King Albert II and Queen Paola, Current Events; Part 3 (Aug. 2010 - July 2013)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Marengo

Administrator
Site Team
City
São Paulo
Country
Brazil
150px-Belgium_coa.png

Welcome to the 3rd thread for King Albert II and Queen Paola's current events.

The previous thread can be found here.
Please post current news of king Albert II and Queen Paola in this thread.

While doing so, please remember to follow the TRF posting guidelines and the copyright rules TRF Posting Rules & Guidelines :
  • In order to legally post copyrighted material, you must obtain written permission from the copyright owner.
  • No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
  • It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles.
  • Hotlinking of content from other websites is not permitted.
  • We expect our members to treat each other with respect.

Last edited:
By this time, the royal couple must be on vacation...
Does anyone know where? :)

Always in CHateauneuf de Grasse (south of France) - Their new ship is called ALPA (Albert and Paola).
They are going to marketplaces , the King is driving his motorbike without bodyguards, they are bying their newspapers in the shops like eveybody on holiday..
But their house has now a gate and I am sure that during their stay belgian and french police guards are doing their job.
They are never pictures of the whole family to gether ; their children are free to go where they want to.

Thanks, maria-olivia :)
Ah yes, I had heard about the new boat with their name, is sweet...
Well, they deserve some privacy.
But, do you know if there is here in the forum some vacation photos from previous years?

There are always bodyguards accompanying them, regardless where they are. And Albert stopped riding his motor bike years ago.

Here’s a picture gallery of their Villa "Le Romarin".
Le petit paradis de Chateauneuf
Throughout the year Albert and Paola spend many week/ends in this villa. There’s a concierge taking care of the estate when the royal couple is not staying in Châteauneuf. And the local policemen also keep an eye on it. Albert and/or Paola usually arrive on a private jet, operated by the Belgian air force. They have security agents, service staff, a chauffeur and a cook with them.
This Easter Prince Philippe and his family as well as Princess Claire and her children spent some time at “Le Romarin” with Albert and Paola. Prince Laurent preferred to stay at home.

King Albert attended the opening ceremony of the agricultural meeting
of Jodoigne, August 27, 2010 - with lots to see and taste..;)

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 **

Poland's President Bronislaw Komorowski is welcomed by King Albert before
their meeting at the Laeken Royal Palace in Brussels September 1, 2010.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

South Africa's President Jacob Zuma and King Albert II of Belgium during an audience, on Wednesday 29 September 2010, in at the Royal Castle in Laken-Laeken, Brussels.

Belga picture gallery

Yesterday, September 29, Queen Paola has visited the elementary school
Oostduinkerke. Two projects of this school have won the Price for Education
of the Queen Paola Foundation.

Wonderful how she interacts with the children! :)

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 **

:previous:I absolutely agree with you, iceflower and fancatt:flowers:! Incidentally, I read a couple of commentaries on the website of another school which Queen Paola visited some time ago. Several children had written that they would have liked to take her home with them afterwards because they wanted to get to know her better -really sweet...

Seriously? That's sweet :)
I believe that the Queen gets feedback from her visits, so she must be very happy...
By the way, do you know if there is any official visit planned? ***

In spite of doubting that she has the time to read such nice website commentaries etc. concerning her own activities, I hope for a lot of positive feedback on-site... She could do with it i.m.o. because I often receive the impression that she is a very modest, rather shy person who tends to underestimate herself.
Official visits, hmmm, I guess you mean state visits? Since neither De Belgische Monarchie - La Monarchie belge - Die Monarchie in Belgien - The Belgian Monarchy nor our dear iceflower has announced anything so far, we'll have yet to be patient:whistling:.

Belgium's Queen Paola walks in the gardens of the Royal Palace in Brussels surrounded by spouses of leaders attending the Asia-Europe Meeting (ASEM) October 4, 2010. European Union and Asian leaders will agree on Tuesday to boost domestic demand and investment through gradual liberalisation of domestic and international markets, a draft statement from their two-day meeting showed.

Pic 1 - Pic 2 - Pic 3 - Pic 4 - Pic 5

Pic 6 - Pic 7 - Pic 8 - Pic 9

Funny to see them in the "Salle du Trône" where King Albert II 's ancestors gave Balls!
Their Ladies or husbands where lucky to visit with Queen Paola the famous Laeken' s Glasshouses-
The whole Center of Brussels was closed 45 head of States!

In spite of doubting that she has the time to read such nice website commentaries etc. concerning her own activities, I hope for a lot of positive feedback on-site... She could do with it i.m.o. because I often receive the impression that she is a very modest, rather shy person who tends to underestimate herself.

I also have this impression... but you know, I think it is exactly this "image" of her I find most adorable :flowers:

:previous:I absolutely agree with you, iceflower and fancatt:flowers:! Incidentally, I read a couple of commentaries on the website of another school which Queen Paola visited some time ago. Several children had written that they would have liked to take her home with them afterwards because they wanted to get to know her better -really sweet...

That's really nice :) - and to get to know her better, not to play or something like that..

King Albert has received S.M. Sultan Haji Hassanal Bolkiah Mu'izzaddin Waddaulah,
Sultan and Yang Di-Pertuan de Brunei Darussalam today, October 5th:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

I hope the Sultan of Dubai arrived in time for his visit to the King. Yesterday the 44 head of States had to wait for the picture because he was late.

Really? Well, these are not the best host manners..;)

Today, on the second day of the Asia-Europe Meeting, there was another
reception at the Royal Palace King Albert attended:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** belga **

And guests arrived:

Queen Paola, Kim Yoon-ok, the wife of South Korean President Lee Myung-bak
and King Albert II pose for an official photo before a dinner at the Laeken Royal
Palace in Brussels October 5, 2010. Lee is on a four-day official visit to Belgium.

** Pic **

Chinese Premier Wen Jiabao and King Albert pose for a photo at Laeken Castle on
October 6, 2010 in Brussels, Belgium.

** Pic ** gettyimages **

Last edited:
Queen Paola of Belgium during her visit in the new production center of social enterprise Fournipac in Seilles (Andenne). October 12, 2010

Belga picture gallery:

BelgaPicture - Category details

Seeing Queen Paola as professionally dressed like this, one can easily imagine
her working in that business or as a chemistry professor with her students :)

Here are some nice additions:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 **

Paola reminds me of Germaine Greer - still attractive in their sixties....
and both, as you say, reminiscent of academics.

Reminiscent of academics...well, in this case I do second that albeit mostly, Queen Paola's delicate or sensitive charisma
makes me rather think of an artist :D -but she truly seems to be a multisided personality.
At any rate, the queen needn't be afraid of wearing her glasses at times i.m.o. since she looks fairly elegant even so -it's tasteful how
their shape echos a bit her beautifully curved eyes.

Totally different occasion, but very charming again:

Queen Paola today, October 14, attended the International Family Mediation conference
of the EU in Brussels.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** belga gallery **

Queen Paola, King Albert and outgoing Prime Minister Yves Leterme attend the opening session of
the Round Table conference on Poverty and Social Exclusion, in Brussels, during Belgian six months
presidency of European Union, October 18, 2010.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** belga gallery **

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom