Crown Prince Philippe and Crown Princess Mathilde - Current Events part 12

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
lise said:
Why do watermarks always seem to be placed badly? :(

Anyway thanks for posting the pictures.

Probably so that sneaky tabloids won't use the photos without permission from the owner of the photos. But it is annoying for us at the forum, who don't misuse the photos.

KikkiB said:
Probably so that sneaky tabloids won't use the photos without permission from the owner of the photos. But it is annoying for us at the forum, who don't misuse the photos.

Yeah that's what I was thinking about the watermarks.

Princess Mathilde attended the International UN-Conference on "Sexual violence in armed conflicts and beyond" in Brussels, Palais d’Egmont (June, 21st). Quite a contrast to her evening program.
And yes - these pictures don’t have a bad watermark, therefore they are too tiny. (source: picturedesk)

Princess Mathilde looks wonderful in almost everything she wears!

I think Princess Mathilde is our most special European princess : there is a serenity about her, as of someone with a strong spiritual life, which she radiates: somehow, looking at her peaceful, so kind face, always makes me feel better. Other princesses may be considered more beautiful or elegant, but she has an angelic quality and charm nobody else matches among the other royal families. We are very fortunate to have Mathilde.

i saw a new official picture of mathilde at http://www.royalblog.nl/ next to the one released with ocassion of the thai's king jubilee of princess maxima, in red. mathilde is dressed in a blue-grey gown with tiara. is it a new one? in that case, she looks beautiful. when was it released?

No , it's not a new picture , it was taken in 2002, shortly after the wedding of Maxima and Wilem-Alexander . They visited Belgium for one day.

iloveroyals said:
I think Princess Mathilde is our most special European princess : there is a serenity about her, as of someone with a strong spiritual life, which she radiates: somehow, looking at her peaceful, so kind face, always makes me feel better. Other princesses may be considered more beautiful or elegant, but she has an angelic quality and charm nobody else matches among the other royal families. We are very fortunate to have Mathilde.

I agree, and it really is about how the princess makes you feel, isn't it? The clothes are important, attractiveness is important, but the best princesses make you feel like all is right in the world.

I agree, I think that in an old fashioned sense, we still look up to them because they are royalty and we are "commoners", and we need royals like Princess Mathilde who are imbued with that luminous quality that almost makes us (or me!) feel that they are just a bit on a higher plane than the common person (not that the common person cannot have it, many have it, but they are not in the limelight and cannot serve as role models to any but their close circle). Mathilde often seems as if she could step out a painting by a master : she has both a Madonna quality (all gentleness, almost self-sacrificing and an aesthetic , in the sense of artistic, quality that sets her apart from any beautiful model, actress that is so much of the here and now. Mathilde seems to transcend the here and now. As a princess and future queen, she is going to have staying power. In that sense, she reminds me of Queen Sofia, who also seems the very picture of unassuming gentleness, but with that luminous quality, very pure beauty, added.

iloveroyals said:
Mathilde often seems as if she could step out a painting by a master : she has both a Madonna quality (all gentleness, almost self-sacrificing and an aesthetic , in the sense of artistic, quality that sets her apart from any beautiful model, actress that is so much of the here and now. Mathilde seems to transcend the here and now. As a princess and future queen, she is going to have staying power. In that sense, she reminds me of Queen Sofia, who also seems the very picture of unassuming gentleness, but with that luminous quality, very pure beauty, added.

Wow, you really put your finger on her appeal.

Princess Mathilde also reminds me of the description of La Princesse de Cleves by Madame de Lafayette, the seventeenth century novel, considered , I think, the very first French novel. La Princesse de Cleves has every virtue possible. The book is worth reading, very romantic, and in a way, "sets the tone" for what we (I guess I mean students rquired to read that book in school) expect from royalty. And so modern royals either live up to the ideal or they don't.

Mathilde seems like she would be a nice person to know. And she seems to have had a positive effect on Prince Philippe. When I compare pictures of before Philippe was married and afterward, he looks so much better after he got married to Mathilde... not only more handsome, but just more at peace and happy.

You are all right about Mathilde. She is just lovely. She has great fashion sense and has a very serene aura about her. These recent pictures have made me rethink my notion that she was pregnant. In many of her latest photos she look pregnant, but not in these. Not that that matters. She carries herself with great dignity. Just a beautiful woman and Belgium should be proud.

According to the NBC announcers, Phillipe and Mathilde are at the Wimbledon final today watching Justine Henin-Hardenne. They showed her and Phillippe. Mathilde is wearing a lime green coat.

kwanfan said:
According to the NBC announcers, Phillipe and Mathilde are at the Wimbledon final today watching Justine Henin-Hardenne. They showed her and Phillippe. Mathilde is wearing a lime green coat.
Nice to hear Philippe & Mathilde are there, unfortunately, Justine Henin-Hardenne just lost to Amelie Mauresmo. :(

I saw Mathilde on TV in the U.S. but not Phillipe. Are they any pictures of the couple at Wimbledon. I took French in school and was happy to see Amelie Mauresmo win. Justine Henin-Hardenne is a great player, but was not the best one today.

Their support didn’t help that much this time, but anyhow: here they are. (belga)

Thanks for the photos, johann. Do you know where this took place?

Mathilde1286 said:
Thanks for the photos, johann. Do you know where this took place?
Sorry, wasn’t precise enough: The pictures show Mathilde and Philippe while they are watching the final match between Justine Henin-Hardenne and Amelie Mauresmo in Wimbledon today.

No, I'm sorry. I wasn't precise enough: I mean what country? :eek:

Thanks for the photos. Mathilde looks nice in the lime green jacket and white pants. I love her style.

iloveroyals said:
I feel exactly the same way about Mathilde, despite the fact I tend to be the most cynical of people. There's this unexplicable karma about her that, even looking at a picture of her, makes one feel better about the world at large, strange as that may sound. Most royals out there, mind you, don't seem to have this ability, on the contrary, I see a picture of them and can't help but think, "you should get off your duff and stop pretending and wearing those tiaras and get a real job already!" But not with her, for whatever reason.

I love Mathilde's green jacket, it's a color that wouldn't work in a lot of people but in her it looks great; both her and Phillippe are wearing very summer-y clothes lately and those make them look very good!:)

iloveroyals said:

Wow, how articulately you stated my feelings. Except, IMO, I think she is the most beautiful and elegant of the CP's!!.

rchat said:
Mathilde seems like she would be a nice person to know. And she seems to have had a positive effect on Prince Philippe. When I compare pictures of before Philippe was married and afterward, he looks so much better after he got married to Mathilde... not only more handsome, but just more at peace and happy.

Rchat, you stated something I have thought ever since they got married. Before their marriage the only pictures I ever saw of CP Philippe were in Royalty or Majesty magazines. He always seemed to be someone who was not truly happy. Ever since their marriage, he seems so happy, relaxed and more confident. The vives I get from this couple when I see the pictures of them together on official engagements is that they have a real rapport and intimacy between them. Perhaps, the love of a wonderful woman changed his life. For some reason, even though I don't know them, I am truly happy for them and the family they have created. Hope they have decades of happy lives in front of them.

Last edited by a moderator:
They have the right to enjoy some vacation also. And there is always one certainty in summer: 21 July (If Mathilde is not to pregnant ;) what isn't the case. So one more week to wait. And after that I guess we'll have to wait until september.

purple_platinum said:
Nice to hear Philippe & Mathilde are there, unfortunately, Justine Henin-Hardenne just lost to Amelie Mauresmo. :(

I saw them on tv too..only on the tv channel they showed a close up of CP Mathilde and announced her as the "the princess of belgium'. Then when the camera zoomed out I could see CP Philippe sitting right beside her, but the commentators didn't mention/know who he was..lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom