Crown Prince Philippe and Crown Princess Mathilde - Current Events part 15

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he is to the youngest son, but I am not sure. I do know that they stayed with Dom Duarte and Dona Isabel during a previous summer holiday.
According to a Portuguese magazine the Duke and Duchess of Brabant went to a society party where Kofi Annan was one of the guests too. Dom Duarte didn´t attend as he had other guests to entertain at home, who weren´t invited to the party.

they are cute with the children. It looks like they realy have fun together. And Mathilde looks less shy than she was at the beginning.

I think he is to the youngest son, but I am not sure.
Yes, Prince Philippe is a cousin of D. Duarte and he is the godfather of Infante Dinis.

I do know that they stayed with Dom Duarte and Dona Isabel during a previous summer holiday.
That's right. They usually spend some days together, in the Algarve. I believe this year was not an exception.

According to a Portuguese magazine the Duke and Duchess of Brabant went to a society party where Kofi Annan was one of the guests too. Dom Duarte didn´t attend as he had other guests to entertain at home, who weren´t invited to the party.
That's right. Here's the article:
Correio da Manhã

Every year, the Portuguese businessman Vasco Pereira Coutinho invites a series of famous personalities for his Summer party. This year, the luxurious party at the Quinta de Mata Mouros (in Silves) was attended by personalities like Kofi Annan, the president of the European Comission José Manuel Durão Barroso and the Belgian Crown Princes. Philippe and Mathilde (who every year spend two weeks of vacation in Portugal) had enjoyed all the luxuries of the mansion, which they just left to return to Belgium.

Situated in Silves (Algarve), the Quinta de Mata Mouros, owned by Vasco Pereira Coutinho, has a series of small luxuries. The property has a heliport, an enormous swimming pool and large gardens, where the party took place. Instead of arriving to the property by car, all the guests came by helicopter.

D. Duarte was very sorry for not being able to attend the party: "Usually, I am invited for this party, and this year was not an exception, but I also had guests in my house in Sintra, so I had to return earlier from the Algarve".

Thanks for translating the article Elsa. I am getting too enthousiastic here but let´s hope that Princess Elisabeth will get impressed by one of the Braganca boys ;)
-
I assume this party is so private that there aren´t any pictures taken of the guests?

. I am getting too enthousiastic here but let´s hope that Princess Elisabeth will get impressed by one of the Braganca boys ;)
Haha! Yes, you are getting a bit enthousiastic here... but don't we all, royal watchers, like to plan love matches? :D

(Hey, Elisabeth could marry Dinis, who's two years older than her... and he's a cute boy ;)
http://www.seegerpress-online.de/topixx/data/pre-SEEGER00163825.jpg )

I assume this party is so private that there aren´t any pictures taken of the guests?
Hmm, I don't think we'll get any pictures there...

Prince Philippe and princess Mathilde of Belgium walks with Princess Elisabeth (5) Prince Gabriel (3) and prince Emmanuel (1,5) during a visit to Chlorophylle recreationforest park, Monday 16 July 2007, in the Belgian Ardenne.

BelgaPicture
Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected
Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected

It is the first time i notice Mathilde has a good body! Specially when knowing she has had 3 children. I love the kids, especially the boys, they are very cute.

Other Princesses have schools, streets or hospitals named after them and little Princess Elisabeth scored a brand new zero-emission polar station.
And since little princesses have busy schedules themselves, she sent her father Prince Philippe, Honorary President of the International Polar Foundation, along to inaugurate the pre-built Antarctica Station at the Tour&Taxis site in Brussels today. The Polar Station will be open to the public from 6 to 9 September 2007, before it is disassembled and transported by ship to Antarctica, where it will be re-assembled from November to February 2008.

More information on the Princess Elisabeth Polar Station can be found here:
Antarcticstation.org
International Polarfoundation

A graphic model of the Princess Elisabeth Polar Station
Picture 1
Picture 2

And Prince Philippe in front of the new station
Picture 3
source: polarfoundation.org

Last edited:
I read something about that in todays newspaper. Apperently it will be a neutral station, the first one (neutral as in not poluting at all).

Does the tour & taxis site have anything to do with the Thurn und Taxis family?

Does the tour & taxis site have anything to do with the Thurn und Taxis family?

Yep, the Tour & Taxis site was named after the ‘von Thurn und Taxis’ family, who owned this marshy area in Brussels and used this land as grazing land for its ‘Horse Post’ horses. In the beginning of the 20th century a huge and still very impressive building complex has been put up: the Royal Warehouse. More about this can be found here: Tour & Taxis

Isn't Prince Philippe the godfather of one of the sons of Dom Duarte? So they must be close friends.

Prince Laurent was Dom Duarte's bestman so I would say both families are very close.

Who knows? Specially looking on her last orange gown on Willem-Alexander's birthday party.

Maybe she just put some extra weight?

Pics 13.9.2007

Princess Mathilde of Belgium attends the official opening of the exhibition "Rubens, a genious at
work" in Brussels Beaux-Arts/Schone Kunsten museum, 13 September 2007:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

The palace has not released a statement that Mathilde is pregnant, so untill they do we better stop this discussion. Please refrain from more comments, questions about this. Further replies to this alleged pregnancy will be deleted without notice.

Thanks for understanding,

Belgian Forum Moderators

An article about the exhibition from flandersnews.be:

Rubens Exhibition in Brussels

Thu 13/09/07 - The exhibition, 'Rubens, a Genius at Work', opens September 14 and will run through January 27, 2008. The exhibition includes works from the museum's collections as well as paintings and drawings on loan from foreign museums.

Read the entire article here.

From what I can see in the background, those are some very beautiful paintings!!!

She looked lovely in my opinion!

Upcoming events:
15/09/2007: performance "D'un soir, un jour" in Turnhout
20/09/2007: attending a studyday in the university of Antwerp
21/09/2007: attending the celebrations for the 40-year excisting of the association "ons tehuis", academic session
30/09/2007: thankparty Caritas communion service
01/10/2007: attending the film showing of the Belgian movie "Ben X"
03/11/2007: economic mission together with prince Philippe to Quatar

Wonderfull pictures, the prince looks great and relaxed
Thanks for posting them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom