King Philippe and Queen Mathilde, Current Events, Part 1 (July 2013 - Sept. 2017)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
security/safety reasons I would imagine. if something happened to the plane,you don't want your whole royal family dead or hurt.

Sorry , I just heard they did travel separately to France yesterday.

King Philippe and Queen Mathilde are now on holiday in France
It is not known when Queen Mathilde and the kids will be back in Belgium, but King Philippe is expected to be back before july 31th and the mass for the 20th anniversary of the death of King Baudouin.

Article from Het Nieuwsblad

Although Philippe and Mathilde are of my favourite royals, I think their holidays immediately after Philippe's enthronement is not right. They could go in August.

Although Philippe and Mathilde are of my favourite royals, I think their holidays immediately after Philippe's enthronement is not right. They could go in August.

I think it was the only time possible. Philippe has to come back to work in August because of some official engagements that were already planned for King Albert and I suppose Mathilde and he will have to prepare with their team the Welcoming Tour (aka Joyeuses Entrées)

Philippe looks so happy and handsome :wub: and even if I don't like the color on Mathilde, she's the kind of woman who can pull off nearly everything she wears :lol:

Is the brooch one she worn before or is it for the consort as well?
She has worn this magnificent brooch before, in Albert and Charlene's wedding and the dutch Abdication dinner. She also used it as a hair ornament in the pre-wedding dinner of William and Kate. It was a gift from Queen Fabiola to Mathilde.
And as far as I know it's not for the consort.

Thanks for the photos!
King Philippe looked comfortable in his new role.

No introductory visit to Belgium by Dutch Royals

There will definitely be no introductory visit to Belgium by King Willem-Alexander and Queen Máxima of The Netherlands.Protocol says the shortest Reigning has to visit the longer Reigning "collegue" first,that would do if King Albert was still on the Throne.

Now King Filip has taken up the Reign the new King of Belgium should visit The Hague first.

The date the visit to Belgium was originally planned,october 14th,now is the date King Filip and Queen Mathilde will be visiting Sweden.

A new date for a Dutch visit has not yet been set.

So Lucien, Sweden will be their first State Visit abroad ?

I didn't say it was a State Visit by Filip and Mathilde,if anything more of aintro and family visit

Not by Filip and Mathilde but by WA and Maxima.

Wow, they have a very busy agenda these days, I love it! :D

Entering the Church we can see how happy King Philippe is.
Of course the belgian Nobility was their very best supporters.

A lot of jokes now because King Philippe travelled with a false ? identity card when he liked remain private. His name wad Philippe Dermulle...

A lot of jokes now because King Philippe travelled with a false ? identity card when he liked remain private. His name wad Philippe Dermulle...

I read the story on RTL. why so much fuss? I mean, it's not like having a false passport, just having an authorized documents with a fake name. but still, it was authorized. it has been done for ages in many countries (the duke and duchess of York - later King George VI and his consort Queen Elizabeth - were known as Mr and Mrs Johnson)

Last edited:
The Savoie abroad are de Sarre.
I studied in Oxford at the same School of Marie Beatrice de Sarre (the King of Italy youngest daughter)
The Habsbourg Duc de Bar.
Prince Lorenz for his work is or Archduke of H , or Prince of Belgium or Duc de Bar
Leopold III , Comte de Rethy etc...

King Philippe and Queen Mathilde attended the Solvay 150th Anniversary Celebration on October 9, 2013 in Brussels

Zimbio Gallery

On October 19 King Philippe and Queen Mathilde received Aung San Suu Kyi at the Royal Palace in Brussels.

** Pic **

King Philippe and Queen Mathilde attended a round table meeting with artists and the Ministers of Culture of the Flemish and French Community on the theme of promoting artists beyond language borders at the Palace in Brussels today, November 12:

** belga gallery ** apa/picturedesk ** gettyimages gallery **

Last edited:
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom