Crown Prince Philippe and Crown Princess Mathilde - Current Events part 12

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
All the pictures regarding Philippe & Mathilde on the National Day 2006 have been moved to the thread, which you can find here

This is from this week's Story: an interview with Marlène de Wouters. She's a Belgian-Dutch noblewoman who'se been working for Flemish tv for many years, mostly presenting talk shows. She now works for 5tv, a women's channel. She presents a royalty program there, Bal Royal. She also presents the queen Elisabeth competition. On the evening before the national day the organization of the QEC gives a free concert that the royal family attends. Here are some pics of Marlène de Wouters talking to Mathilde and some of her comments:

Princess Mathilde and princess Astrid talked for quite a while with Marlène. "It was a very nice chat!" Marlène says laughing. "Mathilde and I were just having a woman's talk. Obviously we discussed our children (laughs), but also the wedding of her sister Elisabeth and the busy days ahead of her. She also asked me about how I manage to combine my tv career with motherhood. So a real chat among women (laughs). Princess Mathilde is a strong woman, with both feet on the ground. Most of all she's a mother."
"Princess Astrid is always very atentive, and remembers the smallest details, she's intrested in many things and has a lot of affinity with the human side of things. She complimented me on my blouse, said she found it so summery and colourful."

Thanks for tranlating this article, Hannelore. I always find it interesting to read opinions of those who have had first hand experience with royalty!

johann said:
Princess Mathilde attended the International UN-Conference on "Sexual violence in armed conflicts and beyond" in Brussels, Palais d’Egmont (June, 21st).
Brussels June 21, 2006 - Princess Mathilde of Belgium and Armand De Decker, Belgian Minister for Development Co-operation participate at the International Conference on "Sexual violence in armed conflicts and beyond" R
(photos by Jean-Michel CLajot)

http://s2.supload.com/free/m1-20060804133123.jpg/view/ http://s2.supload.com/free/m2-20060804133123.jpg/view/ http://s2.supload.com/free/m3-20060804134254.jpg/view/

Last edited by a moderator:
CASCADIA said:
Rchat, you stated something I have thought ever since they got married. Before their marriage the only pictures I ever saw of CP Philippe were in Royalty or Majesty magazines. He always seemed to be someone who was not truly happy. Ever since their marriage, he seems so happy, relaxed and more confident. The vives I get from this couple when I see the pictures of them together on official engagements is that they have a real rapport and intimacy between them. Perhaps, the love of a wonderful woman changed his life. For some reason, even though I don't know them, I am truly happy for them and the family they have created. Hope they have decades of happy lives in front of them.

:) Totally agree with you Cascadia. They seem so compatible.

If Those who did not know Crown Princess Mathilde Of The Beligians but I say Belguim is the first beligian woman to marry a beligian heir-apparent.She will be the first beligian woman to become Queen Of The Beligians. But I like to say The Queen Of Belguim.

Next Star said:
If Those who did not know Crown Princess Mathilde Of The Beligians but I say Belguim is the first beligian woman to marry a beligian heir-apparent.She will be the first beligian woman to become Queen Of The Beligians. But I like to say The Queen Of Belguim.
If there indeed are someone here on the Belgian part of the forum who didn't know - they must have been hiding under a rock for the past years. Almost every time I read an article about Mathilde, it is mentioned that she is Belgian born.

I thought that not that many people knew that she is the first beligan woman to marry a Beligan heir-apparent. You have proven wrong but that is okay. I learned something new and by thank you

NextStar..thanks for the info BUT Mathilde has been married for at least five years and has three kids. That information has been out for quite some time now.

I diid not know that I have only been somewhat a royal shloar for about almost three years now, Thank You. Queen Ena for the tip.

Next Star said:
I diid not know that I have only been somewhat a royal shloar for about almost three years now, Thank You. Queen Ena for the tip.

I think that when you've come to a forum like TRF, where members have been following royals for years, information like the nationality of princes and princesses, especially ones as popular as the current Crown Princesses, is pretty common knowledge for everyone. Most members in this forum can also tell you a little bit about Mathilde's noble background or what Mary of Denmark's father does for a living or what Letizia of Spain's parents do for a living. Such information is readily available and one doesn't necessarily need to be a scholar to know such things.

I know that some information on royals or about being royal you must read.

Next Star said:
I know that some information on royals or about being royal you must read.

I'm sorry, but I am confused now. How else would people know stuff (about any subject not just royals) if they didn't read? :huh:

As already mentioned, it's a bit presumptuous to come around to a forum devoted to royals and to tell people things that are common knowledge. That would be like going to a fashion forum and saying that Chanel's first name was CoCo.

There is no confusing at all then it comes to me. Some people did not know the difference from an heir-apparent to an heir-presumptive, And that not the only thing and there is other things you have to read. We are talking about other stuff we are about royals. This website is called The Royal forums.

Nanook said:
I'm sorry, but I am confused now. How else would people know stuff (about any subject not just royals) if they didn't read? :huh:

As already mentioned, it's a bit presumptuous to come around to a forum devoted to royals and to tell people things that are common knowledge. That would be like going to a fashion forum and saying that Chanel's first name was CoCo.

I agree with you, there is no need to bring up the obvious. But if you read the biography of Chanel by Edmonde Charles-Roux (highly recommendable reading, especially when it comes to the treatment of Chanel by her lover, the British duke! Talk about condescending - and she such an artist!)), you'd have read that while Chanel called herself Coco, her name actually was Gabrielle. ;)

Last edited:
I feel reading is the best learing regardless how other people feel or say peroid.

Next Star, I think a nice way to learn about the royals on this forum is to go to the Sitemap, choose the Royal Family you are interested in and begin reading from the earliest threads on them through to the most current. Although I had studied the British Royal Family for several years when I joined TRF, I really did not know much about many of the European Royal Families and I learned alot by reading the threads. I think you will be amazed at the wealth of knowledge members of the forum have, and are generous enough to share.

....and now to the topic....do we get to see this lovely family on September 1st when Elisabeth and Gabriel will start school? Any ideas?

Emily said:
....and now to the topic....do we get to see this lovely family on September 1st when Elisabeth and Gabriel will start school? Any ideas?

Well, I definitely hope so! Is it Gabriel's first year at school? If so, there might as well be some press coverage, don't you think? :flowers:

...well perhaps Catherine or Hannelore can help me here but I think Elisabeth started school two years ago so it seems that Gabriel should be starting this year since he and E are two years apart. I hope there is some coverage -- I always miss seeing this family when they are on holidays.

Do you think Gabriel will also have a red backpack? :flowers: I hope there's press coverage, he's too cute to pass up! :wub:

Let's move on from the obvious facts of Princess Mathilde's nationality everyone...
The facts of the Belgian Royals as do any other royals can be read on this forum or elsewhere easily by using "search". There is no need to repeat a factual information again & again.

Thank you.

Prince Philippe it would have had a small accident during his holidays
indeed it seems to me that a binding with the right-hand side has
:sad: :neutral:

Prince Philippe is back in business and attends the opening ceremony and the competitions at the IAAF Golden League athletics meeting “Memorial Van Damme” in Brussels tonight. He took the chance to congratulate his compatriot Tia Hellebaut, who won the high jump gold medal at the 2006 European Championship earlier this month. Furthermore he honours the Belgian European Champion Kim Gevaert who won the women’s 200 meters tonight. (BELGA, anp)

[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]

alexandresylvie said:
Prince Philippe it would have had a small accident during his holidays
indeed it seems to me that a binding with the right-hand side has
:sad: :neutral:
You are right alexandresylvie - looks like a minor thumb injury.

Last edited:
Next Star said:

Yep. That is a new trend as well:
- Norway: a Norwegian bride
- Belgium: a Belgian bride
- Spain: a Spanish bride

:)

Princess Mathilde is not only a perfect Princess, she is also a scion of an old noble family.
The family was bestowed the baronial rank in 1815 by King Willem I of the Netherlands after reconnaissance which is a recognition of older (pre-1795) nobility. Only the firstborn sons were a Baron, the other sons and daughters were Jonkheer (Écuyer) or Jonkvrouwe (Demoiselle). In 1999 it had pleased His Majesty to elevate the Baron d'Udekem d'Acoz (uncle of Mathilde) as well as Jonkheer d'Udekem d'Acoz (Mathilde's father) to the comital rank.

Camilla of Cornwall and Mathilde of Brabant are the only blueblooded spouses of today's Heirs.

Last edited:
Philippe & Mathilde were present at a private dinner in Holland for Masako & Naruhito of Japan. The other guests were queen Beatrix, Máxima & Willem-Alexander and Henri & María Teresa of Luxemburg.

I totally agreed with iloveroyal about Princess Mathide.Well put it's exactly how I felt about her.There's an aura in her face that exudes serenity,calm and compassion.I love the fact that she made Prince Philippe such a happy man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom