Crown Prince Philippe and Crown Princess Mathilde: Current News Part 9

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
BRUSSELS, BELGIUM: Belgium's Prince Philippe (R) and Remo Pellichero (C), CEO of SABCA, inaugurate the new Airbus A380 assembly hall, Monday 12 December 2005 in Brussels. Belgian company Sabca is specialized in aerospace design, manufacturing and customer support.
(pictures from belgapic)

Attachments

• p3689364.jpg
    p3689364.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 219
  • p3689365.jpg
    p3689365.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 226
  • p3689370.jpg
    p3689370.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 285
  • p3689378.jpg
    p3689378.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 487
  • p3689396.jpg
    p3689396.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 219
That the Princess Mathilde does not go to the christmas concert this year.:confused:

Firstly, thank you fanletizia and purple_platinum for the current pictures of Philippe.:) It's nice to have picture of him whenever he's out on royal duties. Also thank you Cathérine for telling about Philippe's visit to Limburg.:)

Secondly, there are a few more pictures of Mathilde handing out her prize on December 6th. The pictures are from picturedesk/contrast.
Thank you for the speech from this event Cathérine.:)

Attachments

• 6751584.jpg
    6751584.jpg
    6.7 KB · Views: 290
  • 6751583.jpg
    6751583.jpg
    9.3 KB · Views: 285
  • 6751579.jpg
    6751579.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 306
I have been away for the past several days -- so just want to say many thanks for the pictures and translation of Mathilde's speech when she handed out the award in her name. And, although it is a different thread, thanks too for the photos and commentary about Emmanuelle's baptism -- a beautiful ceremony. Does anyone know when we can next expect to see Mathilde?

Emily said:
I have been away for the past several days -- so just want to say many thanks for the pictures and translation of Mathilde's speech when she handed out the award in her name. And, although it is a different thread, thanks too for the photos and commentary about Emmanuelle's baptism -- a beautiful ceremony. Does anyone know when we can next expect to see Mathilde?

It's Emmanuel, not Emmanuelle, which is a girl name.

Emily said:
Does anyone know when we can next expect to see Mathilde?

Today (Dec. 13) she visited a Fabergé exposition in Brussels, together with queen Paola. I haven't seen any pictures yet.

Philippe & Mathilde visit their new nephews Nicolas & Emeric in hospital.

That cardigan looks so good on Mathilde!

Belga.

Thank you so much for the information and the photos, Catherine! Isn't that a great cardigan? Quite eyecatching. Did Gabriel go to see his new cousins, too or just Elisabeth? Love seeing this family!

Thank you for the photos and the explanation, Catherine!

Friday 16 December 2005. Prince Philippe attend a working meeting and visit the laboratory of research and development.

from belga

Attachments

• p3703310.jpg
    p3703310.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 311
  • 41.jpg
    41.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 221
  • 42.jpg
    42.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 196
Last edited:
Does anyone know when we can see next espect to see Mathilde?:) ;)

Emily said:
Thank you so much for the information and the photos, Catherine! Isn't that a great cardigan? Quite eyecatching. Did Gabriel go to see his new cousins, too or just Elisabeth? Love seeing this family!

It was just Elisabeth. It was Wednesday around noon, so I expect they picked her up from school and then drove to the hospital.

Getty
Facetoface

I always enjoy seeing the pictures of this family. Thank you so much Catherine.

selminha said:
Does anyone know when we can see next espect to see Mathilde?:) ;)

Apparently she won't be present at the christmas concert in a few days.

I think she'll really start working again after the christmas holidays, when Elisabeth goes back to school, so beginning of January.

If you would like to send your christmas wishes to Philippe & Mathilde, and get a special christmas card (with photo) back, the address is :

The Duke and Duchess of Brabant
Rue Bréderode, 16
1000 Brussels

Thank you for that information, Catherine. I have a question, for some reason I thought there was an event on the 16th that PM was going to attend, although I can't recall what it was or where I read it. Does anyone have more information? I'm also sorry we won't see her at the concert but in many of the photos, I think she still looks very tired so I am not surprised. I have heard from friends that the difference between having two children and having three - or more - is the biggest change because you realize you don't have enough hands and have "lost control" in the sense that there are things you have to let slide -- wondering if they are feeling overwhelmed, despite the nanny!

I think the event the 16th was the visit in Brussels to an exposition of Fabergé eggs. She went there with Paola.
On the site of the monarchy it says that it was a private event, so maybe that's why there are no pictures. I didn't see anything on the Belgian royalty programs about it either.

I thought Mathilde already looked less tired on the photos where she's visiting Claire in hospital, but it must be tiring having 3 small children of course, even with the help from a nanny, because I know Mathilde & Philippe like to do as much as posible themselves. In the evening the nanny goes home and it's 'just' the 5 of them. She's still breastfeeding Emmanuel as well.

I think Philippe gets more and more handsome as he ages.

On the 10th of January 2006 Philippe & Mathilde will visit Crédal, the organisation that won this year's princess Mathilde prize.

Last edited:
Catherine, thanks for that date -- I'll make a note to myself! I was wondering if they would make any special Christmas Eve appearances like they did last year? Any ideas? I also wonder if you know where the royal family spends Christmas -- are they (the whole RF) necessarily all together or does Mathilde go to her parents home?

Cathérine, knows when is that the school in January starts? :) Merry Christmas to you.;)

Emily said:
Catherine, thanks for that date -- I'll make a note to myself! I was wondering if they would make any special Christmas Eve appearances like they did last year? Any ideas? I also wonder if you know where the royal family spends Christmas -- are they (the whole RF) necessarily all together or does Mathilde go to her parents home?

I know nothing about any special appearance, but I believe last year it wasn't anounced either (Mathilde spent christmas eve with the poor who got a free diner in a church in Antwerp & Philippe was with the Belgian soldiers in Afghanistan).

As to where they spend christmas. I think they probably do like the rest of the Belgians : a day at Philippe's family and a day at Mathilde's. They (the entire family) is very close to the Luxemburg grandducal family, so I expect they meet up for christmas as well.

Philippe and Mathilde (with the children) also go skiing each year, but that could also be during the easter holidays, or another time.

selminha said:
Cathérine, knows when is that the school in January starts? :) Merry Christmas to you.;)

I have no idea...I'm not at school anymore and I don't have any children yet. It's just when I see the shopping streets invaded by masses of people that I notice there are holidays :)

Merry christmas to you too!

Cathérine Bergeyck said:
I have no idea...I'm not at school anymore and I don't have any children yet.

i agree. its a whole different world when you're working.

I thought to remember that in the Special about Philippe and Mathilde 2003 that in a short interview Philippe said he had arranged something, it was a surprise for Mathilde on Christmass eve. On what Mathilde said that it is a great joy to have surprises in life.
I might be wrong, I should take a new look.

martha-louise said:
I thought to remember that in the Special about Philippe and Mathilde 2003 that in a short interview Philippe said he had arranged something, it was a surprise for Mathilde on Christmass eve. On what Mathilde said that it is a great joy to have surprises in life.
I might be wrong, I should take a new look.

I don't know about Christmas Eve surprises, but I believe Philippe was asked what he was doing for their fifth wedding anniversary last year and he said then that he was planning a surprise for his wife. Also, Catherine, thank you for the responses to my questions. I also want to take this time to express my heartfelt thanks to all who post pictures and answer questions and otherwise contribute to my understanding of the Belgian Royal Family. In particular, I wish to single out Catherine for extra thanks -- your knowledge and willingness to answer my endless questions are greatly appreciated! I so much enjoy the integrity of the information exchanged and the polite discourse that goes on in the BRF threads. A Merry Christmas to all of you and wishes for health and happiness in 2006!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom