.jpg
    09.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 315
  • 08.jpg
    08.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 314
  • 07.jpg
    07.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 370
  • 06.jpg
    06.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 266
Claire & Laurent were at a fashion show marking the 30th anniversary of Olivier Strelli as fashion designer, late Thursday 09 June 2005, in Brussels.

Princess Mathilde is known to be a regular customer of Olivier Strelli, they are also personal friends.

Attachments

• 13.jpg
    13.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 189
  • 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 180
  • 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 183
  • 03.jpg
    03.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 229
  • 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 191
  • 04.jpg
    04.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 214
  • 02.jpg
    02.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 227
  • 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 217
  • 00.jpg
    00.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 233
  • 05.jpg
    05.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 242
I believe Princess Claire was wearing the same coat as she was wearing at the wedding of Felipe and Letizia. I thought is was from Natan? Wouldn't a creation from Olivier Strelli not have been more appropriate? Is there a protocol on these occasions: fashion shows etc.? Thank you

http://www.rtl.be/GED/Articles/strelli.jpg

Olivier Strelli souffle ses 30 bougies
void.gif
10-6-2005 14:25

Le créateur de mode belge Olivier Strelli a fêté hier en grande pompe, les 30 ans d'existence de sa griffe, reconnue et vendue dans le monde entier. Des invités de choix, dont le prince Laurent et la princesse Claire, étaient présents. Né en 1946 au Congo belge, Nissim Israël, alias Olivier Strelli, crée sa société "Nissim s.a." moins de 30 ans plus tard, en 1975, et lance sa première collection de chemises pour hommes, après avoir obtenu un diplôme d'ingénieur textile à Tournai et fréquenté la London School of Economics. La première boutique "Olivier Strelli" ouvre ses portes en 1978 à Saint-Tropez, un an avant la présentation à Paris de la première collection "Femme". Trente ans plus tard, la marque est vendue dans 13 boutiques de vente en nom propre (Bruxelles, Anvers, Knokke, Bruges, Louvain, Paris et Saint-Tropez), 4 boutiques franchisées et plus de 350 points de vente "multi-marques" dans le monde. Chaussures, montres, lunettes, linge de lit, Olivier Strelli touche aujourd'hui à tout. Il a rencontré et habillé quelques personnalités belges et étrangères, de la Reine Paola à la Princesse Mathilde, en passant par les Rolling Stones

Last edited by a moderator:
Belgium's Prince Laurent and Princess Claire arrive for the opening of Prince Laurent's foundation Oasis at the Edith Cavel hospital, Wedsnedsay 15 June 2005, for the opening of a special space inside the hospital where patients will be able to meet their domestic animals.

Attachments

• 53070422.jpg
    53070422.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 339
  • 53070441.jpg
    53070441.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 274
Belgium's Prince Laurent and Princess Claire arrive for the opening of Prince Laurent's foundation Oasis at the Edith Cavel hospital, Wedsnedsay 15 June 2005, for the opening of a special space inside the hospital where patients will be able to meet their domestic animals. Rumours have recently cicurlated about a possible separation of Princess Claire and Prince Laurent.

Attachments

• c6.jpg
    c6.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 529
  • c9.jpg
    c9.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 300
  • c8.jpg
    c8.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 450
  • c7.jpg
    c7.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 295
  • c5.jpg
    c5.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 227
  • c4.jpg
    c4.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 259
  • c3.jpg
    c3.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 302
06/14/2005. Prince Laurent at the Opening "Dog support" of the Police, in Brussels, Belgium

Attachments

• d1.jpg
    d1.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 342
  • d2.jpg
    d2.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 275
  • d3.jpg
    d3.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 301
  • d4.jpg
    d4.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 301
  • d5.jpg
    d5.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 285
  • d6.jpg
    d6.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 275
Royals reject rumours of
looming marital break-up

15 June 2005

BRUSSELS — Prince Laurent and Princess Claire have denied their marriage is on the rocks.

Opening a new ward of the Edith Cavel Hospital in Brussels on Wednesday, the prince was thronged by the media demanding answers to persistent rumours.

But the youngest son of King Albert denied he was having marital problems.

And as it to prove it, Princess Claire, who is of British extraction, accompanied him to the ceremony, broadcaster VRT reported.

Renewed rumours were sparked when Prince Laurent was shielded from the media at a ceremony to open a training school for police dogs on Tuesday.

One of the attending police officers later said Claire had left Laurent and if(flashinstalled == 2){document.write(" ");}else{document.write("
rad1B3E0.gif
");}the prince didn't want any difficult questions.

It comes as little surprise, because just four months ago reports surfaced about the royal couple's marriage problems after the prince attended a New Year's Eve reception alone at the royal palace.

Several days later, Princess Claire was seen with her husband again and the absence of the surveyor and real estate expert was attributed to her "professional activities".

However, the royal house never confirms or denies rumours, Dutch-language newspaper 'Het Nieuwsblad' reported on Wednesday.

A source told the newspaper that Claire, fed up with recent arguments, had packed her bags and left for Chaumont-Gistoux, where her parents live. She was still with her parents on Tuesday night.

However, mother Nicole Mertens denied Claire's marriage was over, stressing that her daughter visits two or three times each week with her baby, 16-month-old Louise.

The denials were later repeated by Claire as well, who opened up the boot of her car at her parents house to show she simply had a black leather bag with a few clothes in it.

"We three still form an excellent family," she said.

Nevertheless, the royal couple's security team has reportedly been divided into two teams, one for Laurent and one for Claire. All leave has been suspended to ensure the couple's safety.

[Copyright Expatica News 2005]

Interesting, this is the first time I am hearing of any rumors of the couple. I hope that the story is simply a tabloid invention. I like the two of them together.

Upcoming events

18th June : prince Laurent & princess Claire

Awarding prizes at the cartoon competition "Ha Ha Handicap" in Knokke-Heist

Prince Laurent Denies Marriage Is on the Rocks Thursday, 16 June 2005
laurent%20claire%20belgium.jpg
Belgium's Prince Laurent, the youngest son of King Albert II, today denied media reports that his marriage to commoner Princess Claire was falling apart.

Laurent, who married Briton Claire Coombs in 2003 and had a daughter with her in 2004, said the reports that his marriage was on the rocks were absurd.

"I don't know of any family which does not have normal problems, but this report is really sensational," Laurent told VRT television.

Belgian daily Het Nieuwsblad said the couple had been fighting for weeks, and that Claire had packed her bags and left her husband earlier this week and was staying with her parents.

The couple today opened a new hospital wing in Brussels together. Claire made no comment to reporters.

The outspoken, 40-year-old prince has had frequent run-ins with the media.

Last year Laurent, dubbed the royal "enfant terrible" in the Belgian press, said media coverage of his work and lifestyle was too critical.

The media pounced on Laurent's driving habits three years ago when the prince, then still a bachelor, was fined for seven traffic infractions, including speeding through a red light.

He reportedly was chased down by police through busy thoroughfares before he yielded and pulled over. The list of infractions also included illegally overtaking another car and driving without a seat belt.

Press Association June 15 2005

mandyy said:
Belgium's Prince Laurent and Princess Claire arrive for the opening of Prince Laurent's foundation Oasis at the Edith Cavel hospital, Wedsnedsay 15 June 2005, for the opening of a special space inside the hospital where patients will be able to meet their domestic animals. Rumours have recently cicurlated about a possible separation of Princess Claire and Prince Laurent.
Goodness, look at their facial expressions and body language. It speaks volumes. They look as if they might have had an argument before leaving the house and were still mad with one another. :(

This is the way they looked when reporters brought up "a possible divorce". I woudn't be pleased either, doing my work and having to listen to that non sense. They weren't pleased with the journalists, not with each other!!

These rumours of a split-up are based on nonsence.

Claire visits her parents (who don't live far from her and Laurent) a few times a week with Louise. People see her there and the papers write she's moved bach in with her parents.

Last week she arrived in a mercedes with a coat lying in the back. The papers wrote she arrived in a minivan with all her clothes in it. It's hopeless!

It was also said things aren't going well between them because Claire doesn't often accompany her husband on his duties, but she works half time and royal duties aren't her priority.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom