Crown Prince Philippe and Crown Princess Mathilde - Current Events part 17

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Crown Princess Mathilde's calendar seems to be full.

Yes, it is. She seems to have the fullest agenda of all Belgian Royals right now. The end of this week she has two more official events, after which she will join her husband on his economic mission in Indonesia and Singapore, and not even a week after she has returned she will have another two events.

Here are some more pics from today:

Princess Mathilde of Belgium attends the World day against Child
Abuse, organised by BZN De Stobbe and BZN Atlas at the Antwerp
Justice Palace, Belgium, 19 November 2008.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 ** Pic 7 **

It is really good that Crown Princely couple has undertaken and will undertake various official engagements. This will add to a positive coverage of Crown Prince Philippe and Crown Princess Mathilde by enabling the media to provide adequate reports about a visit and and the public to see a particular visit.

The irony is that this visit of Mathilde, for example, didn't get any coverage at all, at least on the "state" television. I can't get commercial tv at home right now, so I couldn't check.

Just like the economic mission of CP Philippe to South America: very little coverage. It's sad but true: the RF only gets into the news when it's negative, almost never when it's positive. (Last weekend being an exception, but then again, there was a lot of discussion about the royal dotations as well, so that sort of countered the positive part)

The irony is that this visit of Mathilde, for example, didn't get any coverage at all, at least on the "state" television. I can't get commercial tv at home right now, so I couldn't check.
Just like the economic mission of CP Philippe to South America: very little coverage. It's sad but true: the RF only gets into the news when it's negative, almost never when it's positive. (Last weekend being an exception, but then again, there was a lot of discussion about the royal dotations as well, so that sort of countered the positive part)[my bolding]
You are right. Lack of the positive media coverage allows some parties to claim that Crown Princely couple does not do enough.

That, and of course it creates the impression that they never do anything good. Which is so completely ridiculous. Belgium would loose half its attraction without the royal family as PR. Kings & princes still exude another kind of importance than Presidents or Ministers (imo anyway). Even though I agree that some media training wouldn't be a bad thing, I believe they are all doing a good job.

It is really sad that the media focuses so intensely on things that are negative. The Belgian Royal family do a lot of great things. The Belgian people would certainly be very proud of their royals (if they were aware of what they were doing).

It is a fact that not everythime when there is a activity that is appears on the news but on comercial television they come more often in the news. When their is a state visit the national television covers it daily.

But bad news they always show on the news but I think that is not only with the royals also with politics and almost 65% of the coverages during the news are not "good" news. People always focus on bad news and television mostly the comercial ones are looking for sensation.

Pics 21.11.2008

Princess Mathilde of Belgium reads a story for children of the nursery
and primary school 'Kakelbont' in Brussels during the Reading breakfast
(Voorleesontbijt) of the Read aloud week (Voorleesweek) organized by
Reading association Stichting Lezen, November 21, 2008.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4**

** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 ** Pic 7 ** Pic 8 **

Last edited:
When I see Princess Mathilde dressed by Natan visiting a school , I remember years ago when my son who is now 33 years old was in a special school for handicaped children.
One day the School had the visit of Prince Philippe (before his wedding). Parents told us sadely that they received a letter from the Direction asking them not to put their child this very day because they should perhaps have an inexpected behavior!!

For those of you who want to hear her voice, here's a clip (vrt). I think she reads really well.

Some more pics (belga).

Prince Philippe, in the mean time, attended the 'European Banking Congress' at Alte Oper in Frankfurt Main, Germany today. Some pics (also belga):

1 * 2 * 3 * 4

maria-olivia, that is a really sad story. I can't believe people have done that. That is so downright rude.
and I'm sad to say that I've heard other stories like that. I just don't understand why this happens.

Last edited:
I think that she'll make a wonderful queen. She's dignified and gracious.:flowers:

Princess Mathilde of Belgium reads a story for children of the nursery
and primary school 'Kakelbont' in Brussels during the Reading breakfast
(Voorleesontbijt) of the Read aloud week (Voorleesweek) organized by
Reading association Stichting Lezen, November 21, 2008.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4**

** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 ** Pic 7 ** Pic 8 **

These fairytales recorded by Princess Mathilde are a real Christmas gift.
Thank you so much.:heart:

Pics 22.11.2008

That's really nice, thank you, stephanievl :)

Princess Mathilde during a national tribute ceremony for workers
organised by Federal Public Service for Employement, 22 November
2008, in Brussels.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 **

I love the photos of Mathilde reading to the children. She is so elegant, yet seems so caring and loving toward the children.

It is really nice to see princess Mathilde having so much activities!

Yes, Mathilde was made to be a mother, and to do work like this.... She is perfect for it, sgl

I love the photos of Mathilde reading to the children. She is so elegant, yet seems so caring and loving toward the children.
I totally agree, she looks so sweet and nice to the children but also so elegant and regale!
IBL gallery

And before she left for Indonesia, CP Mathilde attended a national tribute ceremony for workers organised by Federal Public Service for Employement, Saturday 22 November 2008, in Brussels.

See here for pics (Belga)

:previous:
It compares the clothes of Maxima & Mathilde on various occasions.
12 November, Maxima wore a yellow/goldish coat, of which Mathilde wore the black version on 15 November.

Another comparison of the similar styles of both CP'sses is the pink sweater of Mathilde and the brown sweater of Maxima.

In all pics, the CPsses wear Nathan.

The comments below the pics are all about the clothes and whether or not they work on Mathilde/Maxima.

Today the "Princess Mathilde Prize" was awarded to two Anderlecht's parents network, "Mijn mama is een speelvogel" and "Garderie parentale". This year's theme was "To support parents in children and young people education".

See for pics here (Belga).

She seemed to be really enjoying herself.

Yes, she looked very well...

She looks like a proud parent! You can tell by her expressions that she is so proud of the award winners.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom