Crown Prince Philippe and Crown Princess Mathilde: October 2004 - December 2004

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
These are old photos from Mathilde making a visit to the families of Belgian soldiers who were in Kososvo.

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 164
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 177
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 247
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 239
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 257
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 187
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 198
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 261
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 236
Last edited:
More of the same

Attachments

• 14.jpg
    14.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 294
  • 16.jpg
    16.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 166
  • 15.jpg
    15.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 181
  • 13.jpg
    13.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 197
  • 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 175
  • 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 151
  • 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 170
Last edited:
Mathilde is one pretty princess. I really like the pics of Mathilde´s gala gowns.Very princessy.

From: http://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty/2004/11/18/maximamathilde/

18 NOVEMBER 2004

There was a distinctly aristocratic feel to the United Nations headquarters in New York this week when two of Europe’s leading royals jetted in for a visit. Princess Mathilde of Belgium and Princess Maxima of the Netherlands met up in the Big Apple in an effort to help some of the world’s poorest communities.

Both women attended a gala event to launch the International Year of Microcredit on Wednesday evening. The United Nations is aiming to step up the fight against poverty next year, by offering small loans to would-be entrepreneurs in impoverished countries.

"A very small loan can change people's lives by enabling them to generate their own income with all the positive consequences that entails," explained Maxima. The 33-year-old argued that microcredits were one of the most effective ways of fighting poverty. “Let us not forget that a dollar earned is worth much more than a dollar received as a donation," she affirmed.

Mathilde meanwhile emphasised the role these loans can play in fighting sexual inequality. "The Year of Microcredit will highlight how women's talents and innovation, together with access to credit and savings, can give them the power to make long term investments in their families, communities, and their children's lives," she said.

The two women are not the only glamorous stars throwing their weight between the UN’s plans. Queen Rania of Jordan will also be acting as an emissary for the project, while veteran singer Enrique Iglesias is on the board of advisors.

Pictures:

1. The two royals admire a poncho given to Nan Annan, the wife of UN Secretary General Kofi
2. Mathilde (left) and Maxima are both backing the United Nation's new campaign to combat poverty
3. Indonesian singer Anggun greets the visitors

Attachments

• maximamathilde-dop3a.jpg
    maximamathilde-dop3a.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 193
  • maximamathilde-dop1a.jpg
    maximamathilde-dop1a.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 195
  • maximamathilde-dop2a.jpg
    maximamathilde-dop2a.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 201
Cathérine Bergeyck said:
Oh that's a pitty, but 5 hours is indeed a long time to maybe only catch a glimpse of her...:(

But Mathilde is a very active travelling woman, so I'm sure you'll still get the chance to 'bump into her' sooner or later ;):)
I think my best chances of seeing her would be if I went to Belgium while she and/or the rest of the royal family had an official engagement. It would cost more than a trainticket :D, but definitely worth a visit and it would be money well spent. :) But seeing as she is in Denmark I might go afterall, so if you get anymore information on her visit like time and location could you post it here? Thanks. :)

I love that white blouse Mathilde wore at the UN. She certainly knows the meaning of the words elegance and style :):):):)

Seems like there is a look-alike of Mathilde present in the world. I found small pic of a woman (from brainpix) who looks remarkably like Princess Mathilde of Belgium.
I am putting the pics together for better comparison...check it out.

The Real

1.jpg

The Fake

149474.jpg

hm, yes at a first glance they really look alike. Who is the 'fake Mathilde'?

ATH, BELGIUM: Princess Mathilde arrives for the concert to remember the victims of the gas pipeline blast of Ghislenghien, Saturday 27 November 2004 at the Saint-Julien church in Ath.

Attachments

• 13.jpg
    13.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 172
  • 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 178
  • 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 193
  • 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 188
Last edited:
More pics of Mathilde at the UN in New York, to launch the year of the microcredit (which she already promoted on the EM to China!)

Attachments

• 15.jpg
    15.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 170
  • 16.jpg
    16.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 183
  • 17.jpg
    17.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 711
  • 18.jpg
    18.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 408
Last edited:
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
spacer.gif

Article from VRT: Filip is klaar om koning te worden.

Translation at the bottom

Kroonprins Filip is klaar om koning te worden

ma 29/11/04 - Kroonprins Filip is klaar om koning te worden. Dat is de conclusie van waarnemers na de Belgische economische missie naar China. Op de vraag van Gazet van Antwerpen of hij er klaar voor is om koning te worden, antwoordt de prins: "Ik sta ter beschikking".

"Ik ben klaar om te dienen zoals mijn vader dat doet. Mijn vader en ik zijn er voor het hele land, te beginnen met de mensen".

Prins Filip wil weliswaar niet gezegd hebben dat zijn vader voortijdig zal aftreden. "De koning en ik vormen een team. Ik hoef met hem niet in competitie te gaan. We moeten niet vechten om dezelfde plaats. Dat is het mooie aan een monarchie".

Het is de eerste keer dat Filip zo openhartig spreekt met de pers. Tijdens de handelsmissie maakte de prins een sterke indruk op de deelnemers. De meer dan 450 deelnemers zijn zondag geland op Zaventem na een verblijf van ruim een week in China.

Prins Filip: "De koning en ik vormen een team. Ik hoef met hem niet in competitie te gaan."

"We moeten stoppen met navelstaarderij" De prins toonde zich tijdens het gesprek met de krant ook erg tevreden over de missie. "Ik ben een zeer gelukkig man. Ik ben gekomen om België op de kaart te zetten en dat is gelukt. De Chinezen nemen ons serieus".

"Het doet me ook plezier om te zien hoe de gemeenschappen hier samenwerken. Daar moeten we van leren. Dat moeten we thuis ook doen. In het buitenland moeten we veel meer als één land naar buiten treden".

"België moet ontwaken", voegt de prins eraan toe. "We moeten stoppen met navelstaarderij, veel meer zelfvertrouwen hebben, zelfbewust zijn en onze eigen identiteit vinden. Ik ben zeer ambitieus als het over België gaat".

"Mathilde en ik zijn in ons huwelijk heel dicht naar elkaar toe gegroeid."

Op de vraag hoe de prins terugkijkt op zijn 5-jarig huwelijk met Mathilde, antwoordt hij: "Mathilde en ik hebben elkaar leren ontdekken. We zijn in ons huwelijk heel dicht naar elkaar toe gegroeid. Mathilde is een prachtvrouw en een prachtmoeder".

"Ik heb enorm veel respect voor haar. Ze staat altijd klaar voor anderen, tot op een punt dat ze er zelf bijna aan ten onder gaat. Ze kan er niet tegen om iemand ongelukkig te zien. Ze is geweldig begaan met iedereen".

"Prinses Mathilde en ik leiden samen met de kinderen zoveel mogelijk een normaal gezinsleven, vooral 's avonds en tijdens de weekends. Dan zijn we samen zonder personeel. We zijn een normaal gezin zoals elk ander", zegt kroonprins Filip nog in de krant.

-----------------------------------

Crown prince Filip is ready to become king.

Monday 29/11/04 – Crown prince Filip is ready to become king, that’s the conclusion of observers after the Belgian economic mission to China. When Gazet Van Antwerpen (a Flemish newspaper) asks if he is ready, the prince answers: “I’m at Belgium’s disposal.”

“I’m ready to serve the country in the same way my father does. My father and I are there for the entire country, most of all for its people”.

But Filip doesn’t want to hear say that his father should abdicate. “The king and I make a team. I don’t need to compete with him. We don’t have to fight for the same place. That the beautiful thing about a monarchy.”

It’s the first time Filip talks so openly to the press. During his economic mission, the prince impressed the 450 participants. They came home on Sunday, after more than a week in China.

“We have to stop creating problems among us”

During the interview the prince said to be very pleased with about the mission. “I’m a satisfied man. I wanted to place Belgium on the map and we have succeeded in doing so. The Chinese take us seriously.”

“It also gives me a lot of fulfilment to see the communities (there are 3 different communities in Belgium) working together like this. Abroad we should step forward as one country.”

“Belgium has to wake up”, the prince added. “We have to stop creating problems among us, we should have more self confidence, be sure of ourselves and discover our own identity. I’m very ambitious when it comes to Belgium.”

“Mathilde and I have grown towards each other in our marriage”

When asked how he looks back on these first 5 years of his marriage with Mathilde, he answers: “Mathilde and I have learnt to discover each other. In our marriage we have grown very much towards each other. Mathilde is a beauty of a woman and a wonderful mother.”

“I have an enormous amount of respect for her. She’s always there for other people, to an extent where it nearly becomes too much for her. She can’t stand to see somebody being miserable. She has a great compassion for everybody.”

“Princess Mathilde and I try to live as normal a life as possible, with our children. Especially in the evenings and the weekends. Then we’re together without staff. We’re a normal family, like so many others,” adds Filip.

Last edited:
I wonder whether someone could post the photos and short article from colourpress.com concerning mathilde and maximas style?
that would be fantastic! thanks in advance.

also i will used this opportunity, although a little misplaced here, to ask what one actually has to do to access the new colourpress forum?? i am lost, although its not really a language problem...:-(

Some more photos from Chris.

3. Mathilde at the Unicef launch in Brussels
1,2. Gala at the Polish state visit to Belgium.

Attachments

• 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    116.8 KB · Views: 171
  • 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 259
  • 18.jpg
    18.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 253
Last edited:
Hannelore said:
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
spacer.gif

Article from VRT: Filip is klaar om koning te worden.

Translation at the bottom

Kroonprins Filip is klaar om koning te worden

ma 29/11/04 - Kroonprins Filip is klaar om koning te worden. Dat is de conclusie van waarnemers na de Belgische economische missie naar China. Op de vraag van Gazet van Antwerpen of hij er klaar voor is om koning te worden, antwoordt de prins: "Ik sta ter beschikking".

"Ik ben klaar om te dienen zoals mijn vader dat doet. Mijn vader en ik zijn er voor het hele land, te beginnen met de mensen".

Prins Filip wil weliswaar niet gezegd hebben dat zijn vader voortijdig zal aftreden. "De koning en ik vormen een team. Ik hoef met hem niet in competitie te gaan. We moeten niet vechten om dezelfde plaats. Dat is het mooie aan een monarchie".

Het is de eerste keer dat Filip zo openhartig spreekt met de pers. Tijdens de handelsmissie maakte de prins een sterke indruk op de deelnemers. De meer dan 450 deelnemers zijn zondag geland op Zaventem na een verblijf van ruim een week in China.

Prins Filip: "De koning en ik vormen een team. Ik hoef met hem niet in competitie te gaan."

"We moeten stoppen met navelstaarderij" De prins toonde zich tijdens het gesprek met de krant ook erg tevreden over de missie. "Ik ben een zeer gelukkig man. Ik ben gekomen om België op de kaart te zetten en dat is gelukt. De Chinezen nemen ons serieus".

"Het doet me ook plezier om te zien hoe de gemeenschappen hier samenwerken. Daar moeten we van leren. Dat moeten we thuis ook doen. In het buitenland moeten we veel meer als één land naar buiten treden".

"België moet ontwaken", voegt de prins eraan toe. "We moeten stoppen met navelstaarderij, veel meer zelfvertrouwen hebben, zelfbewust zijn en onze eigen identiteit vinden. Ik ben zeer ambitieus als het over België gaat".

"Mathilde en ik zijn in ons huwelijk heel dicht naar elkaar toe gegroeid."

Op de vraag hoe de prins terugkijkt op zijn 5-jarig huwelijk met Mathilde, antwoordt hij: "Mathilde en ik hebben elkaar leren ontdekken. We zijn in ons huwelijk heel dicht naar elkaar toe gegroeid. Mathilde is een prachtvrouw en een prachtmoeder".

"Ik heb enorm veel respect voor haar. Ze staat altijd klaar voor anderen, tot op een punt dat ze er zelf bijna aan ten onder gaat. Ze kan er niet tegen om iemand ongelukkig te zien. Ze is geweldig begaan met iedereen".

"Prinses Mathilde en ik leiden samen met de kinderen zoveel mogelijk een normaal gezinsleven, vooral 's avonds en tijdens de weekends. Dan zijn we samen zonder personeel. We zijn een normaal gezin zoals elk ander", zegt kroonprins Filip nog in de krant.

-----------------------------------

Crown prince Filip is ready to become king.

Monday 29/11/04 – Crown prince Filip is ready to become king, that’s the conclusion of observers after the Belgian economic mission to China. When Gazet Van Antwerpen (a Flemish newspaper) asks if he is ready, the prince answers: “I’m at Belgium’s disposal.”

“I’m ready to serve the country in the same way my father does. My father and I are there for the entire country, most of all for its people”.

But Filip doesn’t want to hear say that his father should abdicate. “The king and I make a team. I don’t need to compete with him. We don’t have to fight for the same place. That the beautiful thing about a monarchy.”

It’s the first time Filip talks so openly to the press. During his economic mission, the prince impressed the 450 participants. They came home on Sunday, after more than a week in China.

“We have to stop creating problems among us”

During the interview the prince said to be very pleased with about the mission. “I’m a satisfied man. I wanted to place Belgium on the map and we have succeeded in doing so. The Chinese take us seriously.”

“It also gives me a lot of fulfilment to see the communities (there are 3 different communities in Belgium) working together like this. Abroad we should step forward as one country.”

“Belgium has to wake up”, the prince added. “We have to stop creating problems among us, we should have more self confidence, be sure of ourselves and discover our own identity. I’m very ambitious when it comes to Belgium.”

“Mathilde and I have grown towards each other in our marriage”

When asked how he looks back on these first 5 years of his marriage with Mathilde, he answers: “Mathilde and I have learnt to discover each other. In our marriage we have grown very much towards each other. Mathilde is a beauty of a woman and a wonderful mother.”

“I have an enormous amount of respect for her. She’s always there for other people, to an extent where it nearly becomes too much for her. She can’t stand to see somebody being miserable. She has a great compassion for everybody.”

“Princess Mathilde and I try to live as normal a life as possible, with our children. Especially in the evenings and the weekends. Then we’re together without staff. We’re a normal family, like so many others,” adds Filip.
Hannelore thank you very much for this. I saw it on VRT, and was really interested in knowing what it said. I was going to ask if someone could translate it, but there's no need for that now. Thanks again. :)

Caricature of Prince Phillippe and Princess Mathilde..

Attachments

• mathilde.gif
    mathilde.gif
    11.7 KB · Views: 296
  • philippe.gif
    philippe.gif
    10 KB · Views: 266
Look a lot like Philippe and Mathilde,pdas1201.These pics are very funny.Thanks you for that.

Le Prince s'attaque au VB
Le Soir en ligne

http://www.lesoir.be/mediastore/_SEL/Belgique/decembre/_01_Philippe_Belga.jpg
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]

Dans une interview pour le magazine Story effectuée lors de sa mission en Chine, le prince Philippe émet de vives critiques à l'encontre du parti Vlaams Belang. Le Premier ministre Guy Verhofstadt souligne que le Prince doit garder son devoir de réserve.
"Dans notre pays il y a des personnes, des partis tels que le Vlaams Belang, qui sont contre la Belgique, et veulent détruire notre pays. Je peux vous assurer qu'ils auront affaire à moi", a affirmé le Prince.
Les chaînes de télévision VTM et RTL ont diffusé l'information mardi soir. Réagissant à ces déclarations, le Premier ministre Guy Verhofstadt a indiqué qu'il avait eu un entretien avec le Prince Philippe au sujet de cette conversation. Il a souligné que le Prince devait se tenir à une certaine réserve.
Même si je puis m'imaginer que le Prince se dresse contre certains partis qui défendent la scission du pays, cela ne correspond pas au rôle constitutionnel actuel et surtout futur du Prince dans notre pays. Ce rôle requiert une certaine réserve dans les propos, particulièrement sur les partis politiques, même lorsque ces partis ne veulent pas du bien à l'avenir de notre pays, a indiqué le Premier ministre dans un communiqué. Cette conversation est à mettre sur le compte d'un moment émotionnel qu'a connu le Prince, qui tient particulièrement à sa mission comme Président d'honneur de l'Agence pour le Commerce extérieur, a relativisé le Premier ministre.
Le N-VA et Spirit, le prince Philippe n'a pas à exprimer son opinion sur les partis politiques. Le président de la Chambre des représentants, Herman De Croo, s'est montré compréhensif, ce mercredi sur les ondes de La Première. Le prince Philippe est un homme très motivé. Peut-on le confiner au silence à tout jamais uniquement parce qu'il est l'héritier d'une monarchie contractuelle, constitutionnelle? C'est un débat, s'est interrogé M. De Croo. Je crois que je ne lui aurais pas conseillé de le dire, mais le fait qu'il l'ait fait est aussi quelque chose de positif pour ouvrir les yeux à des millions de Flamands, de Bruxellois et de Belges qui croient avoir affaire à un petit parti de droite innocent tout à fait adapté aux affaires, a encore déclaré le président de la chambre, dans un entretien accordé à la radio publique.
(D'après Belga)
end.gif

[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]

[/FONT]

Last edited by a moderator:
summary of the article:

First I should say that Vlaams Belang is the same as Vlaams Blok, they're a racist and fascist political party. They have been convicted by court for inciting hate towards other people, therefor they changed their name to continue to exist. A summary of their ideas can be found in Hitler's Mein Kampf.

None of the Belgian political parties want to cooperate with them, but at each election they win votes because this way, a lot of (stupid ignorant) people think they're the only 'real' party of the opposition.

They want to do away with the monarchy, and have a seperate Flemish state for Flemish people, not for francophones, not for people with other religions or nationalities.

Summary

In an interview with the Flemish magazine Story, Prince Filip has severely criticized the Vlaams Belang. He said: “In our country there are persons, like the ones from the Vlaams Belang, who are against Belgium and want to destroy our state. I can assure you they’ll meet me on their way.”

Normally the members of the Belgian RF are not supposed to make declarations on politics without the strict approval of a minister. Prime Minister Verhofstadt is not too pleased with Filip’s declarations, but doesn’t exaggerate them either.

President of the chamber, Mr. DeCroo says it would have been better not to say anything, but he understands that Filip has his opinions, that he’s a very motivated man. He also emphasizes that what Filip says is true, that the Vlaams Belang is not an innocent party, and he hopes Filip can open the eyes of people who think otherwise

BTW I think what Filip has done is correct. members of the RF should normally not mingle in politics, but an a case as extreme as this one, I think he took the right decision.

What he said to the man from Story was BTW not in an interview, but during a talk with him on the gala night in Shanghai. Story decided to publish it. Court probably knew about that and didn't interveen, so I guess Filip wanted his words to be known.

what is going on with flip, am watching the belgian tv and he said something. He must know that there are times when to keep your mouth shut.

I agree with Hannelore, it was a very good thing to do for Philippe. This isn't just any party. They even want to abolish democracy. He's right to speak up.

He said what a lot of people think.

void.gif

http://www.rtl.be/Uploads/MEDIASTORE/79519.jpg

« Pas de devoir de réserve pour le prince Philippe
"Le prince Philippe n'a rien dit de dérangeant au regard de la Constitution. Le premier ministre Guy Verhofstadt s'est mépris sur les règles constitutionnelles", a indiqué Marc Uyttendaele, avocat et constitutionnaliste à l'ULB. Constitutionnellement, aucun devoir de réserve n'est imposé aux membres de la famille royale, exception faite du Roi.

"La personne du Roi est inviolable; ses ministres sont responsables" a rappelé Marc Uyttendaele citant l'article 88 de la Constitution belge. "En conséquence, le Roi ne peut jamais s'adresser en public sans l'accord d'un ministre, que ce soit sur le principe de communiquer ou sur le contenu lui-même", a déclaré le constitutionnaliste. C'est le principe de la règle du contreseing ministériel.

Constitutionnellement le reste de la famille royale n'est pas tenu à un quelconque devoir de réserve. Aucune mention n'est faite à ce sujet dans la Constitution. "Pour le reste de la famille royale, la règle du contreseing ministériel ne s'applique pas", d'après Marc Uyttendaele.

http://www.rtl.be/Uploads/MEDIASTORE/79520.jpg

Selon l'avocat, le fait de s'exprimer "est un choix individuel du prince Philippe". En tant que sénateur de droit et de futur héritier au trône, "on peut considérer que cela pourrait poser problème en vue d'une intronisation", a précisé le Constitutionnaliste.

Par contre, il est clair, selon Me Uyttendaele, que le "premier ministre Guy Verhofstadt s'est mépris sur les règles constitutionnelles". Le chef du gouvernement a en effet indiqué que le Prince sortait de son rôle constitutionnel en s'exprimant à propos d'un parti politique. Il n'en est rien selon Marc Uyttendaele. Sur un plan politique, Me Uyttendaele constate qui si le prince s'était exprimé sur une question internationale, ça n'aurait pas créé un tel débat. "Le Prince a touché à quelque chose qui déplaît aux Flamands, à un tabou, qui ne concerne pas uniquement la Flandre", a encore indiqué le constitutionnaliste.

Last edited by a moderator:
Summary:

Prince Philippe doesn't have the obligation to stay neutral, or to be covered by a minister like the king does. According to the law he is free to speak his mind.

If Philippe would have said something about an international conflict, it woudn't have caused a stirr, but now he touched something that's still a taboo in Flanders. A problem that they can't solve.

Cathérine Bergeyck said:
Summary:

Prince Philippe doesn't have the obligation to stay neutral, or to be covered by a minister like the king does. According to the law he is free to speak his mind.

If Philippe would have said something about an international conflict, it woudn't have caused a stirr, but now he touched something that's still a taboo in Flanders. A problem that they can't solve.
technically he might not have that obligation but is it certain that he is a bright person? It is a slippery slope if he gets overconfident he is bound to say something desastrous.
I would not be surprised if his parents are a bit worried.

He said that he didn't want Belgium to be destroyed.

It's a good thing he reacted against those fascists, something the Flemish government aparently doesn't have the guts to do.

Reactions from Flemish politicians aren't mild, but the francophone politicians and a lot of people in Flanders agree.

karolinabraganza said:
I wonder whether someone could post the photos and short article from colourpress.com concerning mathilde and maximas style?
that would be fantastic! thanks in advance.

also i will used this opportunity, although a little misplaced here, to ask what one actually has to do to access the new colourpress forum?? i am lost, although its not really a language problem...:-(
Here you go Karolina

http://www.colourpress.com/index.cfm?GoTo=frontend/fotos/showSerie.cfm&nPictureSerieNo=3598

The article:

Maxima and Mathilde wearing same clothes
transpx.gif
transpx.gif
transpx.gif
The new generation of European princesses are elegant, modern, charming and very into fashion.

Of course, when you are a princess you have the opportunity to buy expensive clothes by famous designers, for the official duties your position brings you.

Therefore most princesses have a favorite designer. For Princess Maxima it''s the Belgium designer Edouard Vermeulen. He always makes sure that the princess of Holland is well dressed and makes sure that non of his DUTCH Clients will buy the same dress as the princess.

What he forgot is that sometimes Holland meet Belgium.

HEREBY PRINCESS MAXIMA AND PRINCESS MATHILDE WITH.....THE SAME CLOTHES BY EDOUARD VERMEULEN

COPYRIGHT PICTURE PRESS EUROPE

To find your way around colourpress, visit this thread: http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3983

Thanks. This mathilde and Maxima wearing the same shoudn't be exaggerated either. It's only been 3 or 4 times that they wore exactly the same (and there's hardly anything wrong with having the same purse), sometimes you really see it comes from the same collection, like with the tweed outfits recently.

Maybe it's just my impression, but doesn't Mathilde wear a lot more of Natan than Máxima?

Photos from years ago.

Prince Philippe with Maria Anna, Hélène and Elisabeth, duchesses in Bavaria. They were at a wedding.

Helene was also a witness at philippe's wedding in 1999.

Attachments

• phil bavatiz.jpg
    phil bavatiz.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 277
  • 0.jpg
    0.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 284
02/12/2004

Mathilde was present at the international conference on Child Abuse and Neglect in Leuven. The conference was placed under her high patronage, and she also held the openings speech.

This conference brought together experts from allover the world who gave a progress report on scientific research concerning the children abuse.

Attachments

• 0.jpg
    0.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 2,077
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 611
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 846
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg