Prince Amedeo; News and Pictures, Part 1; July 2004 - Aug. 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, it´s a VERY good school. When would he start there? And how did you hear this if you don't mind my asking. We get no news on Amadeo here in the States. :( Guuys, get ready for pictures today!! :D

She got it from me (I suppose :)) and I got it from the site of the Belgian monarchy. He will start in September.

ailstalia said:
i heard amedeo is going to the london school of economics. is it a good university? does anyone know what kind of career he wants?

Hi, LSE is a very good university and quite competitive. :)

I think if you just click on http://www.vrtnieuws.net/nieuwsnet_master/default/english/overzicht/050727_amedeo/index.html?video_1 that link the video should be right in the middle...if it's not, I'm really sorry, I don't know. :( (If you tell me what the page says for you, I'll try and help if I can.:) )

I did find some new or at least newer photos from Bruno Press and off the non-english news site link posted farther up on this page...(vrtnieuws I believe...but I think it says the photos are from Belga. Sorry, I'm not really sure...)

Attachments

• military.jpg
    military.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 807
  • M_050727_amedeo2_b.jpg
    M_050727_amedeo2_b.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 689
  • M_050727_amedeo3_b.jpg
    M_050727_amedeo3_b.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 705
  • military new.jpg
    military new.jpg
    6.4 KB · Views: 2,834
He looks a lot like his father, but much cuter!;) Thanks for the pics and video link

CarolinaBlu said:
He looks a lot like his father, but much cuter!;) Thanks for the pics and video link

You're welcome. (Credit goes more to Mette2 for the original link:) ) Yeah, he does look like his father (and I think he looks some like his mother as well) and definitely much cuter!:D

thank you very much for this video, It was the first time that I heard him speak.
I hope he will give a real interview one day so we can find out more about him.

BeccaLynn07 said:
You're welcome. (Credit goes more to Mette2 for the original link:) ) Yeah, he does look like his father (and I think he looks some like his mother as well) and definitely much cuter!:D

Thanks BeccaLynn07:), but you were the one who found the page where the text is in English, which I'm sure more people understand than Flemish, so the credit certainly goes to you too.:)
Thank you for the pictures, and I agree that Amadeo looks a lot like his father, and also that he's cuter than his father.:D

Mette2 said:
Thanks BeccaLynn07:), but you were the one who found the page where the text is in English, which I'm sure more people understand than Flemish, so the credit certainly goes to you too.:)
Thank you for the pictures, and I agree that Amadeo looks a lot like his father, and also that he's cuter than his father.:D

Thanks. :eek: (I wondered what language that was...)

For those who haven't already checked, there's many new photos of Amedeo already posted in National Day 2005 that might interest you!:)

ailstalia said:
i heard amedeo is going to the london school of economics. is it a good university? does anyone know what kind of career he wants?

I think Prince Felix of Luxembourg went there fo a while.

He finished the RMA on July 29 and I find that the classes in LSE don't begin until October 3th (but they must go since september 30), so he's probably in Holidays ...

Edit: other sites said that classes begin on September 5th.

Last edited:
I have a question: when Amedeo starts to study,what will be his surname? I saw Harry was called Harry Wales.What will be his name at university?

So many to choose from...

liv said:
I have a question: when Amedeo starts to study,what will be his surname? I saw Harry was called Harry Wales.What will be his name at university?
I guess he has a choice of three:

Amedeo de Belgique/van Belgie
Amedeo Austria-Este
Amedeo Habsburg

He will probably use the first. Born an Archduke, he was created a Prince of Belgium in 1991.

Last edited by a moderator:
At the Royal Military Academy, he used Amedeo de Belgique. The image (from XII Labours) is of his name-tag.

Attachments

• Amedeodebelgique.jpg
    Amedeodebelgique.jpg
    2 KB · Views: 1,341
Since he is a Belgian prince in line of succession and living in Belgium, the name that is used in Belgium is Amedeo van België / de Belgique / von Belgien.

I think that must be in 1993, when princess Astrid was put in line of succession of the throne. As long as Prince Philippe wasn't married, Amedeo could have become king one day, so all the children of Astrid got the title of prince(ss) of Belgium.
Before 1993, Astrid wasn't in line of the throne, so Amedeo was successor of his father, and had only his title, of archduc of Österreich-Este.

Why wasn´t Astrid in line to the throne?So you think that in Belgium Amedeo will use the surname:de Belgique(of Belgium) and while he´s studying in London he will use Amedeo Austria-Este?

liv said:
Why wasn´t Astrid in line to the throne?
Astrid always has been, and still is, in line to the Throne.

Danielle said:
Astrid always has been, and still is, in line to the Throne.

I believed she could only in line to the Throne since 1991 and the abolition of the sadistic law...

aliocha said:
I believed she could only in line to the Throne since 1991 and the abolition of the sadistic law...
Oh yes, you are right. I completely forgot about the abolition of the Salic Law. Thank you.

No, and someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but before 1991 he wasn't a Prince of Belgium therefore couldn't use de Belgique. Before then, he was just Prince Imperial and Archduke of Austria-Este, Prince Royal of Hungary and Bohemia.

Danielle said:
No, and someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but before 1991 he wasn't a Prince of Belgium therefore couldn't use de Belgique. Before then, he was just Prince Imperial and Archduke of Austria-Este, Prince Royal of Hungary and Bohemia.

You're right. 1991 was the year the salic law was abolished, so that princess Astrid became 3rd in the line of succession; her husband, her children and future children were granted the title of prince of Belgium.

gaggleofcrazypeople said:
Thank you all! If I were him, I'd definately comeup with a name dealing with Bohemia just because it sound cool.

One thing important to know about royals is that they have names, and titles, which are differents from names. When they are Jean X, prince of Y, they bear the name X, but they can't, and will never, bear the name Y. For exemple, the Bourbon-Two-Sicilies are X de Borbon (or di Borbone, it depends on which branch they belong to), principe delle Due Sicilie. They will never be X delle Due Sicilie. That's the name with Amedeo and the title "prince of Bohemia". He's Amedeo of Belgium, imperial prince and archduke of Austria-Este, prince of Hungary, prince of Bohemia, but will never be Amedeo of Bohemia.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom